Evaluate My Photo

lifeincnx

I took this shot in Pai on one very hot day. I tried cropping the area of the cat and water bowl tighter but always came back to the full frame. Guess I liked the wood textures and other elements too much to loose them. Taken with my cranky old Canon 20D and my trusty Canon 24-105mm f/4 lens. This was low res to begin with - unfortunately a small jpeg and not the RAW format I usually use.

It think the important image is up close. but It is a nice shot from further back too.

I am curious, is this shot a setup. I am just wondering because you don't normally see a bunch of flowers floating in a pot.

Totally random - no set up. We were walking around the bungalows at the river's edge. This very friendly, but hot cat was more than happy to pose for my lens. The water bowl with flowers was on somebody's front porch and Ms. Feline just helped herself.

I took this shot in Pai on one very hot day. I tried cropping the area of the cat and water bowl tighter but always came back to the full frame. Guess I liked the wood textures and other elements too much to loose them. Taken with my cranky old Canon 20D and my trusty Canon 24-105mm f/4 lens. This was low res to begin with - unfortunately a small jpeg and not the RAW format I usually use.

nice. textures are the visual idea

nice. textures are the visual idea...... not the cat

nice. textures are the visual idea...... not the cat

Well in that case this picture is a failure because there is a very distracting cat like object right on the lower left golden section. The photographer should have chased the cat away and moved the pot and then taken his picture of the nice textures.

Edited by canuckamuck

• 2 weeks later...
It think the important image is up close. but It is a nice shot from further back too.

I am curious, is this shot a setup. I am just wondering because you don't normally see a bunch of flowers floating in a pot.

Oh, yes you would see a bunch of flowers floating in a pot if you came to my neighborhood, actually this is a very common sight around the kindgom. the flowers floating in the pot or pond, the cat thing is a plus, my question(?) is this cat really taking a drink :):D or is it doing a bit of fishing. Many of these pot also have lots and lots of small fish that would make a nice snack for this cat>yum yum :D:D Anyway very nice photo. Thank for sharing.

Oh, yes you would see a bunch of flowers floating in a pot if you came to my neighborhood, actually this is a very common sight around the kindgom. the flowers floating in the pot or pond, the cat thing is a plus, my question(?) is this cat really taking a drink :):D or is it doing a bit of fishing. Many of these pot also have lots and lots of small fish that would make a nice snack for this cat>yum yum :D:D Anyway very nice photo. Thank for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback. And yes, kitty was drinking - a lot. It was hotter than heck. Her in Bangkok, my wife's aunt has many water bowls with flowers as well as tiny fish (guppies I guess) which are good to keep both the algae and mosquitoes down.