Thais Touching Your Kids

Neeranam

Thais Touching Your Kids  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will give him 2slap.. :D

How dare he touch a 7y/o girl? this age is about to be young lady this soon.

I, myself avoid touching to nobody's kids, tho they are extremely cute..

Well, really afraid of louse on kids' heads..White skin can be dirty also.. :D

Very true, and especially important for those who work in the field of sausage making, and other fine foods. Do you wear a hairnet?

Yes, sure!!

In processing, we wrap our whole bodies just just like astronaut..

Visitors also, must do..If they don't, we will shoot them..haha..joke.

Me..wrapping? No, never..... :o

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the situation - my elder daughter(7) is walking out from her new school with me when a Thai man(parent) comes over and touches her arm saying, "look kreung, suey" or "beautiful half-caste".

What would you do or say?

This happens frequently with one or both of my girls - usually in the supermarket. With the 2 year old it's not so bad but as they get older it irritates me. No foreigner has ever done this.

I would imagine that I'd be arrested if I did the same in my country. Does this happen in the West - people touching your daughters?

I'll tell you what I did later.

Would you say/do the same in Tesco Lotus Bangkok and Tesco Birmingham?

Maybe I'm over-protective towards my girls?

It seems to me the world has gone pedophile crazy, people who go on about pedophiles are probably pedophiles themselves - a bit like the "gay bashing syndrome". Why would you even make a sexual connotation. If i see a cute puppy i might pick it up and stroke it, play with it, kiss it, say how cute it is... would people assume there is something sexual about that? I suppose it has to be "my puppe" if i am allowed to do that? Is that right?

Thais are affectionate people and touching each other is more normal here so i think you should smile and not think any more of it.

Edited by CrossBones

It seems to me the world has gone pedophile crazy, people who go on about pedophiles are probably pedophiles themselves - a bit like the "gay bashing syndrome". Why would you even make a sexual connotation. If i see a cute puppy i might pick it up and stroke it, play with it, kiss it, say how cute it is... would people assume there is something sexual about that? I suppose it has to be "my puppe" if i am allowed to do that? Is that right?

Thais are affectionate people and touching each other is more normal here so i think you should smile and not think any more of it.

That would seem pretty dam_n weird if you picked up someone else dog and started kissing it.

That would seem pretty dam_n weird if you picked up someone else dog and started kissing it.

Why?

Had other peoples puppies climb on me and let them kiss my face. Which is close to the same thing.

Here's the situation - my elder daughter(7) is walking out from her new school with me when a Thai man(parent) comes over and touches her arm saying, "look kreung, suey" or "beautiful half-caste".

This happens frequently with one or both of my girls - usually in the supermarket. With the 2 year old it's not so bad but as they get older it irritates me. No foreigner has ever done this.

I would imagine that I'd be arrested if I did the same in my country. Does this happen in the West - people touching your daughters?

I didn't make any sexual connotation. What makes you think that :o ?

If I thought that there was, I'd threaten the guy physically right there and then and wouldn't be asking advice.

What if it was a young boy not a girl? Last year the missus and I were in the night market in Hua-Hin with our 5 month old son and were stoped twice by Thai people asking if they could take his photo and have a hold of him, both the missus and I were totaly comfartable with it, in fact we were pretty proud to have a kid that people wanted to treat in such a way.

Brigante7.

I'm amazed that so many people would actually be violent because somebody touched a girls ARM and said that they thought she was cute.

I think that most people can tell whether it's a creepy thing or not.

Political correctness out of control again.

Indeed. These days people look for reasons to get offended.

The world has gone mad.

It's a relief to hear this comments.Many people in western countries have gone paranoid.Please if you come to Thailand,leave your paranoia at home. :o

i second that emotion.

If I thought that there was, I'd threaten the guy physically right there and then and wouldn't be asking advice.

You implied the sexual connotation when you stated that you would likely be arrested in your country if you did that.

So please tell us, if you think that you would be arrested in your own country - what would be the crime? What would you be charged with?

