Why Is It That So Many Topics Disolve Into Slanging Matches

Robby nz

It's fun and nobody gets a black-eye like they would in a bar :o

That would be true except for the safety incurred by an anonymous existance in a remote location. I think most of the slanging matches would just not happen if the protagonists were mano-a-mano.

Been reading this forum and others for a few years now and see that many topics quickly end up in arguments and slagging off at previous posters, often well of topic.

Any ideas why this should be?

It's a problem associated with many internet forums although I agree that this one seems to suffer more heavily from aggressive and anti social postings than most. Why? probably something to do with its subject base being what it is and the types of people that location increasingly attracts over recent years.

Red vs Yellow is the only topic we are allowed to discuss here. Posting like that in other threads will get you banned no time. Maybe it's time to ban politics in forum rules.... Oops, just realized that i propably broke the rules here.... Bye..... :o

I notice that it's the men that are catty bitchy crybabies. The women steer clear of the childishness. When is the last time anyone saw the ladies descend into the mudslinging? Ok, for sure mud wrestling ladies is definitely cool. It's not as arousing when it's a bunch of middle aged bald guys with hairy backs and bulging guts.

The forum needs to recruit more ladies. Perhaps some of the sexier males would consider posting naughty pictures in their profiles to facilitate recruiting. Maybe the next TV BBQ should offer a man raffle where new lady members with 100 posts or more could bid on the delights of a man stud drawn from the ranks of the self declared hansum men in here. I'd be willing to show my thigh but it might take up the whole pic :o

Edited by geriatrickid

I notice that it's the men that are catty bitchy crybabies. The women steer clear of the childishness. When is the last time anyone saw the ladies descend into the mudslinging? Ok, for sure mud wrestling ladies is definitely cool. It's not as arousing when it's a bunch of middle aged bald guys with hairy backs and bulging guts.

The forum needs to recruit more ladies. Perhaps some of the sexier males would consider posting naughty pictures in their profiles to facilitate recruiting. Maybe the next TV BBQ should offer a man raffle where new lady members with 100 posts or more could bid on the delights of a man stud drawn from the ranks of the self declared hansum men in here. I'd be willing to show my thigh but it might take up the whole pic :o

When did you last see a man go in to a forum and say it should be shut down because it is talking about things that interest men.

I'm noticing it happening more and more also.

And not just on Thai Visa. ON other forums i go on.

It seems to be the way the world is changing somewhat.

People are angry and unfortunately, are taking it out on their peers.

I don't like the direction things are heading both in Thai politics and on Thai Visa. The friendliness has gone out of it all.

I am starting to believe that no one WANTS to get along anymore. Sorry situation for sure.

ps. I was on a forum the other day where a guy was asking if anyone could help him hack someone's WIFI. Lots of answers and many rude ones.

After 15 replies, i was the first one to say: Why don't you ask him? Maybe trade some garden vegetables or offer him tickets to where you work or something in exchange.

I don't like the direction things are heading both in Thai politics and on Thai Visa. The friendliness has gone out of it all.

I am starting to believe that no one WANTS to get along anymore. Sorry situation for sure.

ps. I was on a forum the other day where a guy was asking if anyone could help him hack someone's WIFI. Lots of answers and many rude ones.

After 15 replies, i was the first one to say: Why don't you ask him? Maybe trade some garden vegetables or offer him tickets to where you work or something in exchange.

So :D your first thought was one of exchange..... :D:o "hack someones WIFI ? :D

So :D your first thought was one of exchange..... :D:o "hack someones WIFI ? :P

True.........people are angry, :D even those who come across as sitting on a high horse know in the back of their minds that things are not going well. :wai:

But, with regard to my own posts, the only reason for slanging matches is because the other guys are totally wrong! :jerk: :D

sad-o-rama i know !!

And I find it particularly funny when they can't even spell the words they try to abuse you with!!!…..lol :o

But seriously ….the questions are...

....Have you ever enjoyed it?

....Were you a participant or a spectator? :D

Edited by teacup

i agree i am afraid its a sign of the times

i hate you because you think differently than me..... syndrome

could be changed in a moment to....... i love you because you show me a different view of things

the first idea is in vogue due to economic pressures and the lack of equality in education....

what to do....... ENJOY BY BEING KIND LOVING AND COMPASSIONATE.......UP TO YOU

Its all to do with the anonymity of the internet, many of the posters on this forum would never voice the opinions they post here, in for instance ,their favored watering hole for fear of being sat on their backsides.

A nic and a fancy avatar turns many weak little men into giants(in their own mind ).

Some people just love to slag others off and it makes their little world that much better to know they can sit at a keyboard and do so, then sit back and laugh at the aggro they cause.

When did you last see a man go in to a forum and say it should be shut down because it is talking about things that interest men.

Hmmm. Well I suppose if a few of Pattaya's upstanding "gentlemen" had a thread discussing the attributes of the males they saw in in Boyztown with particular emphasis on such physical features as hairlessness, suppleness of the buttocks, delicacy of the lips etc. some men would demand that the thread be closed.

And don't blam mee here. You asked for a subject that would interest men. Based upon what I read in the news reports, it seems that Thailand is filled with alot of elderly farang males that have a thing for young men. And even if they don't, their poor eyesight leads a great many to have an interest in men dressing as ladies.

Many diffirent Nationalities, with many different outloooks on how life should be lived..

Different Morlas & Manners by those different Nationalities, Cultures too sometimes.

Communication breakdown & miscommunication, the English Language not being written correctly ( i've sometimes seen one word written by someone who doesn't use English as their native tongue & it's thrown a whole thread upside down )..

Throw all those people into one room, TV ) & you're bound to have a few differences of opinion, & that's putting it mildly.. :o

Those are a couple of things for starters..

How many forums do you know that attract so much interest as this one?

Sheer volume of posting and moderator tolerance means a fair bit of voice raising.

Oh yes, the mods... what a colourful bunch, and no inhibitions about pitching in :o

Shh, don't talk about....

Been reading this forum and others for a few years now and see that many topics quickly end up in arguments and slagging off at previous posters, often well of topic.

Any ideas why this should be?

What a ridiculous assumption - why don't you just shut up and find something more relevant to post about :o