Mach 3 Blades In Thailand?

atelko

I really hope that you can get the Mach III blades in Thailand...Some may think that it is just a marketing trick but I swear that they work much better than anything I used for shaving before...

anyhow, the last time I was in bangkok, there wasn´t any mach 3 or its blades to buy, but that has been exactly 2 years already....wow, time goes by too fast :o

has anyone spotted the blades somewhere? and if so, for what horrendous prices do they want to sell them? :D

I really hope that you can get the Mach III blades in Thailand...Some may think that it is just a marketing trick but I swear that they work much better than anything I used for shaving before...

anyhow, the last time I was in bangkok, there wasn´t any mach 3 or its blades to buy, but that has been exactly 2 years already....wow, time goes by too fast :o

has anyone spotted the blades somewhere? and if so, for what horrendous prices do they want to sell them? :D

I buy them at the big C or Carrefour price around 340 bath for 4

If you are from the US maybe this will help.

I found a place Blades that I ordered a year's supply of Turbo blades. Had them posted to a friends house and he carried in his bags over here for me. Best price I have found.

As for here the Mach 3 blades are expensive but available in most stores.

Even the 7/11 has them in my village.

atelko , do you work for Gillette and are you doing a survey of Mach 3's availability.?.. :D

hehe....not really :o

want to stay in thailand a bit longer than my previous travels.

i thought that i definitely need new blades when I am over there and I don´t want to miss the Mach 3 blades to use....

thanks for the informations.

so thb 340,- for 4 blades, huh?

is that the regular price or can you get those cheaper? or is that already a bargain for those blades in thailand? ( and again: believe me LeungKen, i do NOT work for gillette. lol )

they do use cheaper metal for the blades in the asian countries. that is why they don´t really last long and you can feel the difference after shaving 2-3 times.

if you look at the blades, they are darker or lighter than the ones you can find in europe or the u.s..

thanks for the quick replies.....

atelko , do you work for Gillette and are you doing a survey of Mach 3's availability.?.. :D

hehe....not really :o

i thought that i definitely need new blades when I am over there and I don´t want to miss the Mach 3 blades to use....

is that the regular price or can you get those cheaper? or is that already a bargain for those blades in thailand? ( and again: believe me LeungKen, i do NOT work for gillette. lol )

they do use cheaper metal for the blades in the asian countries. that is why they don´t really last long and you can feel the difference after shaving 2-3 times.

if you look at the blades, they are darker or lighter than the ones you can find in europe or the u.s..

funny, i have a very thick, rough beard and i get 2-3 weeks out of a blade, i shave daily.

Also, its not like they are large items, if you are convinced tat "asian" blades are inferior why not bring enough to last?

Edited by t.s

hehe....not really :D

funny, i have a very thick, rough beard and i get 2-3 weeks out of a blade, i shave daily.

Also, its not like they are large items, if you are convinced tat "asian" blades are inferior why not bring enough to last?

i don´t really care if they are better or not...just wanted to give the information, because arnoldjr said that his blades from TH aren´t as good as the ones he used oversea....

:o

If you are from the US maybe this will help.

I found a place Blades that I ordered a year's supply of Turbo blades. Had them posted to a friends house and he carried in his bags over here for me. Best price I have found.

As for here the Mach 3 blades are expensive but available in most stores.

I do the same thing from amazon.com, a fraction of the price

If you are travelling here for a while it is just far cheaper and less hassle to put three packs in your suitcase. Razors are very expensive here and the choice is not good. The reason is that many Thai men do not shave, they pluck! Can you believe how much of a pain in the backside that would be, although I guess they only do it once a month.

I am absolutely conviced that blades for sale in Asia are inferior to those sold in the West.

I used to think it was some kind of precious metal scam, and that the platinum was stolen from the razor-blade factory, but now I think they just assume that Asian men are less hairy and have soft bum-fluff on their faces.

The last Mach 3 blades I bought at Tesco Lotus were VERY poor quality. I do believe they were knock offs.

I have moved down to the much easier to find MUCH cheaper Gillette Vector two bladed razor. I was amazed how much better they are than the counterfeit Mach 3 blades.

I plan to stock up on genuine Mach 3 blades during my next trip to the US.

Just to clarify, do you mean original Mach 3 blades, or Mach 3 Turbo? I've seen Turbos in all the aforementioned common outlets, but original Mach 3s seem much harder to find: I've only seen them in Big C so far. Incidentally, do the Turbo blades fit to an old Mach 3 razor, or are you forced to buy a whole new set if Mach 3 originals get discontinued?

Just to clarify, do you mean original Mach 3 blades, or Mach 3 Turbo? I've seen Turbos in all the aforementioned common outlets, but original Mach 3s seem much harder to find: I've only seen them in Big C so far. Incidentally, do the Turbo blades fit to an old Mach 3 razor, or are you forced to buy a whole new set if Mach 3 originals get discontinued?