Umm you said should you " Call him a paedophile". So you were making the assumption that someone who remarked about your child being beautiful should be called a pedophile. If you didnt think he had sexual motives why on earth would you want to call him a pedophile or start a fight with him for complimenting you about your child.

Strange

What if it was a young boy not a girl? Last year the missus and I were in the night market in Hua-Hin with our 5 month old son and were stoped twice by Thai people asking if they could take his photo and have a hold of him, both the missus and I were totaly comfartable with it, in fact we were pretty proud to have a kid that people wanted to treat in such a way.

Brigante7.

Good for you Brigante a sensible and healthy attitude.

It's such a shame that a very few perverts can plant so much suspicion in the minds of so many people.

When I first came to Thailand, I didn't have a healthy attitude, I'd allowed my mind to be twisted by the bombardment of political correctness.

I used to go swimming in a lake and the local Thai kids would come in with me. These kids were aged 5 to 10 and their parents would go away and leave them in my care. I was distinctly uncomfortable as these kids would climb all over me and rely on me to stop them from sinking when out of their depth.

My feeling uncomfortable with the situation was due to the indoctrination from the PC pressure groups in the Uk. How could I feel guilty when I had no intention of harming these kids in any way whatsoever?

Luckily my mind has now manged to escape from this unhealthy PC rubbish and now I refuse to feel guilty when i have no evil intention whatsoever.

My stepdaughter is 3 and half years old and after she showers often runs to me and wants to be picked up for a cuddle. Am i supposed to reject her because she is naked? The PC police will say yes. She would just see it as rejection.

I'm still not completely free of the PC sh*t though. If she wants me to shower or powder her, I cannot bring myself to go anywhere near her vagina. Because of this, she could get an infection by not being cleaned properly, so I always try to make sure her mother or female cousin washes her. Sad isn't it?

Edited by loong

You implied the sexual connotation when you stated that you would likely be arrested in your country if you did that.

So please tell us, if you think that you would be arrested in your own country - what would be the crime? What would you be charged with?

I was thinking of the racial term, half-caste.

When I first came to Thailand, I didn't have a healthy attitude, I'd allowed my mind to be twisted by the bombardment of political correctness.

I used to go swimming in a lake and the local Thai kids would come in with me. These kids were aged 5 to 10 and their parents would go away and leave them in my care.

Parents asking you to look after them is great, or in the other example of someone asking to take a photo is fine as well. Random male strangers initiating physical contact uninvited at a shopping mall is not. Heck, I don't want strangers touching myself, or even my dog, uninvited either.

Brigante7.

It's such a shame that a very few perverts can plant so much suspicion in the minds of so many people.

I used to go swimming in a lake and the local Thai kids would come in with me. These kids were aged 5 to 10 and their parents would go away and leave them in my care. I was distinctly uncomfortable as these kids would climb all over me and rely on me to stop them from sinking when out of their depth.

My feeling uncomfortable with the situation was due to the indoctrination from the PC pressure groups in the Uk. How could I feel guilty when I had no intention of harming these kids in any way whatsoever?

Luckily my mind has now manged to escape from this unhealthy PC rubbish and now I refuse to feel guilty when i have no evil intention whatsoever.

My stepdaughter is 3 and half years old and after she showers often runs to me and wants to be picked up for a cuddle. Am i supposed to reject her because she is naked? The PC police will say yes. She would just see it as rejection.

I'm still not completely free of the PC sh*t though. If she wants me to shower or powder her, I cannot bring myself to go anywhere near her vagina. Because of this, she could get an infection by not being cleaned properly, so I always try to make sure her mother or female cousin washes her. Sad isn't it?

I was swimming with my 12 year old daughter...Some Thais watched us and spoke to each other "Farang chop dek".

Sad that exclusively that came into the minds of these ordinary Thais, isn't it.

I used to go swimming in a lake and the local Thai kids would come in with me. These kids were aged 5 to 10 and their parents would go away and leave them in my care.

Parents asking you to look after them is great, or in the other example of someone asking to take a photo is fine as well. Random male strangers initiating physical contact uninvited at a shopping mall is not. Heck, I don't want strangers touching myself, or even my dog, uninvited either.

