Stuck In Pattaya

bonviveur

To all the expats or frequent visitor of Pattaya I envy you with joy, you lucky bastards.

I went to Pattaya the day the Tsunami hit I was planning to stay for two nights before going to Phuket where I usually go when in Thailand or in Asia to rest when the worst tragedy during my life time took place so I deceide to stay. The place grew on me so much that I am now looking for a business to buy there with Phuket as my second choice, last time I was there I thought that there was nothing else to see beside what is on first and second road. This time since I had time I wanted to see more of the place and it was a good decision because I like what I saw beside it is very cheap compare to Phuket. I never saw Jiomtien before but this time I went for an afternoon and was back at least three or four times, even thought it was high season the place was quite which is more my speed.

I can imagine how nice it most be if you drive an hour past Pattaya I also like the fact that it is less than 3 hours away from bangkok not mention the baht bus. I thought the receptionist at the hotel was playing a trick on me when she told me the price for the bus, I thought for sure the driver was going to run after me after I drop the 10 baht coin in his hand. I realise even thought I am not too big on drinking I really like the beer bars better than the go-go bar, the girls are plentiful, beautiful and sweet.

To everyone who make Pattaya their home I envy you, whish I was there now, it's -5 degree Centigrade right now in New York. I would welcome any suggestion for my next trip to Pattaya maybe there were things I did not even get to do or see, ohhh I will be back.

Bonviveur

glad u enjoyed yourself in pattaya :D

i'd recomend the blues factory for your next visit :o

i went after hearing several recomendations from friends...i didn't think the music would appeal to me as i'm in my early 20's but how wrong was i?

the music was fantastic, the atmosphere was excellent and lam's the man :tup:

went quite a few times in the end and never heard the same set twice :D

one of,if not the #1 venue in pattaya

I thought for sure the driver was going to run after me after I drop the 10 baht coin in his hand.

The fare is only 5 baht. Since you'd already paid double the fare, as farangs often do, no need to run after you for additional cheating.

I realise even thought I am not too big on drinking I really like the beer bars better than the go-go bar, the girls are plentiful, beautiful and sweet.

As for sweet, remember that it's their job.

i'd recomend the blues factory for your next visit :D

i went after hearing several recomendations from friends...i didn't think the music would appeal to me as i'm in my early 20's but how wrong was i?

BkkBound04's just earned himself a free beer. :o:D

As a resident for about 3 years now, Pattaya does have some nice things about it...

the air is much cleaner than BKK...

lotsa good golf courses nearby...

the shopping is plentiful and cheap...

and if you like beer bars and their inhabitants, they are also plentiful and cheap :D

Maybe someone should post a poll on what they like best about Pattaya? :o

i'd recomend the blues factory for your next visit :D

BkkBound04's just earned himself a free beer. :o:D

Dave - how many punters have come up to you in the last few days and said 'I'm BkkBound04 - where's my free beer?' :D

I thought for sure the driver was going to run after me after I drop the 10 baht coin in his hand.

The fare is only 5 baht. Since you'd already paid double the fare, as farangs often do, no need to run after you for additional cheating.

Good to hear that the "ha bt "Bus drivers are now ensuring that they do not rip off overseas visitors any more :D

For many years its been a standing Joke :D:D to charge locals the correct fare ...hence 5 bt and "do" the toor-risks for a 10 spot or even more... :D:D but it sounds as though they are/maybe seeing the light.

Its also of course down to visitors to respond accordingly and recipricate on these meritous occasions.

I have never failed to reward in the expected manner in return for polite and responsive service with a "tip" :D ................like the 2-30 at Kempton Park :o

I have just returned to the Uk after my trip to Pattaya, had a great time, the balance of tourists had seemed to change, more and more familys. After a lot of concernsregarding bars closing at 1am I still found myself some evening sitting listening to entertainment until 2am

I visited the blues factory on severeal occasions to see the line up had changed, same lead man but with a different line up band from the band before. The atmosphere was great, toilet clean and fresh, very polite toilet attendant. One evening the place was very very busy and the bar attendant took me to a place at the front by the stage where there was a sign saying reserved (i dont think it was meant for me) so if i was in anyones chair that eveing sorry, had a great time music great, i even believe the new line up is better than the old.

My father lives in Thailand and I always feel sick when leaving him there with me having to return to the UK. Pattaya has a lot to offer people, I wonder if the new inbound tourists diverteted from Phucket will notice or even return after this years holiday season.

does one get the same free drink for re-quoting??? :D

does one get the same free drink for re-quoting??? :D

probably have to share it :D