Yet Another Subforum Idea

cdnvic

We need a forum where there is none of this endless chatter about bar girls, bar fines, prostitutes, etc, etc... :o

It seems lately that half of the threads end up this way. I try not to be a prude, and adopt an attitude of whatever two adults wanna do with themselves is their business but some days the forum is absolutly obsessed with it, and I take my share of the blame for participating.

The casual reader might with some justification after reading, assume that all women in Thailand either are, were or will someday be prostitutes. You'd also think that all forgieners did here was chase bargirls and pound changs.

The amount of coverage these topics get is probably discouraging some from joining, others from reading, and I can't blame them if there's not alot of women here.

Maybe its time to start clipping the bargirl threads as they show up. Sooner or later hopefully nobody will bother. Lately its been looking like a high school locker room than anything else. Lets aim for a little more intelligent talk?

cv

Why not create a new Forum called "Naughty Nightlife" and ask the mods to move any thread that deteriorates into the bar girls, bar fines, prostitutes, etc discussion over there? :o

It sure would clean up the place. :D

I agree with Jai Dee. It is obvious that BG discussion is what many of the forum members want to spend their time discussing.

Like it or not, a large number of visitors to Thailand are sex tourists. Like it or not, a number of the board members are married to ex-BGs. Like it or not, many of the remaining members cannot fathum why anybody would do that.

So why not have a forum where all things BG can be discussed, and avoided by those that do not want to participate. As long as all the rules of the board are obeyed, I cant see why BG topics shouldn't be discussed.

I agree that a new forum should be set up.

I remember in the new clippings a topic about a clampdown on prostitution that had about 12,000 hits and God knows how many pages of replies. At the same time, a topic about the westernisation of Loi Krathong only received about half a dozen replies.

Clearly it shows that a lot of members are more interested in prozzies than the cultural aspects of Thailand.

At least give it a go anyway. :D

Although as an after-thought, wouldn't it bring the real sickos and sleazo's from other boards. I imagine it wouldn't be long before they start causing probs in the other topics. :o

Edited by Gazza

We need a forum where there is none of this endless chatter about bar girls, bar fines, prostitutes, etc, etc... :o

It seems lately that half of the threads end up this way. I try not to be a prude, and adopt an attitude of whatever two adults wanna do with themselves is their business but some days the forum is absolutly obsessed with it, and I take my share of the blame for participating.

The casual reader might with some justification after reading, assume that all women in Thailand either are, were or will someday be prostitutes. You'd also think that all forgieners did here was chase bargirls and pound changs.

The amount of coverage these topics get is probably discouraging some from joining, others from reading, and I can't blame them if there's not alot of women here.

Maybe its time to start clipping the bargirl threads as they show up. Sooner or later hopefully nobody will bother. Lately its been looking like a high school locker room than anything else. Lets aim for a little more intelligent talk?

cv

a : i do not believe in hot icecream!

b : jaydee's idea is the better one!

:D

mr.soapy and his sidekick mr. oily over at bangkok tonight would be pleased to entertain all those requesting a bargirl related thread.

a few minutes on the health forum over there reading postings from those afflicted with all kinds of horrifying complaints varying from "permanently smelly penis" :D to "untreatable discharge of over six months duration....i need help." :o should serve as a warning to all.

I will again raise the issue in the mods forum & see what G & DrPP have to say, but as already stated TV isnt really the kind of place for that & there are (numerous) other sites that deal with kind of thing.

Personally I would prefer there to be a separate room for all things BG or even better to stop the topics as & when they come up, but even I understand that it is a part of life for many in LOS but we (the mod team) like to keep a tight reign on those kinds of posts as they can quickly become derogatory & turn in to flame wars.

Thanks for thinking of us ladies though cdnvic :D

I'll let you know the outcome :o

My bet is that whilst the Forum suggested is a good common sense idea, you won't see it here.

This website would get shutdown/blocked in a New York minute.

Indeed moog and this is the biggest problem. Thai censorship on the net might close it down due to sexual content.

A forum where you can talk about anything but that you cannot reach from thailand is certainly no improvement. We would lose 80% of our userbase when that would happen. We will discuss it again but i think it would have a small chance.

darknight , if that is the case then how come a forum and website such as "bangkok tonite" , (which is accessible via a thai visa link .... that's how i accidentaly found it :o ), which seems to thrive on incredibly explicit discussions about thailands nightlife , remains up and running and i assume unmolested by the authorities.

Personally I would prefer there to be a separate room for all things BG or even better to stop the topics as & when they come up, but even I understand that it is a part of life for many in LOS but we (the mod team) like to keep a tight reign on those kinds of posts as they can quickly become derogatory & turn in to flame wars.

An alternernative forum would also be easier to moderate/administrate too, wouldn't it? :D

And by watching the stats on the new forum, it would also help you decide whether to keep it and any threads on it active or not. :o

How about a trial run? :D

darknight , if that is the case then how come a forum and website such as "bangkok tonite" , (which is accessible via a thai visa link .... that's how i accidentaly found it :o ),  which seems to thrive on incredibly explicit discussions about thailands nightlife , remains up and running and i assume unmolested by the authorities.

Bkk is a members only forum since a while for that exact reason. No guest can enter and there's no register link :D , so it's by invitation only i presume.

Same problem , they were open before for all.

Well there's something blowing in the wind :D

and if you're good there may be something waiting when you get back.  :D

cv

Hey... you suggested it in the first place cv :o

But now you're a mod (congrats!) I guess you know more huh? :D

I'll be good... very good! :D

seems to be up and running already .     go to links , naughty nightlife and barladies.com , looks like a brand new forum , started a couple of days ago.

yep, i just joined, this i can see is going to be a lot of fun :D

ps is this part of tv :o

Edited by kreon

seems to be up and running already .    go to links , naughty nightlife and barladies.com , looks like a brand new forum , started a couple of days ago.

D*mn....

"GateFilter has determined that the requested URL (http://www.barladies.com/) is at least 70 % likely to contain prohibited content.

The page has been blocked because its content is of a sexual nature."

bah.... humbug... :o

• 2 weeks later...
seems to be up and running already .     go to links , naughty nightlife and barladies.com , looks like a brand new forum , started a couple of days ago.

D*mn....

"GateFilter has determined that the requested URL (http://www.barladies.com/) is at least 70 % likely to contain prohibited content.

The page has been blocked because its content is of a sexual nature."

bah.... humbug... :o

What's gatefilter Jai dee? a local firewall ?

What's gatefilter Jai dee?  a local firewall ?

Err.... yes.

I usually acces TV from work. :o

I think that Gatefilter scans the incoming page for certain words... and if it finds too many "naughty" words it blocks the site.

I also like to read some of the readers submissions on stickmans website, but approx 50% of them are also blocked by this software.

What's gatefilter Jai dee?   a local firewall ?

Err.... yes.

I usually acces TV from work. :o

I think that Gatefilter scans the incoming page for certain words... and if it finds too many "naughty" words it blocks the site.

I also like to read some of the readers submissions on stickmans website, but approx 50% of them are also blocked by this software.

###### , you have to fix that jai dee :D

You mean you have your own automatic Moderator in your company preventing you from talking bar girl threads :D

You mean you have your own automatic Moderator in your company preventing you from talking bar girl threads  :D

Bummer hey? :o

And was that reference of taxexile's the one you guys were talking about?

Is it a part of TV?

You mean you have your own automatic Moderator in your company preventing you from talking bar girl threads  :D

Bummer hey? :D

And was that reference of taxexile's the one you guys were talking about?

Is it a part of TV?

:o

First question : ?

second question: ?

All will be revealed soon Jai dee :D