Remote Controlled Helicopters

NormanW

Why dont you go to Pattaya RC near the Euro Club off Chaiyapruek 2, they race boats and cars there, the last time i was there they had some smart helicopters in their shop, if they no longer stock i am sure some of the enthusiasts could point you in the right direction.

Or, there is an RC shop on Sukhumvit about 200m up from Boonthavorn on the same side, next to the Viryha Insurance shop, you will see a small plane hanging outside. :o

If you are looking for the 1000 - 2000 baht toy helicopters, just find the cheapest stall and buy the cheapest helicopter they have as it won't last 5 mins.

If you are interested in learning to fly a "good" model helicopter then I would suggest you go to the model shop on soi Khow Noi ( sorry for the spelling ) Soi Khow Noi is located off the east side of Suk. Rd. about 200 mtrs. south of the Pattaya Klang intersection. Turn left into soi Khow Noi and follow the road almost to the top of the hill. Look out for the Red Lion pub on the left side of the soi and the model shop is about 100 mtrs. past this on the left side. Jim, the owner stocks a few helicopters and can order others. He stocks r/c planes and cars also. Across the road from the shop there is a field where many guys fly model helicopters most days, weather permitting. Tuition is available.

This is not an easy thing to learn and I would urge you to go and have a look and speak to the guys who fly before you purchase anything. Sorry if you're already a flier and just want to buy a model but if not, "BE WARNED" this is NOT a cheap hobby!

As I've told others, there is another flying site not far from this one. It is next to the Elephant village, sign posted from Soi Siam Country Club rd. and Soi Nung Plabwan. Sunday afternoon is a good time to go and watch planes and helicopters being flown.

Take some time to ask questions and get to know all the pitfalls before you spend your money. There are a lot a guys who will be only too happy to help.

Hope that helps with your query.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Radio-Contro...nes-t87295.html

Hi,

There is a shop inside Pattaya on 2nd Road near South Rd crossing.

You can see its exact position here : http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?9EuRUPmokcgF7CNA

They have small (toys) 3 channels helicopter at 850 baht and some serious ones at 6,000 baht or more.

Many planes, boats, cars and accessories too.

Co incidence! I passed that place last night and noticed the RC helicopter in the window. Stored the info for the next time someone asked that very question ( there's been a few queries on the Thorn Tree Thailand forum ).