Bangkok To London Return

007cableguy

when do you wanna leave?

edit: i'm going to bed :o try emirates to any airport within the UK (NOT London based - Manchester/Birmingham/Newcastle...) then get a cheap flight to London. Emirates are the cheapest at the moment i think.

Edited by Enjibenji

i'm trying to book a flight back to the UK for 3 months ,Has anyone had any

good deals ? The price's have started to come down from the UK to Thailand, but they dont seem

to have dropped booking from Thailand .

thanks

andy

It's the same situation from Sydney or Melbourne to Bangkok. Return fares are currently available with SIA or BA for a little under $AUD800 (inc taxes)

but from Bangkok to Sydney or Melbourne return, the fare is around $AUD1200

I don't think Moxtravel is that cheap.

Cheapest I have found are on bangkoktickets.com

However, I have also been searching and found good prices with Swiss International and Qatar

Airways, if you don't mind a stopover.

Alternatively fly to Hong Kong and go on Virgin Atlantic to LHR, Virgin are quite cheap.

Do you want cheap only? Or are you also looking for convenience,comfort and quality service?

Only ask because a friend of mine just booked a one way,I know you want return but just giving price guide here, with Jet Air via Mumbai for 14000 inclusive of all taxes.

good deals ? The price's have started to come down from the UK to Thailand, but they dont seem

thanks

andy

I got a very cheap deal flying Air Asia from KL direct to Stanstead a few weeks back but you have to book online, all went very smoothly.

thanks

andy

Do you want to pay in Thai Baht or GBP?

Whenever I go back to the UK I usually find I get a better deal if I book on line with a UK travel agent and pay in GBP with a card, and

with the current exchange rate you're even more likely to get a better deal paying in the UK.

Some UK travel agents will allow you to book the outward journey from Bangkok to UK on line but some won't, although you may be

able to book with them over the phone.

I usually use either http://www.airlinewarehouse.com/ or http://www.expedia.co.uk/ but I'm sure other people will come up with

other UK travel agents where you can book the outward journey from Bangkok on line.

If you need to book and pay in Thai Baht have a look at http://www.central-air-booking.com/ . A Swedish friend has used them

before when going back to Sweden and said he always got a good deal, although I've never used them.

thanks

andy

I got a very cheap deal flying Air Asia from KL direct to Stanstead a few weeks back but you have to book online, all went very smoothly.

I looked at this after a friend told me about them three/four weeks ago and the basic price was VERY cheap but you had to pay extra for meals and baggage etc,

which brought the total price to within a pound or two of the price I would pay all in with other airlines.

If just one way, the best out there is Jet Airways with the cheapest fares about 12k all in. 1 hour layover in Bombay. Piss poor airport and the plane from BKK-BOM is <deleted> (4 1/2 hours) but the 777 from BOM-LHR is fine and not heavily loaded. Great food, wine and more than decent entertainment.

BA have some deals at 23k plus taxes. Etihad are sub 20k plus taxes. Both return.

If just one way, the best out there is Jet Airways with the cheapest fares about 12k all in. 1 hour layover in Bombay. Piss poor airport and the plane from BKK-BOM is <deleted> (4 1/2 hours) but the 777 from BOM-LHR is fine and not heavily loaded. Great food, wine and more than decent entertainment.

BA have some deals at 23k plus taxes. Etihad are sub 20k plus taxes. Both return.

Excellent Torrenova, just what I was looking for - thanks for that! I'm after a one way in mid-May, just checked their website and it comes in at 13,300 all in, which is what I was looking at with Air Asia from KL, with flights to KL, luggage, food, travel from Stanstead etc to add on top. Plus I just checked their T&C's and you get a 28kg luggage allowance as standard, dread to think what that would have cost on Air Asia.

What was wrong with the plane from BKK-BOM?

Edited for clarity

Edited by QED

Excellent Torrenova, just what I was looking for - thanks for that! I'm after a one way in mid-May, just checked their website and it comes in at 13,300 all in, which is what I was looking at with Air Asia from KL, with flights to KL, luggage, food, travel from Stanstead etc to add on top. Plus I just checked their T&C's and you get a 28kg luggage allowance as standard, dread to think what that would have cost on Air Asia.

Edited for clarity

Search under my name for a long post I made about the LHR-BOM-BKK journey I made last August (not sure when posted so just search me and Jet Airways, that should do it).

I flew out to London on Etihad, my airline of choice over the last couple of years. Paid Bt39k for a year return. When I wanted to come back, my class was not available as it was high season in the UK. Alternatives ranged from about £800/1000 for another return which would sort of fit in the middle of my Etihad return if you see what I mean. Not only Etihad but Qatar, Emirates, Turkish etc.

