Baht Bus (song Thaew) Route In Pattaya

universe2000

Is it possible to know where the Baht Bus (Song Thaew) is going without asking the driver? I noticed there are some numbers such as 300, 400 and 500 on the side of the trucks, but I don't think this determines where it goes.

As an example:

A Baht Bus goes from Beach Road in Pattaya to Jomtien Beach (via Thappraya road). How is this different than the Baht Bus that goes from Beach Road to South Pattaya Road to Sukhumvit?

Is it possible to know where the Baht Bus (Song Thaew) is going without asking the driver? I noticed there are some numbers such as 300, 400 and 500 on the side of the trucks, but I don't think this determines where it goes.

As an example:

A Baht Bus goes from Beach Road in Pattaya to Jomtien Beach (via Thappraya road). How is this different than the Baht Bus that goes from Beach Road to South Pattaya Road to Sukhumvit?

Check out the link below: This is an often-asked-question in Pattaya.

Baht Bus Routes etc

Driver ultimately decides - been on a correct route and the lad decides to turn rather than go straight. :D Quick buzz and off I go then pick another thats going the direction I need.

...without paying the driver, I hope. :o

Driver ultimately decides - been on a correct route and the lad decides to turn rather than go straight. :D Quick buzz and off I go then pick another thats going the direction I need.

...without paying the driver, I hope. :o

That depends on some situational factors. How far have you gone. Is this bus empty. Does the driver appear to be a psychopath. Be very careful about not paying these drivers!

As an example:

Baht Bus Routes etc

Thanks for the link.

So basically there is no real method of knowing where the baht bus goes without asking the driver. There are a few routes that I use where I don't have to ask the driver. Going from Thappraya Road to Second Road (up to Pattaya Klang - Central Road) is an easy one. Once I get on the baht bus from Thappraya, it only seems to go down second road.

There are a few routes I am curious about:

1) Corner of Thappraya/Tepprasit Road to Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit/Thepprasit.

I see a baht bus once in a while but it doesn't seem to be a standard route. I assume it would be a 10 baht ride.

2) Corner of Thappraya/Tepprasit Road to Big C on Sukhumvit/Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya road).

I probably have to take two baht buses to do this. I am not sure how frequent the baht bus is on Sukhumvit. I assume this would be a 20 baht ride (10 + 10).

2) Corner of Thappraya/Tepprasit Road to Sukhumvit/Pattaya Klang (Central Pattaya road).

I assume this would be a 20 baht ride (10 + 10) using the same method in #2.

3) Corner of Thappraya/Tepprasit Road to Harbour Pier.

I see baht buses from the Harbour Pier to Jomtien but not sure how to pick one up going the other way. I assume I have to stop the baht bus and ask in this situation. (10 baht fare?)

As an example:

Baht Bus Routes etc

Thanks for the link.

So basically there is no real method of knowing where the baht bus goes without asking the driver. There are a few routes that I use where I don't have to ask the driver. Going from Thappraya Road to Second Road (up to Pattaya Klang - Central Road) is an easy one. Once I get on the baht bus from Thappraya, it only seems to go down second road.

I see a baht bus once in a while but it doesn't seem to be a standard route. I assume it would be a 10 baht ride.

Infrequent buses. 10 baht for farangs, not sure how much for Thais.

2) Corner of Thappraya/Tepprasit Road to Big C on Sukhumvit/Pattaya Tai (South Pattaya road).

I probably have to take two baht buses to do this. I am not sure how frequent the baht bus is on Sukhumvit. I assume this would be a 20 baht ride (10 + 10).

Yes, 10 + 10 for a farang. The second bus would be a white bus. There are plenty on Suk.

2) Corner of Thappraya/Tepprasit Road to Sukhumvit/Pattaya Klang (Central Pattaya road).

Yes.

I see baht buses from the Harbour Pier to Jomtien but not sure how to pick one up going the other way. I assume I have to stop the baht bus and ask in this situation. (10 baht fare?)

If you talk to the driver, probably at least 100 baht, but not sure about this one.

Edited by Jingthing

Also; take advantage of 'fingering' the baht bus driver.

By this, I mean using your index finger to point in a specified direction.

EXAMPLE: I am standing outside tukcom with a plastic bag full of electronic goodies, and a baht bus appears to slow down.

I stick my index finger east, as if indicating second road towards Pattaya North. The baht bus stops. Alternatively I could indicate with my finger west towards Jomtien.

Hope this helps.

Edited by syd barrett

As an example:

Baht Bus Routes etc

Thanks for the link.

Infrequent buses. 10 baht for farangs, not sure how much for Thais.

Yes, 10 + 10 for a farang. The second bus would be a white bus. There are plenty on Suk.

Yes.

If you talk to the driver, probably at least 100 baht, but not sure about this one.

The last route mentioned was from the corner of Thappraya/Tepprasit Road to the Bali Hai pier (to get the ferry to Koh Larn). I have seen baht buses on the pier that would take people to Jomtien. But not sure if there are baht buses that go the other direction. I would think it would be a popular route in the morning since the ferry is always full at 10am. I could take multiple baht busses if there is a standard route to the pier. 100 baht seems a little costly just to get to the pier.

Maybe I can take one from Thappraya to Third Road. And see if there is another one traveling on Arthachinda Road which goes directly to the pier.

Has anyone managed to charter a baht bus from Pattaya Nua (North) Bus Station (Rueng Rung) for less than 200 Baht. Believe me I have tried, but it is impossible isn't it? The mafia really control this terminal well.

Yes they certainly do, but why charter? Why not just wait a bit & go with the other people for 20bht? (bit more if not central).

Has anyone managed to charter a baht bus from Pattaya Nua (North) Bus Station (Rueng Rung) for less than 200 Baht. Believe me I have tried, but it is impossible isn't it? The mafia really control this terminal well.

Just cross the road and wait for a songthaew that's made a drop off to u-turn.

150 baht to Pratumnak.

Just cross the road and wait for a songthaew that's made a drop off to u-turn.

150 baht to Pratumnak.

Thanks for the tip. Sometimes a little difficult with 2 large suitcases. Thanks!