Ground Spices

threedot

Heh, some dude from India recently gave me sample spice-packs of the basic ingredients: green cardamom seeds, clove, cinnamon bark and black pepper. Kind of a 'do it yourself' graram massala. Other things that you might add to the mixture I think can be found in Thailand easily.

Want some? It's not a huge quantity but I'm not going to finish it in this life-time or the next. :o

Would love to learn how to use it in Indian cooking. I already learned the hard way that you don't need to use too much of the cloves and cardamom..... :D

There used to be an indian spice shop in Warorot Market - open downstairs central area (where the fried pork, veg and dried goods are). On the east side of the area at the opposite end of row to Buddhist/temple supplies. Not sure if its still there as haven't shopped there in ages.

Try Makro

I bought Back a lot of Indian spices last November (Including 400 gms of Garam masala powder)from the Uk only to find Makro Had revamped its spice to include every thimng i bought back from the UK the section is quite largee covering two walls there is a vast amount of Indian spices as well as the traditional Thai ones

just out of interest reading off the back of the packaging i still have regaurding the Garam Masala ingredients it saysCorrianda, Cumin, pimento (Dont realy remember seeing that but i was never looking for that spice any way) Nutmeg, Pepper, Cardamon, Clove, Fennel and Bayleave.

I have 400gms so if your search for some reason bears no fruit PM me i can spare at least 100gms

Edited by tigerbalm