Coffee Connection......buriram

TBWG

Hi

Happened to be in Buriram today, so I thought I would keep an eye open for the new Coffee Connection shop. Well, yes it is run by Rocky the Ozzie guy with the big Chopper, or rather his wife.

It is in a prominent position on Thanon Chira (main drag) near universities and just before the turn onto the bus station approach road. It is well kitted out and nicely decorated and has aircon. He is not aiming for the usual farang beer drinking brigade but (and this is my only criticism) young university students who wish to try some farang food and coffee selection. My concern is that the sight of all those students in their tight black skirts and white blouses :o is likely to blow my blood pressure off the scale, consequently restricting my visits. :D Such is life.

Whilst being shown around (pre opening) I was able to try a Caffe Latte from Rockies Sooper Dooper European coffee machine which has all the bells & whistles and makes a superb cup of coffee.

He has a small Farang and Thai menu as well as a full English breakfast all modestly priced. Also he does smoothies and a selection of pancakes.

In addition to all of the above he also has a good selection of books for rental.

Having given such a glowing report I do hope some of these lovely young female students are going to reward me in a suitable manner!!! :D

Anyway give it a whirl you will not be disappointed, well you might be if your diet consists solely of beer! :D

TBWG :D

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone thinking of popping into Rockys Coffee Connection next Monday or Tuesday (25th / 26th) ..............

Dont !!!

He is closing up shop for 2 days to accompany his wife to Bangkok for a medical procedure.

Anyone who has met Rockys very charming better half, will probably know what procedure I am talking about.

Back to normal on wednesday :)

Anyone thinking of popping into Rockys Coffee Connection next Monday or Tuesday (25th / 26th) ..............

Dont !!!

He is closing up shop for 2 days to accompany his wife to Bangkok for a medical procedure.

Anyone who has met Rockys very charming better half, will probably know what procedure I am talking about.

Back to normal on wednesday :)

Thanks Dave.

Both loverly hosts and I wish them well

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to cast my vote for Rocky and the Coffee Connection. We called in there today for coffee and the Latte and cappucino were arroy mak mak - as indeed was the cheese & onion toastie and burger. Nice feeling to the place.

TBWG - since when has Oldham been in Australia ? :)

Just want to cast my vote for Rocky and the Coffee Connection. We called in there today for coffee and the Latte and cappucino were arroy mak mak - as indeed was the cheese & onion toastie and burger. Nice feeling to the place.

TBWG - since when has Oldham been in Australia ? :D

Sorry Chaimai the Oldham ~~Australia quip has gone right over my head. But then I am about as sharp as a sausage :)

Is it perhaps the gay capital of Manchester? and famous for Peach Tea:whistling:

Should be going to Buriram soon,as a mate of mine is opening a bar.Always wanted to look around because maybe one day i will live there.

Anybody got any good recommendations of good schools there,with good teachers

Hi Patklang

Does not look as if any knowledgable peeps are going to reply, so you are stuck with my guesswork!

Buriram is in fact a university town/city with perhaps half a dozen or more. Not sure about schools but it does have a catholic school which has a good rep judging by the pupils that are bused in daily from a 100 km radius.

With such a high percentage of universities I would of thought that this reflected well on the schools and education available locally. Sorry can't be more specific, but I dont live in Buriram and have no offspring of school age!

TBWG :)

Sorry for delay in response - just got up !

Rocky actually hails from Oldham. The broad Aussie accent was acquired after he moved there in the 60's :)

Forget to mention in my review but the university eye-candy is a slight bonus.

Sorry for delay in response - just got up !

Rocky actually hails from Oldham. The broad Aussie accent was acquired after he moved there in the 60's :D

Forget to mention in my review but the university eye-candy is a slight bonus.

So He's a POM! :D

TBWG :)

Breaking News~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My spies tell me the Irish Bar was open recently! :)

Is this true?

.......... And more Breaking News from Buriram. Rockys Coffee Connection is CLOSING :D

..........But only on Sundays :D

Sunday sems to be the "slow" day for them, so they have decided to have it off. (sundays that is :D )

Business as usual Monday to Saturday.

I will give the cute students a wide berth, but will check out the coffee next time I'm in that area. Thanks for the tip. :D:D:D:D:):D

If theyare that cute and over 18 I may give them a wide berth too A queen or King size berth wide enough :D

My spies tell me the Irish Bar was open recently! :D

Is this true?

.......... And more Breaking News from Buriram. Rockys Coffee Connection is CLOSING :D

Sunday sems to be the "slow" day for them, so they have decided to have it off. (sundays that is :D )

Ah! Thats good news I will save him a pew in church on Sunday :)

• 1 year later...

Is this true?

Am passing through Buriram today- will give it a go.

The Irish bar is run by a complete ass so usually give it a miss.

There is a bar run by an English lad and the Bamboo Bar in the town centre

Is this true?

Am passing through Buriram today- will give it a go.

The Irish bar is run by a complete ass so usually give it a miss.

There is a bar run by an English lad and the Bamboo Bar in the town centre

Hi Bangkok Dangermouse

An update opn the Buriram scene

Coffee Connection changed hands recently and is now run by Holgar a german guy, although everything else is unchanged. Been there a few times seems a nice guy.

Paddys Irish pub changed hands about a year ago and is now run by Brian and his mrs nice guy well run popular place and open on a regular basis.

There is also a great Pizza place, Pizza Muang run by a young dutch guy who prepares all the pizzas.

Hope this helps

TBWG :wai:

Coffee Connection changed hands recently and is now run by Holgar a german guy, although everything else is unchanged. Been there a few times seems a nice guy.

Paddys Irish pub changed hands about a year ago and is now run by Brian and his mrs nice guy well run popular place and open on a regular basis.

There is also a great Pizza place, Pizza Muang run by a young dutch guy who prepares all the pizzas.

Hope this helps

Is there anything else within, say, 45 kilometres of Buriram ? :whistling:

Hope this helps

Is there anything else within, say, 45 kilometres of Buriram ? :whistling:

Brainfart! :blink:

A great place for food & drink~~~ Coffee Corner :coffee1: in Prakonchai! By the Bus station