Managed to get a Jet Airways deal for around £500 return (1 year) which I stupidly booked through Lastminute.com to save just a few quid when booking direct with Jet would have meant an easier change to the ticket. Checked out their planes beforehand.

Problems with plane to Bangkok were that it was absolutely full. See my post for what plane etc. 737 or small Airbus. The seat back screen was maybe 6 inches or so, seats not that cramped though but not as good as the 777. Food wasn't as good either.

I got the impression then and have had it backed up since that the flights to and from India are like our Ryanair / easyjet with food. They cost little so every man, woman and dog can afford it. The leg to London needs visas, costs far more and thus you get a better aircraft and less people. But at an approximate 4+7 hours flying time and at £500 return (1 year) it was half the price of the alternatives I could get at the time. Just too much of a saving to say no.

Would I book it again ? yes. If it was all like the LHR-BOM leg then I'd fly it as a preference but at a discount to Etihad, it would have to be perhaps a couple of hundred pounds cheaper or if I were on a very tight budget.

Watch the prices on their website though. When you see the week's daily prices on the flexible option, note that some are not via Bombay but Delhi and one requires a 14 hour stay in Bombay (no way !). For cheapness, quality and ease, it knocks spots off that Air Asia X rubbish.

Thanks for that, I think I will give them a try.

>>Watch the prices on their website though. When you see the week's daily prices on the flexible option, note that some are not via Bombay but Delhi and one requires a 14 hour stay in Bombay (no way !). For cheapness, quality and ease, it knocks spots off that Air Asia X rubbish. <<

I wondered why they had 2 flights leaving BKK at exactly the same time and one arriving LHR 13 hours later :o

I looked at their 1 year tickets but 2 singles is significantly cheaper, and not sure of my return date just yet. I assume you get a good Ruby Murray on the plane as we are going via India?

Edit// Just checked Etihad as I have used them before also, same day etc is just under 23,000. For 10k on a one way flight I think I can slum it. Checked Eva, Thai and the usual suspects previously and nothing comes close.

Edited by QED

If just one way, the best out there is Jet Airways with the cheapest fares about 12k all in. 1 hour layover in Bombay. Piss poor airport and the plane from BKK-BOM is &lt;deleted&gt; (4 1/2 hours) but the 777 from BOM-LHR is fine and not heavily loaded. Great food, wine and more than decent entertainment.

Edited for clarity

I'm still waiting for my wife and stepdaughter' visas so I checked one way prices for June and they've increased to23k baht (increase from 1st June), so the cheap prices must be a special promotion for May. So here's hoping we get the visas within the next week or two so we can travel in May.

Bangladesh airlines have a oneway price for £281 but I'e not heard anything good about themso apart from them the best oneway price I've found so far for June is £335 per person with Egyptair (includes a reduction for traveling as a family). Does any body know what the flight is like? Their website says they use 777's.

just booked with etihad 50000 baht return for 1 adult and child with 2 hour stop over each way. quatar was quite good also emirates if you fly to birmingham longer stop overs though. I think if you book it a week before you go you get better prices just tweak the dates a bit until you get a decent price.

If just one way, the best out there is Jet Airways with the cheapest fares about 12k all in. 1 hour layover in Bombay. Piss poor airport and the plane from BKK-BOM is &lt;deleted&gt; (4 1/2 hours) but the 777 from BOM-LHR is fine and not heavily loaded. Great food, wine and more than decent entertainment.

Edited for clarity

I'm still waiting for my wife and stepdaughter' visas so I checked one way prices for June and they've increased to23k baht (increase from 1st June), so the cheap prices must be a special promotion for May. So here's hoping we get the visas within the next week or two so we can travel in May.

Bangladesh airlines have a oneway price for £281 but I'e not heard anything good about themso apart from them the best oneway price I've found so far for June is £335 per person with Egyptair (includes a reduction for traveling as a family). Does any body know what the flight is like? Their website says they use 777's.

Just checked again and the prices are all 23k for May now. I've been out of town for a few days with no internet access, really wish I had booked it when I saw it :)

LB just did that flight a couple of weeks ago, they have a new terminal No 3 in Abu Dhabi - since my last flight back to UK. Very spacious seating area's and there is food area above the shopping places, Burger King if like that sort of thing! and some others.

Nice Philippino girls running the show in BK, sort of made the time go by!

LB just did that flight a couple of weeks ago, they have a new terminal No 3 in Abu Dhabi - since my last flight back to UK. Very spacious seating area's and there is food area above the shopping places, Burger King if like that sort of thing! and some others.

Nice Philippino girls running the show in BK, sort of made the time go by!

Heard lots of good things about Etihad and Abu Dhabi airport. Plus they seem to be about the cheapest at the moment.