Visa For Burmese Gf

The fact is she is not your wife and is not entitled to stay in Thailand. You are dealing with a rogue state and that state is your problem. If you could obtain the letter from her Embassy you would be treated as any other marriage applicant. It seems that letter is only available at a cost. If you can not go that route believe you should check with refugee NGO groups. Am not sure that they can help you but they would probably understand and have likely seen people with the same troubles. There might be another way. But I suspect it will not involve local lawyers.

this is absolutely ridiculous and infuriating. we just want to get married <deleted>. most of the lawyers that people have mentioned don't seem to know anything. we still haven't found a translation/migration/legal agency that can help :)

i don't want to waste more money on something which for other nationalities is fairly straight forward and hassle free. i will also be forced to pay extra money for some stupid visa for my fiancee to stay, when she should be entitled to stay here as my wife like other spouses who have working partners. this makes me very angry, and depressed :D

The problem you have is getting married after that the visa will be easy.

Did you PM the member that did a post about what he did to get married? I suspect that the lawyer that did it has contacts at the embassy and was able to get the affirmation to marry there.

I hate to say it but it may be a matter of going back to the embassy and see if the price can be negotiated down to get the affirmation to marry. If you could get it down by half that would still be less expense than going to another country to get married.

I wish I could be of more help. But I just don't know of anything more that you could do.

• 6 months later...
Hi all, i just want to share with the TS my experience.

I'm a singaporean married to a Shan lady (Burmese nationality with international passport) in thailand, bangkok

We registered on 22 Jan 08 at the registration office at Phasicharoen District Office.

It was simple actually. For my side, all i needed was to get my avidavitt from my Embassy and have the Freedom of marriage translated.

For her, i actually got a lawyer that handles Work Permits and stuff for foreign workers (ask if they do it for Burmese), and they actually got her Avidavitt done for her!

So when that is done, the lawfirm arranged a date , and ferried us down to the dIstrict office to get registerd.

all was done within 3 days upon my arrival in bangkok! (my den-gf was a student on a 1 yr ED-Visa in bangkok)

I'm not sure if i still have the lawyer's number, but if needed, drop me a PM i might be able to dig that out.

If you have that lawyer's number, pls share with me. Now I am serious for our marriage registration.

I am interested in this lawyer. I need to get marriage with my burmese gf .but the problem is the embassy does not issue single status. Pls help me providing the number of this lawyer.

Hi all, i just want to share with the TS my experience.

I'm a singaporean married to a Shan lady (Burmese nationality with international passport) in thailand, bangkok

We registered on 22 Jan 08 at the registration office at Phasicharoen District Office.

It was simple actually. For my side, all i needed was to get my avidavitt from my Embassy and have the Freedom of marriage translated.

For her, i actually got a lawyer that handles Work Permits and stuff for foreign workers (ask if they do it for Burmese), and they actually got her Avidavitt done for her!

So when that is done, the lawfirm arranged a date , and ferried us down to the dIstrict office to get registerd.

all was done within 3 days upon my arrival in bangkok! (my den-gf was a student on a 1 yr ED-Visa in bangkok)

I'm not sure if i still have the lawyer's number, but if needed, drop me a PM i might be able to dig that out.