Another Ssr Run Folks, Planning Stage

Bard

Another run?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am soon on my way home to Thailand again and was tinkering with the idea of another SSR run, maybe another route. So first of all anyone in?

Put in a poll just to test it out actually... Virgin poll for me :o

We can do another EPIC trip, or limit it to be close by BKK in the weekends for others to join, or just drop it and take small trips as it comes.

So if anyone is up for it, ideas?

Cheers Bard

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! Looking forward to SSR II! :o

Where to go this time... Decisions decisions.

Personally I would love to try riding in Laos or Cambo- never been to either and really want to check 'em out.

Have to take into account the rainy season and plan accordingly.

Perhaps this time we could head east to Trat and then head north along the Cambo border to Sa Kaeo, Ubon Ratchatani and other points in the Northeast alond the Lao border. We'll have to check the GT Rider site to see where we can cross the border and assuming everyone is interested I'd love to check out Laos. Take the ferry across at Chiang Khong and understand we can re-enter Thailand at the Friendship bridge?

What's everyone else in the mood for?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Im definately in for a Lao or Cambodia trip. Would have to be mid month though, things are kinda hectic here for me at the moment with work so wont be able to get away until around 2nd week of May

What? Work?! You??? :D:D:o (BTW- when are your bikes gonna be fixed?) Riding the Wave to Cambo might be 'interesting' :D

I'm in for the Laos and Cambo trip, will be great guys.

Shit I love the poll stuff you can see who voted what, so now we know who don't want to ride with us as well, excellent. Mid month of May sounds like a plan. Say around 9th???

Let's check out if David released the new Laos maps, Cambo I can upload to my GPS but Laos is supposed to not be available. So Davids Map is crucial there.

Zzinged join up for start and finish, will be weekend and we will probably go up to Laos or Cambo border so you can go up and just buzz back to home probably some others might join you for that. Travelmate needs to have fun with his new camera, so he might join you, and hey all the others who might not be able to join for more than a weekend.

Cheers Bard

Im definately in for a Lao or Cambodia trip. Would have to be mid month though, things are kinda hectic here for me at the moment with work so wont be able to get away until around 2nd week of May

What? Work?! You??? :D:D:o (BTW- when are your bikes gonna be fixed?) Riding the Wave to Cambo might be 'interesting' :D

I voted SSR no way :D

The ninja had an engine swap yesterday and today should be all back together. Should be ready by Thursday i think... Friday at latest and i will make a day run to test before the weekend.

FZ6 is still as it was when i put it into Yamaha, not the fastest bunch to fix bikes i tell you! Should be ready May 1st but i dont believe that and think end of first week is more realistic.

And yes sometimes i work and this week im actually busy so not having a bike to distract me is probably good. Wont need to work for a few months after working so hard this week. I think ill take a well deserved holiday...

I know you voted no way you cun_t well now we all know Trent!!! You have all this week to work, next week I am busy as well finalizing the pimping of my bike, plus work in BKK with you and CF plus in the office in Ratchada to get my transfer arranged as next trip marks the end of the dark continent for me for a while and I'm back where I belong. So that gives you one full week, plus one week with minor distraction (me) so you should be good for the rest of the month after that.

LivinLOS got the V9 links before you got nazied but not the other ones, hmm I will PM you my email, to avoid gestapo. Right now got to run, have a heli to catch...

Cheers Bard

Hi,

I would be up for any trips that are planned.

I work offshore and not due to go back until 26th May.

Im trying to loose some weight so I can comfortably fit into my leathers or a need to find somewhere to buy bigger more comfortable gear (preferably perforated)

I live in the Pattaya area so if there's trips planned to come past here I can join in no probs. Would be good to meet some more bikers into ride-outs/trips.

Watched top gear not long ago, the one when they all went for a jolly in Vietnam, looked ace would be up for anything like that (Lao, Cambodia etc).

Ill keep an eye on this threads to see if anything develops.

Cheers

Hi,

Im trying to loose some weight so I can comfortably fit into my leathers or a need to find somewhere to buy bigger more comfortable gear (preferably perforated)

I live in the Pattaya area so if there's trips planned to come past here I can join in no probs. Would be good to meet some more bikers into ride-outs/trips.

Watched top gear not long ago, the one when they all went for a jolly in Vietnam, looked ace would be up for anything like that (Lao, Cambodia etc).

Cheers

hey sned,

cool. what are you riding ?

Hi,

Cheers

hey sned,

He got a K8 Gixxer and an R1 with a bad cough.

Hi,

Cheers

hey sned,

K8 Gixxer Thou and a 2001 R1(just got it up and running after a misfortunate Gasohol attack me thinks)

A no can do from Mr CBR Slowcoach I'm afraid.

I'll be winding things down for my return to Merry England and getting the CBR prepped for storage until end of rainy seasons vibe.

It was an experience riding with the SSR groovers last time, very noisy energy and vibe and all that but a big 'no way' this time from me.

Safe trip and don't get hurt out there.

Hahaha guess it was trenty when me and him got yellow card in a bar in Chiang Mai, and trenty got a bit loud and leary when he arrived at the hotel. The entire hotel heard us before we entered the hotel itself, what can I say revvy entrance... and then he wanted to share his joyous moment with everyone, which was not welcomed by all... Hows that...

Fear not he is off the tequila now (yeah right) so he is on his best behavior all the time just as everyone who knows him well understands.

Long weekend sounds like a plan, start evening 7th bang down to Trat sleepover and go for Cambo from the morning. S'Ville is a place for everyone so no problem with bulging eyes from pressure down below there. On the road back we could try to hit some more interesting roads in Chantaburi and Rayong, I can do a pre-survey before we go, or leave Cambo the 9th do a backroad adventure I had in mind for a while to end up in either North to Sae Kaeow or swing through Khao Chamao roads and end up in Pattaya.

Or go the 8th full day down including some curvier roads in Rayong and Chantaburi, hit S'Ville and back the fast lane...

Or whatever dudes I'm easy. If we bang down to S'Ville with enough fun for all the 8th we could blast to Phom Phen the 9th, then back out and home the 10th via Koh Kong which seems to have the best road for the purpose.

Cheers Bard

It was an experience riding with the SSR groovers last time, very noisy energy and vibe and all that but a big 'no way' this time from me.

very noisy energy and vibe ==== Trenty :o

I hope he didnt mean all of us or i could take offense very easily..

Edited by coolfusion

I'm with you Tony I'll do it all, but for the poor souls who must toil on Cambo is a good start and they can join and leave us when we hit for Laos.

Anyways trip is good for anyone either working or not in the beginning, and probably I will end up touring on with the remainders until I'm forced back to work again.

So who is in for the start;

Tony - Sure

Trent - Sure Tony's wingman

Bard - Backup photo dude for CF, and who else will sacrifice his back in barbered wires for bikes?

sned - Great of you to join

travelmate? - We need a camera man!!!

Zzinged? - it's a weekend you have to join or live with the failure

AnthonyR1? - the dude who got famous, needed to get VIP treatment

Ithailan? - Only one with proper rain gear

Gerhard? - Secondary camera man

Who Else?

Hey sned, if you're on you can join me buzzing around Patts and Rayong for nice routes, I'm home the 27th give me a day to get over the travel and I'm ready to ride.