Sin Sod Missing

keithlee

my friend gave a refundable 100,000 baht sin sod th gf family with understanding it was to be returned. family say they lost it, can he come up with another 100,000 so they dont lose face at wedding. he say ok, i tell him to ditch girl and family.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my friend gave a refundable 100,000 baht sin sod th gf family with understanding it was to be returned. family say they lost it, can he come up with another 100,000 so they dont lose face at wedding. he say ok, i tell him to ditch girl and family.

:o:D ....should that not read they spent it...If your friend believes this one...he is thinking with the wrong head....agreed he needs to get out now...

one born every minute springs to mind

and what did he say?

Sure they "lost" the 100k baht...

25K was lost on a new family motor scooter, another 25K on lottery tickets, and another 25K on Leo Beer (or the local beverage of choice). What happened to the remaining 25K depends on how many adult-age males are in the immediate family... :o

Tell him to write a worthless cheque to them for the next 100 k. They can show that at the ceremony, then tear it up.

Writing a bad cheque is a criminal offense in thailand, I think

So .....hope he has another 100k to bail himself out of the monkey house :o

Why didn't he just hand it over on the wedding day?

If this is not a troll post then I too am puzzled as to why it was not handed over on the wedding day, as that is the norm.

Part of the scam would be to say 'this is tradition' when telling a porkie.

I guess some Thai think farangs are idiots

I guess some Thais would be correct... some farang ARE idiots.... like the guy who apparently still wants to marry the girl after her family "lost" his 100K "refundable" sin sod...

Never a truer word spoken JF. :o

How many times has your friend had sexual relations with the lady? Depending upon the bar he found her in, if he has only paid 100K and copulated at least 50 times, then he has basically paid for services rendered. If he copulated more than that then the deal was in his favour.

Why would he give them 100,000 prior to the wedding; for him to give to them at the wedding?

So they offered to hold on to it until the wedding, then give it back to him at the wedding, then he give it back to them again??? <deleted> this story doesn't even make sense.

I'll keep this short as it's not worth a lot of time. What a fool! But, if he is your friend, did you not have a chance to warn him. By the way, next time he wants to throw his money away PM me and I'll give you my bank a/c number. This is the way Thais learn that westeners are sooooooo rich (and stupid).

Tell him to write a worthless cheque to them for the next 100 k. They can show that at the ceremony, then tear it up.

I guess some Thai think farangs are idiots

This must be beginning of a beautiful relationship--NOT

Often they are right....as we can read here

OOOOOOOOOOH my god-not another one :o 555555555555555555

Writing a bad cheque is a criminal offense in thailand, I think

So .....hope he has another 100k to bail himself out of the monkey house :o

Only a criminal offense if someone tries to cash it, and only if the payee makes a complaint / report with the police.

Are the in-laws going to do that to their new son-in-law?

Why would he give them 100,000 prior to the wedding; for him to give to them at the wedding?

So they offered to hold on to it until the wedding, then give it back to him at the wedding, then he give it back to them again??? <deleted> this story doesn't even make sense.

What dont you understand? The Sinsod is for display purposes only lol, they hold onto it and put it on display, then after the wedding they hand it back to him. This is normal when dealing with NICE Thai families, bad Thai families keep it... and completely retarded and evil Thai families manipulate you into giving TWO sinsods lol.

What dont you understand? The Sinsod is for display purposes only lol, they hold onto it and put it on display, then after the wedding they hand it back to him. This is normal when dealing with NICE Thai families, bad Thai families keep it... and completely retarded and evil Thai families manipulate you into giving TWO sinsods lol.

I think you are wrong.

The sinsot is not given to the wife's family to hold untill the wedding day.

It is presented by the groom and/or his family on the day of the wedding.

No way is it given to her family prior to the wedding.

(Told by my Thai wife).

I think you are wrong.

The sinsot is not given to the wife's family to hold untill the wedding day.

It is presented by the groom and/or his family on the day of the wedding.

No way is it given to her family prior to the wedding.

(Told by my Thai wife).

Saburn you are wrong. The groom/grooms family give the Sinsod to the brides family at the wedding, at which point it is displayed (pictures take etc..). After the wedding the brides family will hold onto the Sinsod, and either keep it permanently or return at a later date.

In the OP the money was given some time prior to the wedding (enough time for them to "lose" it)....which doesn't make sense at all.

Sorry I thought you misunderstood the whole concept, didn't realise we were arguing about the length of time it is in the hands of the family. Yes you are right, it would raise warning bells that the family wanted it in advance of the wedding.