That New Brazilian Churrascaria In Front Of The New Mall

Jingthing

Vegetarians, skip this one.

We are so lucky that Pattaya continues to develop into a world class beach resort city along with the assorted bells and whistles that go along with that (I will forget Asean for a minute).

Anyway, the new churrascaria in front of the new mall is obviously such a bell and whistle.

In case you don't know the drill, at a churrascaria waiters come around and serve you many different kinds of meats on a skewer, sliced for you on the spot. There is also a buffet table, which if authentic should include Brazilian dishes and salads.

The deal here is about 1000 baht all the meat you can eat, including buffet. I assume that does not include dessert and drinks. I spoke to them there and found it is dinner only and the beef is from Black Angus USA cattle raised near Chiang Mai. Perhaps 20 different kinds of cuts/meats on offer (not only beef). They use the green light/red light system at your table for you to indicate whether you want more meat or not at any given time. Interesting, huh?

So has anyone tried this place and wish to report?

Edited by Jingthing

I have only been to the one on Koh Samui - it was brilliant. Food was perfect and plentiful. The salad bar was the largest and best variety I had ever seen. There was also a Brazilian Dance show. If this one is along the same lines I will be very happy to go.

Edited by aussiechick

Used to go to 'Brasilia" in Singapore often.. a few rum based cocktails and a huge feed of meat.. What more could any red blooded male want ?

I have also tried the two in BKK .. Both good. So glad to see a Churrascaria open in Pattaya.. Hope it is up to the standard of the others.. 1000 baht ( if all included ) is pretty good value compared to other foreign themed food places.. Easy to spend 1000 baht on a simple Indian meal in soem parts of town.. Of course the Mantra buffet is only a little more expensive and you can eat mant varieties of imported food there till you burst..

Guess will have to give it a go ..

It is outside the mall, on the beach side. Directly in front of the mall, not on either side.

Outside, in front of the mall on the beach side is only ... the beach ... :o

Did you mean on 2nd Road?

Edited by Phil Conners

Used to go to 'Brasilia" in Singapore often.. a few rum based cocktails and a huge feed of meat.. What more could any red blooded male want ?

I agree- this place was great!

I have also tried the two in BKK ..

Where are they?

I agree- this place was great!

I have also tried the two in BKK ..

Where are they?

One is in the basement of a shopping center and the other is part of a hotel.. Sorry I'm sufffering from 'old timers disease' at the moment and can't remember the names for the life of me... Google is the answer as that's where I found the info before trying them..

I didn't realize there was any churrascaria left in Bangkok. I used to eat at Figo Vivo churrascaria near the BTS Chitlom Station but I had heard it was out of business. This Pattaya churrascaria is located on the strip of cement between Beach Road and the mall. It is of course not right on the beach. The mall structure does not go anywhere even close to the road, so there is plenty of space. 1000 baht is not over priced if the meat and buffet are good quality, cheaper really than these places in the US but of course more expensive than in Brazil. Anyone who has experienced a good version of a churrascaria would not consider 1000 baht unreasonable. In this case, I wonder how good Thai beef even from fancy schmancy cattle is going to be. I would have normally expected at least some imported beef for that price.

Edited by Jingthing

I didn't realize there was any churrascaria left in Bangkok. I used to eat at Figo Vivo churrascaria near the BTS Chitlom Station but I had heard it was out of business. This Pattaya churrascaria is located on the strip of cement between Beach Road and the mall. It is of course not right on the beach. The mall structure does not go anywhere even close to the road, so there is plenty of space. 1000 baht is not over priced if the meat and buffet are good quality, cheaper really than these places in the US but of course more expensive than in Brazil. Anyone who has experienced a good version of a churrascaria would not consider 1000 baht unreasonable. In this case, I wonder how good Thai beef even from fancy schmancy cattle is going to be. I would have normally expected at least some imported beef for that price.

The one in BKK you mentioned did close but I heard it is open again at a new location.. Was very busy when I went and was suprised to hear it had closed..

Just done a quick google.. a few reviews and still showing the same location at President Tower.. But can't tell if they are just old articles and it has in fact moved ?

Edited by Pdaz

Yes, the best are in Brazil of course. The places I used to go in the US were not bad either. Fogo Vivo was not up to either standard. Interestingly, in Rio there are different price points for these places, low, mid, and high and the quality difference is obvious. I enjoyed all the price points, the places for the masses were really fun, but the high end places were the best food.