There is touching and there is TOUCHING, You have a problem with a random male making contact - what about random women? Do you think that all perverts are male gender?

You have a logical brain and you should be able to recognise if the touch is due to a perversion or respect or admiration.

I'll be honest with you, there are a lot of Thai traits that I do not like, but the touchy feely thing is good as long as there is no ulterior motive.

Brigante7.

I was swimming with my 12 year old daughter...Some Thais watched us and spoke to each other "Farang chop dek".

Sad that exclusively that came into the minds of these ordinary Thais, isn't it.

Yes, that is sad. In many Thai peoples minds farang only come time to Thailand to buy sex and when they see farang (that they do not know personally) with a young girl will often make the wrong assumption.

I don't think so, complimenting a half-caste would be considered positive discrimination and as we all know - that's OK

In the UK? :o

Yes.

In the UK it's ok to say Black is beautiful - no problem.

If you dared to say Black is ugly, then you are in trouble!

that is the difference between positive and negative discrimination.

You will also notice that in the UK you are allowed to advertise jobs exclusively to ethnic minorities, but if you advertised a job and stated only whites need to apply, you'd have the PC police jumping on you straight away.

Didn't you know that?

I don't think so, complimenting a half-caste would be considered positive discrimination and as we all know - that's OK

Yes.

You will also notice that in the UK you are allowed to advertise jobs exclusively to ethnic minorities, but if you advertised a job and stated only whites need to apply, you'd have the PC police jumping on you straight away.

Didn't you know that?

No, I had no isea.

Its a sad indictment of todays world when you cant touch another persons kids and play with them. I love playing with kids, whenever I am out I pull faces at them and wink as they usually love to play daft games. Thankfully in Thailand this sort of "dont touch my kid your probably a pervert nonsense" hasnt taken off yet.

Long may it last, kids are great fun no hang ups or morals leave the daft rules in the West.

Brigante7.

Yes its very sad, I used to sleep with my parents a lot when I was a kid,now you cant film the school plays now either in the UK

I do the same thing I do when ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING touches my kid. It just depends on the person and the circumstance. WTH dose the person's nationality have to do with it? If they were white or (insert favorite nationality here) would it make a difference????

I agree.

So what would you do?

Well in the OP's case It would depend on what it looked like, if it was just a simple touch on the arm and the guy seemed sincere I would say thank you and tell the girl "What do you say?" Prompting her to say "Thank you" also which would probably just be adorable. :o

If the guy looked creepy I would pull my daughter back and give him the glare that says "I will kill you." (and I do have one of those in stock for just such situations lol) along with a nod and a monotone "Thank You".

I'm sure that would do the trick though 99% of the time it's probably just genuine admiration.

Yes.

Didn't you know that?

I think your pushing it. what is Positive discrimination???

Ok so you say "Black is Beautiful" Dose that automatically mean that Fair is ugly???? ofcouse not! It's just a compliment of one's skin tone, like "My Fair Lady" It's not discrimination if it dosn't disrespect anyone. You can love yourself and your own without hating others.

Many Thais could use such a lesson and trash all that chemical whiting bleach crap and stop trying to look like Koreans & Japanese.

I do the same thing I do when ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING touches my kid. It just depends on the person and the circumstance. WTH dose the person's nationality have to do with it? If they were white or (insert favorite nationality here) would it make a difference????

I agree.

So what would you do?

so why make a poll and ask people's opinions about how they feel if you already have your mind made up?

Because thats what polls are for,to see if we agree with him.Is that what all posts are for,unless i have lost the plot.

Brigante7.

Yes its very sad, I used to sleep with my parents a lot when I was a kid,now you cant film the school plays now either in the UK

A few years ago I was on Koh Samet with my Thai g/f and a young Thai boy about 8 years old splashed around with us in the sea and played football on the beach his mom and dad were staying on another beach and they just left him to play with us all afternoon... I felt like you that there was something wrong with this situation but there is nothing wrong with it at all - the boy was having fun and no harm was going to come to him - but my mind was set as how wrong this could be and it was a good job it was me and not some kiddy fiddler....

its a shame how far wrong the West has gone....