Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Testing My Well Water In Cm

jaideeguy

I've recently dug an old fashioned well and would like to have the water tested, mainly for bacteria and got a high price from a private lab. Seems that there should be some government water testing services.

know of any????

I've recently dug an old fashioned well and would like to have the water tested, mainly for bacteria and got a high price from a private lab. Seems that there should be some government water testing services.

know of any????

There was a thread on this that mentioned two places to get water tested in CNX, one cheap and cheerful and one that did a more comprehensive and expensive test. I just tried a search using "drinking+water" and got this one ... but its not THE one .. anyway its there somewhere

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Drinking-Tap...Cm-t223313.html

know of any????

Jaideeguy, I don't know the answer, but if I were in you I would search on the Farming in Thailand Forum and if you don't find it from a previous discussion, ask there as the most likely place to find someone who has done this before. I would start at MaeJo University, the soils lab may know, or try the Land Development Department on the 107 CM - Mae Rim Hwy, between the hospital and the 121 ring road.

You aren't planning to drink this groundwater without boiling and filtering are you? E-coli is a common pathogen in areas near pig farms and other high manure generating operations. If you just use it for irrigation and other utility purposes you shouldn't have a problem. Sanitary drinking water is cheap, I pay 10 baht per 20 liter bottle in Mae Jo, 15 baht delivered.

No, I wouldn't use it for drinking water.....botteled water is so cheap and we use that for all our cooking/drinking.

Plan is to use it for household use, showering, washing clothes, dishes, etc. There are no pig farms in our sparcely populated area and the only possible source of polutants would be our own septics, which are 30+ mtrs away thru heavy clay soil.