Hotel recommendations near airport?

renavez

Hello -

I will be arriving in Thailand in early October to start a year in SE Asia, mostly in Thailand.  Does anyone have a recommedation for a CHEAP (800-1200 Bhat or less?) Hotel near the airport?  I may have to lay over a day while I try to locate my family who will be somewhere in the country when I arrive.  When I was last there in 1988 the cost for a taxi at night from the airport to Kao San Road area was US $ 80.  Is this still true or is there a cheaper way to go now?

Thanks!

Jump on the no.3 bus going to Ekki-100Bt,get off on Suk.rd and find lots of CHEAP HOTELS from Bt.250 a night.

An expensive one (by my standards) will rip you off at around 500-900Bt. for the night but that includes breakies.You are going to be there for as u said a year....poo cha-cha..and .chok dee na krup :cool:  :o

I hope my memory is faulty, but I'm sure I was sorely ripped!

Thanks for Suk Road info, I'll check it out.

We'll be basing in Thailand, probably Chang Mai or Rai and traveling in and out to Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos etc. so we just have multiple entry visa with 2 month stays max.

Thanks!

Renavez

Comfort Suites Bangkok Airport, they pick you up from airport & drive you back if catching conecting flights. However about 1,500 baht but no taxi required, clean, air con, hot shower & cable tv. Suits me for connection to Udon