I may be wrong here but I think the mach3 is the standard razor, and the Mach3 turbo is the one with the single AAA battery.

If so, I have the mach3 Turbo razor I bought in the UK, and have never found mach3 turbo blades here, I dont know the difference as normal mach3 blades fit the turbo nicely.

The battery powered mach3 (Turbo??) is without a doubt the best wet razor I have ever owned, The blades for standard mach3 I have bought here have always been fine, I get about 2-3 weeks out of one before I feel the need to change. Available in any Boots/Watsons.

regards

Freddie

• 2 months later...
I am absolutely conviced that blades for sale in Asia are inferior to those sold in the West.

I used to think it was some kind of precious metal scam, and that the platinum was stolen from the razor-blade factory, but now I think they just assume that Asian men are less hairy and have soft bum-fluff on their faces.

I've been here 4.5 years and have bought mach 3's every time. I get 1-2 months out of one cartridge, which is pretty impressive. I shave every other day.

Does anyone know why the price has gone from 256 to 311 baht recently? It's getting ridiculous.

Dont know if they sell them in Thailand but the 5 blade gillette fusion razors are the bees knees, they are more expensive then the mach 3's but last 3 times longer.

http://www.gillettefusion.com/

Using two years and I cannot use anything else. Expensive and my supply come from some friend from Europe.

Does anybody know if they are available in Thailand too?

The last Mach 3 blades I bought at Tesco Lotus were VERY poor quality. I do believe they were knock offs.

I have moved down to the much easier to find MUCH cheaper Gillette Vector two bladed razor. I was amazed how much better they are than the counterfeit Mach 3 blades.

I plan to stock up on genuine Mach 3 blades during my next trip to the US.

Italian police confiscated a lot of counterfeit Mach 3 and Fusion a while ago. So could be the same problem in Thailand too...

And we are all paying way too much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...-2-43-each.html

Sharp practice? The razor heads that cost just 5p to make, but sell for £2.43 each

By Sean Poulter

Last updated at 11:25 AM on 08th June 2009

The products sold by Gillette and other companies cost as little as 5p to make, industry insiders have revealed.

But consumers are charged up to £2.43 a piece - a mark-up of more than 4,750 per cent.

Brand names: Gilllette can afford to hire sports stars Roger Federer, Thierry Henry and Tiger Woods

The price of shaving products at leading supermarkets is under investigation by the Office of Fair Trading.

The Government watchdog is involved in a long-running inquiry into alleged collusion between manufacturers and retailers.

It is alleged that salesmen from Procter & Gamble, which bought Gillette for $57billion (£35billion) in 2005, urged retailers not to cut the shop price of its brands.

A check of Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's found the UK's three biggest supermarkets are selling Gillette's Fusion Power cartridges at the same price.

A pack of eight costs £18.53, and the replacement razor heads are so expensive that they are now the most shoplifted product in the High Street.

Special security measures have been introduced, including sealing the packs in boxes with an electronic tag which sets off an alarm if it is not removed before leaving the store, and CCTV that activates if the product is removed from the shelf.

A pack of four Fusion Power cartridges costs only 20p to manufacture, plus 8p for packaging. But they are sold for £9.72 - £9.44.

An industry insider said Gillette takes the lion share - £6.28 - to cover its operating costs and make a profit. Some £1.90 goes to the retailer and £1.26 to the Government in VAT.

Smooth operators: Gillette sell the 5p razors for £2.43, a mark up of 4,750 per cent

The insider said: 'I know as a matter of fact that it will not cost more than 5p to produce a refill cartridge, it is a question of pennies given the bulk involved, yet Gillette is charging a wholesale price which is much higher.

'The figures tell you why it can afford to use stars such as Tiger Woods on its payroll (for advertising) and how it could afford to give David Beckham a diamond-encrusted mach3 razor for Father's Day some years back costing $54,000.

'With the Gillette products, the company is so dominant that it is able to spell out the terms of sale, including the price they want to see, to retailers.'

As well as Beckham and Woods, Gillette has splashed out large amounts of money on tennis star Roger Federer and footballer Thierry Henry to help market its products.

More...Cheap UK train travel: how to get the best from Britain's railways this summer

Getting in a lather! How the magic shaving cream that's said to boost a man's libido gives even stranger side effects...

'Court' in the act! Federer's narrow escape as crazed fan accosts him on the court at French Open

A recent Which? survey praised Gillette's products but gave a 'Best Buy' rating to the King of Shaves Azor. Its four cartridge refill pack comes in at a much cheaper £4.88.

Tesco's Matrix system, which has a triple blade head, has also won plaudits. A four cartridge refill costs only £2.20. A spokesman for Procter & Gamble said the retailers, rather than manufacturers, set the price paid by customers.

She said: 'Delivering value to our consumers is critical to our business. 'P&G determines the (wholesale) prices at which we sell to customers primarily based on covering our costs - the cost of product development, raw materials, processing, packaging, transport, general-expenses and marketing.'

