Transfer Job, Visa Problem.

Hi everybody, these two days I've read most articles about work permit and Non B visa things.

But still I have some questions to ask and hope people who understand my situation can give me some suggestions.

I work as a Chinese teacher at the same school in Chaiyaphum already three years

This June I plan to transfer to Phisanulok (a government's school already offered me the job)

Here comes my questions, my work permit and Non B visa both will be ended on Jun 4.

If I want to apply for another one year Non B visa, I should apply in ThaLi (Chaiyaphum's immigration district in Loei) or in Nan (Phisanulok's immigration district). Also can I apply before I cancel my work permit?

I hope I don't have to go back to my country to apply…hope everything can be done here.

Anyone who can answer my questions I would be very appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Janet

if yu want a NON B then you have to apply for it outside of thailand.. if you want an extension of stay because you are working then the school will apply for that for you..

If you have a NON B and a work permit expiring on the same day then it sounds like you have a extension of stay...if that is the case then you are meant to leave the country withing 7 days of that finishing..\

So i am assuming you want a extension of stay then you need to cancel old one and apply for new one with your new school

If your current employer will work together with your new employer to get you a new work premit it should not be a problem. The important thing is that you are never without a work permit.

The problem for you is the timing of your extension is to close to starting a new job. Once you move you will have to get your extension in Nan.

Would your current employer be willing to give you the documents needed for another extension? If yes I would apply for the extension early lets say about the 4th of May. That way you could get the new work permit and then go to Nan immigration with documents from your new employer and a termination of employment letter from your old employer dated the same day as you go to immigration in Nan and chnage your extension.

I bleieve you are on an extension of stay. Your permission to stay ends the same day you lose your job. You then have to gom to immigraiton and can get a 7 day extension of stay for 1,900 baht. In these 7 days you will have to get a new WP with the new employer and a new extension of stay from immigration.

Best is to have your new employer start working on the papers for the new work permit. Once you have the WP (or paper that you will get one), you can get the extension from immigration. Given the fact that it is a teaching job at a government school it shouldn't be a problem to arrange it all in time.

I bleieve you are on an extension of stay. Your permission to stay ends the same day you lose your job. You then have to gom to immigraiton and can get a 7 day extension of stay for 1,900 baht. In these 7 days you will have to get a new WP with the new employer and a new extension of stay from immigration.

Best is to have your new employer start working on the papers for the new work permit. Once you have the WP (or paper that you will get one), you can get the extension from immigration. Given the fact that it is a teaching job at a government school it shouldn't be a problem to arrange it all in time.

my understanding is that the current laws state that you have to leave the country when your work permit is canceled. your visa which is connected to the work permit is canceled as well. getting a new non-imm b means starting over, and to do that you have to leave the country. this is what i have been told, anyway. i hope this is not the case as i am facing the same situation. i am starting a new job may 1st and my current employer plans to cancel my work permit on the 30th of april. my new employer, ecc says that there is no way to transfer my visa and that i must leave the country. please tell me that i am wrong and if you could give me evidence to support your position i would be very grateful.

thanks

First of all, thanks for everyone's useful replys,

Now, things seem a little bit clear to me.

But still one question about the termination of employment letter,

What kind of specific content should the letter contain? (just the date thing?)

I kind of don't trust school understand exact content, therefore, I hope I can figure it out.

Another thing is about the work permit, I read some articles about no need to hand WP back.

Dose it mean that I don't have to go to the labor office in Chaiphum (old school)?

But it is weird, keeping the WP by myself, even there's no Invalid stamp on old WP?

Someone suggests me to leave the country to do the visa run...It will be easier.

But I still hope that everything can be done here.

I know there will be lots of paperwork and maybe also need a little of luck.

After reading everyone's replys, I think that is not that difficult.

The most difficult thing I guess is to communicate with Thai people and the low working efficience.

Anyway, I will try.

Thanks

Letter just needs to say you are no longer working for them and the date it is effective,

You do not have to return the work permit any more so no trip back to Chaiphum. It's sort of like keeping an old passport.

my understanding is that the current laws state that you have to leave the country when your work permit is canceled. your visa which is connected to the work permit is canceled as well. getting a new non-imm b means starting over, and to do that you have to leave the country. this is what i have been told, anyway. i hope this is not the case as i am facing the same situation. i am starting a new job may 1st and my current employer plans to cancel my work permit on the 30th of april. my new employer, ecc says that there is no way to transfer my visa and that i must leave the country. please tell me that i am wrong and if you could give me evidence to support your position i would be very grateful.

thanks

You only have to leave the country when you are on an extension of stay from immigration. You would have to leave the same day, but can get a 7 day extension for 1,900 baht.

