Passport Question

Hi,

I had my passport stolen a couple of weeks ago. Iv'e been to the embassy to apply for a new one which i can pick up this week.

My question is regarding immigration, will i get my 1 yr non b re issued by immigration in Bkk on production of my new passport, or will they require further proof that i had/have one?

I have a copy of the old passport, but not of the visa page.

A visa will not be re-issued by immigration, they will only re-issue your permission to stay. Meaning that if you have a mulitiple non-B, you would need to apply (and pay) for a new one outside the country. If you are on an extension of stay there should not be any problem.

Did you have a multiple entry visa or a 1 year extension?

You will need to get a new visa you lost it with your passport. In this case immigrations should have a record of your entry and permit to stay.

Was your TM6 (departure card) taken with the passport?

Immigration will have a record of an extension but not a visa.

Immigration will also want a copy of the police report you should of made for your stolen passport and TM6.

You will also need this form for immigration. Link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/downl...ostpassport.pdf

Thanks,

i'm on a multiple entry. Due for a border bounce this weekend!! The TM6 was indeed in the passport. Before, when my passport was full they just copied the info over. But then they had the old one in front of them!

Cheers for the link.

At any rate your visa is gone. You will be allowed to stay until the end of your current permitted to stay stamp (which seems to be this weekend) and then you must leave and obtain a new visa or visa exempt entry. So that should be your plan of action. Obtain passport - file lost passport paperwork at Immigration to get new stamp in current passport and replacement TM.6. Exit country to obtain new visa.

If your permit to stay is running out this weekend you might want to get a 7 day extension when you go to immigration. It will cost you 1900 baht but it might be well worth it to get a little more time since a border run will only give you 15 more days.

thanks for the replies.

Looks like the 7 day extention could be the plan. That gives me time to get the required paperwork in order to get a new 1 yr visa. Should be picking up new work permit on Thursday.

I'll try an e-mail to the issuing consulate (Kota Bharu) in case they can help......

Nightmare really. Bloody car got stolen, in it were all my documents!!