Fruit Cart Business.

I have some thai friends who I want to help out. since I don't have a lot of money, I thought that maybe I could afford to get them into the fruit cart business.

the fruit carts are those thai guys who go up and down the streets with their mobile fruit stands offering sliced pineapple, watermelon, etc...

I spoke to one fruit cart guy, and he told me he grosses from 500 to 2k baht a day with his small business. he told me that his best day was about 4k baht.

I'm thinking that I would only need to help them out by buying the cart for them. and I'm thinking that the cart would cost about 10k baht to purchase.

can anybody tell me where I can buy a fruit cart for my friends? also, any other details pertaining to the fruit cart business would be most welcome. for example, would they need to get some kind of permit from the city to operate? thanks...

can anybody tell me where I can buy a fruit cart for my friends? also, any other details pertaining to the fruit cart business would be most welcome. for example, would they need to get some kind of permit from the city to operate? thanks...

Take the BTS towards On Nut, get out at Ekkemai, walk on the southside towards On Nut, for a few 100s meters, there are several producers/sellers there.

A cart goes for 8 to 10K Bt I believe.

As for permits, thats a big joke !

You will need to ask the police where you can stand and pay them off weekly / monthly.

Good luck and dont burn your fingers, friend of mine did.

just my 2 satang

Edited by 2 satang