Edited by Jingthing

I have also tried the two in BKK .. Both good. So glad to see a Churrascaria open in Pattaya.. Hope it is up to the standard of the others.. 1000 baht ( if all included ) is pretty good value compared to other foreign themed food places.. Easy to spend 1000 baht on a simple Indian meal in soem parts of town.. Of course the Mantra buffet is only a little more expensive and you can eat mant varieties of imported food there till you burst..

Guess will have to give it a go ..

Which places in Bangkok? The good one I knew about Fogo something near Paragon area closed down and is now some other type of bar/eatery.

The other I know about is Suk soi 8 and the meats are meager, not replenished, and of lower quality than I enjoy.

BTW, the Fogo something in the Venetian in Macao is excellent, or did I say that already?

kdf

I would assume it's one of those empty spaces fronting the mall on the beach road side that are still part of the mall (but not inside it. You confused many saying it was "outside" the mall). I have friends who have lived and whored in Rio and they always rave about these custascuria (or whatever you call them) places there. Maybe will take them the next time they're whoring in Pattaya; but have to say, at B 1000 (++?) per person for a meal of local meat, there will be a pretty limited market for this place among locals. In low-season, there will also be few tourists to patronize such a place.

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

I would assume it's one of those empty spaces fronting the mall on the beach road side that are still part of the mall

No, it is not attached. It is a separate structure. Of course, they have a business challenge. You can't offer what they are offering cheap so this will a test for that market here. First thing to find out: is it any good?

I would assume it's one of those empty spaces fronting the mall on the beach road side that are still part of the mall

No, it is not attached. It is a separate structure. Of course, they have a business challenge. You can't offer what they are offering cheap so this will a test for that market here. First thing to find out: is it any good?

Yeah I know...there are a couple box-like structures that front the mall on Beach Road. What I meant is that they are still part of the mall (if not actually attached). The way you initially described them made it sound like the restaurant was not on the mall's property, but in front along Beach Road, which of course would be impossible unless it was actually on the beach or a floating restaurant offshore.

Good or very good, that's a pretty high price-point for food in Patters (in good or bad times; in high or low season). Will wait for the reports to come in...and we will see if there is a market at this level. I predicted Manhattan Steakhouse would not last long but they have been around for a couple years now...so what do I know :o

We went there yesterday afternoon to have a look while we were in Central anyway. It is actually the building next to Beach road, part of Central but not the main building.

The normal price is 950 baht, probably ++. Normally there's a 10% discount for residents of Pattaya and at the moment they have a special price of 750 baht.

Would be very interested to hear first hand experiences...

post-1539-1240741757_thumb.jpgpost-1539-1240741768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Conners

Is the discount for residents something you have to ask about or is it posted somewhere? I would think non-residents wouldn't be happy to hear about that. Waiting for reports, I won't be the first ...

Its definitely the same brand as Samui based on this, same name and logo design:

http://leolaksi.wordpress.com/2008/12/31/z...samui-thailand/

The listed buffet items do NOT sound very Brazilian. Based on that, I think they should keep the buffet at 750 because the lack of a real Brazilian buffet means they aren't doing it the same as in Brazil so not worth as much, they can always push the drinks to make more money.

Edited by Jingthing

It was not posted anywhere but was told by the waitress to my wife.

Prices here vs. Brazil is irrelevant, in Brazil you can get a great Churraco for example at Babybeef for 10 reals, less than 200 baht.

No, I'm not going to be the first either :o

Edited by Phil Conners

Which places in Bangkok? The good one I knew about Fogo something near Paragon area closed down and is now some other type of bar/eatery.

The other I know about is Suk soi 8 and the meats are meager, not replenished, and of lower quality than I enjoy.

There was one in the Asia Hotel in BKK (10 years ago when i first stayed there), there is access to it from Ratchachewi (however its spelt) BTS stop.

Was enjoyable then but my food standards have risen greatly since then.

Looked at this place tonight, not impressed.

One river shrimp, 4 chicken drumsticks, some sausage and 2 indeterminate meats twirling on the grill. Salad bar looked fresh, but limited at the price.

No thanks

kdf

Looked at this place tonight, not impressed.

One river shrimp, 4 chicken drumsticks, some sausage and 2 indeterminate meats twirling on the grill. Salad bar looked fresh, but limited at the price.

No thanks

kdf

Indeterminate meat/mystery meat lol

I wonder if it looked like the same meat as the kebab places dotted around town. If someone could take a few pics I am sure that it would be appreciated by all. But 1k baht for mystery meat sounds a bit pricey.

The manager guy told me they rotate something like 15 or 20 different kinds of meat. Perhaps you have to sit quite a long time (while ordering more drinks ha ha) before you are offered all the choices, but sorry I do not believe they are only offering three varieties.

Edited by Jingthing