Bangkok City Police Chief Transferred

george

Thai Police to date have been nothing short of a joke - undoubtedly supporter of ousted comrade in (arms) of Thaksin. Seeing the Pattaya Police openly cheering and hugging the Red Shirts at ASEAN was a prime example of lawlessness. No Police force in the world would be able to explain that!

Standing by during mob running amok and even when terrorists place gas bottles with petrol canisters on top - and doing nothing, kinda of shows the hopelessness. Army snipers with instant execution would have been my solution but no - nothing.

Shifting some brass sideways means they would have to start their corruption in new provinces and thus the public again would pay.

Surely completely sacking these fools would be the answer? Why shift them when it is well known they would end up doing what they have always done - stealing - bribing and even endorsing killing. Somethings DO have to change. But I guess be thankful for small mercies. Its a start.

What with corruption, cronyism and total incompetency, I am starting to think that the Royal Thai Police force should be disbanded. How can they be replaced? Should they be replaced? Will the new one be as inefficient and as corrupt as the current one?

I cannot answer these questions. Maybe no police force is better than the one we currently have! Maybe crowds will roam the streets and anarchy will ensue. Gang rule. But look at Pattaya and the riots in Bangkok last week. Nothing was done.

This will probably cause a barrage of abuse, retorts, angry replies and insults. Call me innocent, stupid, naive or insane if you will. What do you think should be done? Should Thailand have to suffer the corruption and incompetency of the current police force?

It would appear that every rank above Sgt is so snared in corruption that they should do what they did in Melbourne Australia after the last police strike in the early 1930's...they sacked everyone and brought in police from other states until they could re-hire enough of the ones that could be proven to be "clean"!

While it didn't wipe out the corruption that was endemic at the time it at least drove it so far underground that it didn't appear above ground until the mid 1960's.

Your suggestion would only work if...??? Damned if I know :o

26333.jpg

Commander of the Second Police Region Assawin Narongphan

26334.jpg

Chonburi Provincial Police Chief Bandit Khunjak

Police pay for ASEAN fiasco

Two senior police officers have been transferred to inactive posts for failing to prevent red shirt protesters from storming the ASEAN Summit on April 11 in Pattaya.

National Police Chief Patcharawat Wongsuwon yesterday signed an order moving the Commander of the Second Police Region, Assawin Narongphan, and Chonburi's Provincial Police Chief, Bandit Khunjak, to the National Police office in Bangkok.

Police Lt. Gen. Assawin will be replaced by Police Lt. Gen. Suwat Chan-Itthikul, Assistant National Police Chief, while Police Maj. Gen. Bandit will be replaced by Police Maj. Gen. Pramoj Pathumwong, Deputy Commander of the Second Police Region.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1535...or-asean-fiasco

If the Army has 700 Generals surplus to requirement it boggles the mind to think of how many Generals the police have....send all the bent ones to the southern provinces with a target on their chests...after a year the survivors can retire??

Just a thought! :o

Chonburi Provincial Police Chief Bandit Khunjak

Given his chosen profession, an ill-advised baby-naming situation.

ask a thai what the words 'bandit' and 'john' (both words as thai words) are meaning or what a possible translation into english could be.

anyway, are those police chiefs direct responsible and to blame for something that went wrong.  or is it just the normal someone have to take the blame, the responsebility and resign like it happen all the time in hierarchical organisations, merely a symbolic act (plus maybe 'a bring  some people from the own faction in power')

mismanegment and transferring to somewhere else (inactive post, or less prestige office) that is not only in the police,  happen also in the public civil sector in thailand, like those state own enterprises. i guess once you have your office chair somewhere in the middle rank of the administration, a public servant have a secure job and salary until the end of his working life and don't have to face a layoff like in a private business company. that creates lots of paper pusher and is ineffective economic wise. lucrative jobs you get due patronage and cronyism.  brave servants and the one with connections can get a nice office by thai airways in phuket or singapore, but if your old favourer, the one higher up, reshuffeld to an inactive post, your found yourself maybe delegated to the terminus railway station in isarn.

okay, the right connections can bring you also the good jobs in the private sector, but there is more pressure that you actually do something efficiently for your salary and not waste public money.

Incompetence should not be rewarded with transfers but met with the sack. Just allowing them to remain with their heads in the trough is no punishment.

You joke how can LOS sack people for incompetence,there would not be anyone left. Sorry no heads in the trough,you wish the impossible.

But the FIRST priority is to NOT APPEAR – anything that would diminish FACE. So getting fired would not be an option b/c how would it appear???? Face????

A cop was drinking “after hours” with others and was shot DEAD in a ????? bar- (actually tables with a canopy over them in the parking lot of a unused hotel). This bar repeatedly did it’s Karaoke thing with off key singers and could/can be heard several blocks away. After the death of the policeman some say police own this establishment, the place was quiet for sometime. The “chief” was sent elsewhere and a new replacement arrived. Now a/b 8 months after the fact the place is bigger and louder than ever J What does this indicate. Transfers???? GEEZE . Where is the Truth in LOS. Surprisingly I believe Buddhist teachings say “do no lie.” LOL .. But TIT so ....... if nothing changes nothing changes.

• 3 months later...
What with corruption, cronyism and total incompetency, I am starting to think that the Royal Thai Police force should be disbanded. How can they be replaced? Should they be replaced? Will the new one be as inefficient and as corrupt as the current one?

I cannot answer these questions. Maybe no police force is better than the one we currently have! Maybe crowds will roam the streets and anarchy will ensue. Gang rule. But look at Pattaya and the riots in Bangkok last week. Nothing was done.

This will probably cause a barrage of abuse, retorts, angry replies and insults. Call me innocent, stupid, naive or insane if you will. What do you think should be done? Should Thailand have to suffer the corruption and incompetency of the current police force?

South Korea did it;- I mean they replaced a corrupt dysfunctional police force with a new far less corrupt functioning force. I believe they retired all police above a certain rank addressed training and career development whilst at the same time coming down very hard indeed on corruption. If there is one single act which Abhisit could do to transform this Country it would be to begin this enormous task. The trouble is he would need sufficient mandate and enough influence to uproot the vested interests who would stand in the way.

Be careful what you wish for!