She said that the company also needed to earn 'a sufficient return to sustain our business' and argued that its products provide good value in terms of performance in relation to price.

She said the company was unable to comment on the OFT investigation, but added: 'Our policy is to comply with the letter and spirit of the law everywhere we do business'.

Dont know if they sell them in Thailand but the 5 blade gillette fusion razors are the bees knees, they are more expensive then the mach 3's but last 3 times longer.

http://www.gillettefusion.com/

Using two years and I cannot use anything else. Expensive and my supply come from some friend from Europe.

Does anybody know if they are available in Thailand too?

The fusion razer is the best razer I have ever used and event though the blades are more expensive they last at least 3 time longer than mach 3 , I have searched everywhere in thailand and never seen them.

Bought mine in australia a couple of months back and threw the mach 3 in the bin.

powfusion-2-lg.jpg

The products sold by Gillette and other companies cost as little as 5p to make, industry insiders have revealed.

But consumers are charged up to £2.43 a piece - a mark-up of more than 4,750 per cent.

I'm ready to pay a bigger price to have a better shape shave

BTW I don't think a techno blade like that can costs only 5 p.

Edited by angiud

And we are all paying way too much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...-2-43-each.html

Sharp practice? The razor heads that cost just 5p to make, but sell for £2.43 each

By Sean Poulter

Last updated at 11:25 AM on 08th June 2009

Brand names: Gilllette can afford to hire sports stars Roger Federer, Thierry Henry and Tiger Woods

The price of shaving products at leading supermarkets is under investigation by the Office of Fair Trading.

The Government watchdog is involved in a long-running inquiry into alleged collusion between manufacturers and retailers.

It is alleged that salesmen from Procter & Gamble, which bought Gillette for $57billion (£35billion) in 2005, urged retailers not to cut the shop price of its brands.

A check of Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's found the UK's three biggest supermarkets are selling Gillette's Fusion Power cartridges at the same price.

A pack of eight costs £18.53, and the replacement razor heads are so expensive that they are now the most shoplifted product in the High Street.

Special security measures have been introduced, including sealing the packs in boxes with an electronic tag which sets off an alarm if it is not removed before leaving the store, and CCTV that activates if the product is removed from the shelf.

A pack of four Fusion Power cartridges costs only 20p to manufacture, plus 8p for packaging. But they are sold for £9.72 - £9.44.

An industry insider said Gillette takes the lion share - £6.28 - to cover its operating costs and make a profit. Some £1.90 goes to the retailer and £1.26 to the Government in VAT.

Smooth operators: Gillette sell the 5p razors for £2.43, a mark up of 4,750 per cent

The insider said: 'I know as a matter of fact that it will not cost more than 5p to produce a refill cartridge, it is a question of pennies given the bulk involved, yet Gillette is charging a wholesale price which is much higher.

'The figures tell you why it can afford to use stars such as Tiger Woods on its payroll (for advertising) and how it could afford to give David Beckham a diamond-encrusted mach3 razor for Father's Day some years back costing $54,000.

'With the Gillette products, the company is so dominant that it is able to spell out the terms of sale, including the price they want to see, to retailers.'

As well as Beckham and Woods, Gillette has splashed out large amounts of money on tennis star Roger Federer and footballer Thierry Henry to help market its products.

More...Cheap UK train travel: how to get the best from Britain's railways this summer

Getting in a lather! How the magic shaving cream that's said to boost a man's libido gives even stranger side effects...

'Court' in the act! Federer's narrow escape as crazed fan accosts him on the court at French Open

A recent Which? survey praised Gillette's products but gave a 'Best Buy' rating to the King of Shaves Azor. Its four cartridge refill pack comes in at a much cheaper £4.88.

Tesco's Matrix system, which has a triple blade head, has also won plaudits. A four cartridge refill costs only £2.20. A spokesman for Procter & Gamble said the retailers, rather than manufacturers, set the price paid by customers.

She said: 'Delivering value to our consumers is critical to our business. 'P&G determines the (wholesale) prices at which we sell to customers primarily based on covering our costs - the cost of product development, raw materials, processing, packaging, transport, general-expenses and marketing.'

She said that the company also needed to earn 'a sufficient return to sustain our business' and argued that its products provide good value in terms of performance in relation to price.

She said the company was unable to comment on the OFT investigation, but added: 'Our policy is to comply with the letter and spirit of the law everywhere we do business'.

Very good reply indeed! I have stopped using anything from Gilette. There are many other options.

i need to shave twice a day to stay smooth, in fact when i shave if i go to the toilet straight after and slightly strain, then i push a beard out and need to shave again straight away, its a blight constantly having a blue beard.

I use mach 3, those bic ones do not even complete one shave for me, the mac 3 i can get a few days out of and normally go through 8 in a month, I try and not shave at weekends.