Who Or What Is 'bne'?

camerata

Bangkok seems to be covered in graffiti featuring the letters BNE. Now I'm seeing stickers in English all over the place saying "BNE is here" and sometimes with Chinese characters instead of English. Anyone know what BNE is?

BNE is a bunch of pussies with no artist talent, or any real talent for that matter. They were deprived of any attention or recognition from their family and had no childhood friends. This has left a bitter taste in their mouth, so instead of using their free time to paint something clever/witty, they just stick up letters that make no sense.

I hope they get caught, and beaten. I love graffiti and stencil art, but this is just stupid mindless crap.

Edited by akirasan

A fair amount of money must have gone into those stickers. Strange that it seems to be a worldwide phenomenon and yet no one knows who is behind it. If they ever reveal themselves, I reckon they'll get lambasted.

A fair amount of money must have gone into those stickers. Strange that it seems to be a worldwide phenomenon and yet no one knows who is behind it. If they ever reveal themselves, I reckon they'll get lambasted.

If you ask AlexLah, he will tell you that it is in fact 'Aliens' that are trying to communicate with us before moving in perm.

Personally, I think it is religeous in nature - something to do with the 2nd coming of Kilroy.

Others have said it is the former PM and that the stickering is in fact code for BNE. :o

Either way, it's working.

I saw a Foreigner in his mid-twenties (tall guy, kind of skinny and with dark hair) putting up one of these stickers on a phone box outside our office building.

Nice hobby.

Personally, I think it is religeous in nature - something to do with the 2nd coming of Kilroy.

Could be. Some of the graffiti I've seen has BNE with a crown drawn above it.

What we do know..

1) not new, been around for years

2) global - not just here

3) the stickers / painting appear to be related to someone's travels (New York, San fran tokyo, bangkok etc)- spending weeks in cities hit. Obviously well funded.

What we don't know is where will be next. Perhaps a closure look into the cities chosen for this may reveal a pattern.

If I were to guess (seriously now), I would say that this is being done by someone who is experimenting with public reaction to this for his personal pleasure or so he can write a book about it. I don't think it is a gorilla marketing campaign by some company unless it is some new record label or band.

anyways, one would think with all the 24hr video surveilance in the world it would not be hard to get a better idea of the individual(s) involved.

I doubt this is the work of one person, seems more likely to me to be group effort. There's probably some random forum out there where these stickers and graffiti have some meaning and they get a kick out of having them plastered everywhere

I doubt this is the work of one person, seems more likely to me to be group effort. There's probably some random forum out there where these stickers and graffiti have some meaning and they get a kick out of having them plastered everywhere

well MJ, if that's the case may I just say publically in case they are reading, 'go get laid and give up the graffiti' - I will even sponor you for the first go.

anyways, one would think with all the 24hr video surveilance in the world it would not be hard to get a better idea of the individual(s) involved.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are lusers recruited over the Internet without a clue who hired them. Bangkok and Tokyo would be ideal for that kind of thing. There always seems to be an army of young people handing out leaflets in Tokyo.

There's a website that is meant to have some link to it:

http://www.bneone.com

If anyones in Japan and fancies calling them, here's there details from a public WHOIS query:

Admin Name........... ozawa takashi

Admin Address........ 510

Admin Address........

Admin Address........ sekkinoharanitta

Admin Address........ 485-0023

Admin Address........ nagoya

Admin Address........ JAPAN

Admin Email..........

Admin Phone.......... +81.09065312700

Admin Fax............

Edited by camerata
Email address deleted as per forum rules.

When it comes to graffiti, once you have over 100 or 1,000 (I can't remember which) tags up then you can call yourself a king, hence the crown above the tag. I don't think there is a deeper meaning to this than someone with too much time on their hands, and absolutely no imagination.

From a five minute google search it seems to be the work of a San Francisco graffiti artist called Benet (BeNEt) the stickers and graffiti first started in San Francisco where there's a $25,000 reward for his capture. It's hard to say whether he's responsible for the the ones in Bangkok, Tokyo and the other cities, in fact it's more likely that others have taken up his cause and I'm sure if you searched the web long enough you be able to find some site that could supply you with the stickers.

From a five minute google search it seems to be the work of a San Francisco graffiti artist called Benet (BeNEt) the stickers and graffiti first started in San Francisco where there's a $25,000 reward for his capture. It's hard to say whether he's responsible for the the ones in Bangkok, Tokyo and the other cities, in fact it's more likely that others have taken up his cause and I'm sure if you searched the web long enough you be able to find some site that could supply you with the stickers.

Its the same people who made crop circles.... just moved on..