Dog Meat

Ned

Up here in Chiang Mai the local men rave about the succulent flavour and empowering properties of a good meal of dog. A local moonshine and dog eatery near me is full every night. Any of you farang sunk your teeth into any lately? What's it like?

Up here in Chiang Mai the local men rave about the succulent flavour and empowering properties of a good meal of dog. A local moonshine and dog eatery near me is full every night. Any of you farang sunk your teeth into any lately? What's it like?

Tried a can of Chappie once............bout the nearest i've been

Tried a can of Chappie once............bout the nearest i've been

:o:D

Bonio biscuits are top notch also. :D

haha, dog meat is my favorite.

You will love it as soon as you smell it.

Of course, those dogs for eating are different from pets. They look maneating. So if you dont eat they, they will eat you. Just kidding.

I really miss dog meat very very much. I havent eaten it fore over 10 yrs 'coz of rabies.

Yummy Yummy Yummy!!!!!!!!....

someone said that dog meat tastes like chicken...

They got cheated. Dog meat and chicken are far different.

Dogs and Chickens are different?? WHAT! I want a second opinion on that :D:D ,

I was told it was a poodle kebab i was eating the other day!

The wife kept asking me why i was jumping at the gate shouting at the binman. :D It did taste like chicken though :o

I ate duck the other night i felt a bit fowl after so i saw a quack :D

Dogs and Chickens are different?? WHAT! I want a second opinion on that :D:D ,

I was told it was a poodle kebab i was eating the other day!

The wife kept asking me why i was jumping at the gate shouting at the binman. :D It did taste like chicken though :o

I ate duck the other night i felt a bit fowl after so i saw a quack :D

What? You ate a poodle???

Next time when you go eat dog meat, you gotta take me, haha, then I can help you to distinguish which one is dog and which one is chicken.

As to duck, if the duck was raised in a cage, it tastes as we usually eat. But if it is wild or raised freely, it tastes more a bit fowl.

I agree anna. The dog meat I had fairly often in the Philippines was very juicy and tender with a different taste. I went to a very large restaurant there that specialized in a wide variety of dog meat dishes. They even bred their own dogs right next to the premises. That way you got to chose the dog you had if you were ordering a large dinner. Very similiar, I thought, to seafood restaurants and their lobster tanks. The EXCLUSIVE breed they used there were German Shepards. If one can get over the mental block of them being pets, one can really enjoy the succulent meat. For me, it wasn't difficult. I've had the meats of snake, turtle, deer, as well many other animals including monkey. The way I look at a deer, for example, is that it is source of delicious steak meat, not as something to be abhorantly destroyed such as by "killing Bambi."

All animals were put on this Earth as something to be potentially consumed by humans as meat.

Having said all of that, I will always continue to observe and respect ALL the various dietary restrictions of my friends and family be they non-beef eating Buddhists or non-pork eating Muslims, "kin jae" Chinese-custom followers, or any other limitations people put on themselves, INCLUDING sympathetic dog lovers who can't fathom consuming dog meat.

Edited by sriracha john

Ned!!!!!!

I'd love to find out where that place is?? Like, seriously.

Sounds like it would be tucked away in a shady corner of Wiang Ping road or similar.. Still, I'd like to know where it is.

Will do a review on it. :o Assuming all of this is for real of course. :S

Cheers,

Chanchao

I've had the meats of snake, turtle, deer, and even monkey.

Cool. Have you ever eaten donkey meat? It tastes pretty good too. I also ate turtle, but deer and monkey. Monkeys look dirty. Deers are ok. My dad ate once and said not good.

If you can get over mental block, I think you can have a try to eat rats. Cantonese and Indians eat rats. errrrrr.

I had some dog soup about 1 month ago in China.  I was surprised at how delicious it was.  My friend said it was called "Dog DOn't Care SOup" because it is so good, the dogs would eat it too.

Would I eat it again?  Yes, delicious.

You can eat dog meat soup in Korean restaurants.

"Dog Dont Care Soup" hahahaha. First time to hear this kinda translation. Creative!!!

I only know "Dog Dont Care Steamed Bread". hahaha But that doesnt mean the inside is dog meat, still pork inside.

Anyway, the soup's name is so CREATIVE!!! :o

I've eaten Kangeroo but i was a bit jumpy afterwards :o

Crocodile meat is nice also, I ordered it because i'd always wanted to say-

" crocodile steak please and make it snappy" :D

I had ostrich in Australia and that was nice also.

You are a sick puppy :D if you eat dog though, sorry.

I've eaten Kangeroo but i was a bit jumpy afterwards :o

Crocodile meat is nice also, I ordered it because i'd always wanted to say-

" crocodile steak please and make it snappy" :D

I had ostrich in Australia and that was nice also.

You are a sick puppy :D  if you eat dog though, sorry.

Agree totally. No need to eat dog. Its just wrong.