Hang

booma

A Thai friend of mine sent me some photo's of a new years eve's party called Hang.

The piccy's seemed to be of a beauty comp with girls (maybe lady boys) displaying their assets and the fellas fondling them. The girls were also getting covered in stickers, some were getting stuck in the nether regions.

So what does 'hang' mean and what was this party all about, anyone?

B

A Thai friend of mine sent me some photo's of a new years eve's party called Hang.

The piccy's seemed to be of a beauty comp with girls (maybe lady boys) displaying their assets and the fellas fondling them. The girls were also getting covered in stickers, some were getting stuck in the nether regions.

So what does 'hang' mean and what was this party all about, anyone?

B

Couldnt find much in my reference books, but really it could be anything, name of the place, name of person, just an offhand comment.....did he write in english or Thai....the Thai spelling would be helpful.

'Hang' means when a computer crashes. As when I teach at school the students warn me that a cheap memory stick put into the computer could 'hang' causing the computer to crash with all existing files.

Or it could be 'Hang' the small black and green bottled drink. Which is drunk the next day to prevent hangovers (apparently).

This term probably has more meaning for your pictures.

Edited by eden

No, Thetyim. The bottled drink is called "Hang" -- in both English and Thai.

And when your computer "hang" (as they say in Thailand), it is not the same as the word แห้ง , meaning dry. Different tone. The computer "hang" is an approximation of the English word.