Your new employer can start the paperwork for a new work permit for the new job already. When the old job is canceled you can then apply for extension from immigration and for the new WP. You will have a week to get the new WP and with it you can get a new 1 year extension of stay.

thanks

You only have to leave the country when you are on an extension of stay from immigration. You would have to leave the same day, but can get a 7 day extension for 1,900 baht.

Your new employer can start the paperwork for a new work permit for the new job already. When the old job is canceled you can then apply for extension from immigration and for the new WP. You will have a week to get the new WP and with it you can get a new 1 year extension of stay.

well i am on a non-immigrant o, multiple entry, that has been extended based on employment--does this change anything ie bc it is an O instead of a B? it doesnt expire until sept 30, the same day that my work permit would expire if i werent leaving before the contract is finished. what would happen if i just left

the country after my work permit is canceled? would the non o then be canceled and i would have nothing?

i have been told that what i need to do is get a letter from the old job saying that wp has been canceled; also, i should have all documents from the new job ready and then i can recieve 30 days to sort it all out. the when i get the wp then get the visa extension. this is what i was told(or what i interpreted!) from an officer at immigration today.

thanks for you comments by the way. i am quite stressed over this and i dont want to leave the country if i dont have to.

thank you

Is your multiple entry visa still valid?

I you leave the country without a re-entry permit an extension of stay ends then. A visa does not end until it's enter before date and can be used up until the day before that date to get another 90 days.

If you have a WP3 (work permti application receipt) I think what immigration is saying is that they would give you a 30 day stamp that says that your application is under consideration. They have been known to do that when you are short some documents.

• 3 weeks later...
If your current employer will work together with your new employer to get you a new work premit it should not be a problem. The important thing is that you are never without a work permit.

The problem for you is the timing of your extension is to close to starting a new job. Once you move you will have to get your extension in Nan.

Would your current employer be willing to give you the documents needed for another extension? If yes I would apply for the extension early lets say about the 4th of May. That way you could get the new work permit and then go to Nan immigration with documents from your new employer and a termination of employment letter from your old employer dated the same day as you go to immigration in Nan and chnage your extension.

Now, my situation is, my current employer would help me keep my WP and transfer to Phistnulok.

And I ask my new employer to let me sing the contract as early as possible.

But the Thai lady said that no need to sing the contract, just some letters (like invitation) issued from school is enough to apply Non B.

But my current employer told me the contract is the most important thing to extend Visa or apply for WP.

I am so confused. Therefore, could anyone tell me, if I change the place to teach, I got to sing the contract first? Or get the formal letters from new employer is enough?

Thanks a lot.

For the work permit if working for a private school a signed contract is required for a goverment school it is not needed. If you are working for a private school now that would explain the difference in opinion.

For the extension (it is not a visa) you will need the work permit. You would need to check with the immigration office where you apply for the extension to find out what they require.

For the work permit if working for a private school a signed contract is required for a goverment school it is not needed. If you are working for a private school now that would explain the difference in opinion.

For the extension (it is not a visa) you will need the work permit. You would need to check with the immigration office where you apply for the extension to find out what they require.

Thanks for the quick reply, actually, now I work for a goverment school (Chaiyaphum), later on I will change to another goverment school (Phitsanulok).

Today, I went to the labor office in chaiyaphum to ask about whether I should return the WP or not, the officer said that better to return than keep it. He said just return it before it's expired (Jun 4).

I'd like to ask, is it possible that I take the old WP(chaiyaphum) to extend for the 7 days. I haven't got the new WP from the new school. (I don't even know they are applying now or not.)

Also, is it possible the officer just renew my Non B, instead of just extension for the 7 days.

I've worked at the same goverment school (chaiyaphum) for 3 years, every year I just renew the Non B without leaving Thailand, no need to extend for 7 days.

I just don't know why when it comes to changing the place to teach, there will be so many complictaed procedures...And last year, one of my friends did not renew or extend successfully, so he has to leave Thailand that time. I hope, it won't happen on me this time.

Before you go to immigration you will need some documentation from your new school. At least the WP3 for the work permit application and the letters mentioned. If you have enough they might even give you a 30 day under consideration stamp to give you time to sort your paperwork out, If not the 7 day extension will be your only choice.

You have to understand that your current extension was based upon you working for your current employer. Now you are changing employers. That is why it is a lot different than getting a normal extension and it takes a lot of paperwork shuffling to get it done.