Land Filling In Bangkok

george25

Hi,

can anyone recommend a company/person that helps filling our land with soil in preparation for building a house later?

The land is located in Minburi district, area size is 120 sqw and it needs filling of about 30-50 cm. That adds up to something like 200 cbm (more or less).

Reference prices for Bangkok area are welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

George

We are in Pathum-Thani, our fill cost about 1700 Baht per 10 wheel truck (about 8m3 IIRC) including spreading and compacting.

Reckon you'll be needing about 300m3 (uncompacted) so around 38 truckloads, around 65,000 Baht.

From experience I would suggest you get several quotes to fill and compact to a stated level (rather than a specific number of loads).

I know we were delivered some short loads, these were however offset by the 'black' loads delivered 1/2 price for cash whilst the boss was away :D

EDIT Looking at those numbers I don't recollect that we paid anything like that, I'll have to get on to the Missus to confirm, we were also (sadly) doing the job at the peak of the diesel prices :o

My gf and I filled our land in Pak Chong 200sqw.  took about 50 truck loads of sand at 450 baht per truck and about 2000 baht to level.  Now sure how much sand per truck but it looked like a good size dump truck but then again, it's all relative....

Depending on your house build as well as how much soil, the type of soil used might be important.

For instance, if you're building on a slab foundation, you might not want clay soil that might cause the foundation to crack.

If possible check out the soil before buying and see where it's coming from (ie. soil from a toxic dump site, or salty soil from a seaside site).