Nikki Beach Lipa Noi

Anybody at the Opening of the Nikki Beach Club near Racha Ferry? wanted to go also, but it's such a long way.

...such a long way ??... we are talking about Samui ? if you walk probably you right...

Very nice party under invitations, pretty organize too with exhibitions like Thai boxing show, mime man, dancers, tumbler.

Cool music and many many people all in strictly white clothes.

Amazing LADIES from Russia and as well very good looking Thai ladies.

The down side : DRINKS

It was basically impossible get a drink from the 2 bars, not organize / not trained staff / not enough staff behind the bar !

managers passing by and looking at the long bar cue of people complaining about the impossibility to get a drink, do not give a s.....t,

3 kind of free drinks that night but not well done (because free), so if you want a different drink you were stack in the cue for a min

of 45 minutes.

In such important night you MUST HAVE the managers working inside the bar !!

Many clients say that they will never never go back because of it.

But aside this it was a funny party, a well done club, no important guest as rumors.

I would probably go there again for a lazy sunday afternoon because Lipa Noi is for me the best beach of the island.

(More or less the same problems in Beach Republic but it was the food, that after the opening the second time I have

been there was really disappointing and expensive.)

A Friend that was there told me that there was an increddible amount of Russian Females there.. :o

well it is owned by russians

I heard one of the managers was Russian. Anywya, they should have put it in the invite. :D

Its a multilocation company, Nikki's B.C. are around the world not only in Samui....

and yes owner is Russian.

Anybody at the Opening of the Nikki Beach Club near Racha Ferry? wanted to go also, but it's such a long way.

...such a long way ??... we are talking about Samui ? if you walk probably you right...

Very nice party under invitations, pretty organize too with exhibitions like Thai boxing show, mime man, dancers, tumbler.

Cool music and many many people all in strictly white clothes.

Amazing LADIES from Russia and as well very good looking Thai ladies.

The down side : DRINKS

It was basically impossible get a drink from the 2 bars, not organize / not trained staff / not enough staff behind the bar !

managers passing by and looking at the long bar cue of people complaining about the impossibility to get a drink, do not give a s.....t,

3 kind of free drinks that night but not well done (because free), so if you want a different drink you were stack in the cue for a min

of 45 minutes.

In such important night you MUST HAVE the managers working inside the bar !!

Many clients say that they will never never go back because of it.

But aside this it was a funny party, a well done club, no important guest as rumors.

I would probably go there again for a lazy sunday afternoon because Lipa Noi is for me the best beach of the island.

(More or less the same problems in Beach Republic but it was the food, that after the opening the second time I have

been there was really disappointing and expensive.)

my friend got the invite via the xpat club but it looked like an event being organized by samui's famous party planner so i had to take a pass, as her events always come with glitches such as (not enough bar staff or food or booze) the russian girls may have made the vent worth going.

First off, I'm not "cool" and don't own anything close to the white outfits people were wearing at the "opening" of the place. I am not buff and I don't use preparations in my hair to look fashionable. I am not rich and think spending 280 baht for pad thai (no joke) is making fools out of the customers.

The place looks quite like it wants to be "upscale" but frankly, having looked around and examined the place (and in the daytime), I was constantly struck by this going through my head: "It's like there are some good design ideas here, but the craftsmanship is just terribly lacking. It would be like having a brilliant design idea and asking some poor, backwoods farmer to make it for you."

The water in the swimming/wading pool was brackish and far from clear. Funny since it smelled hugely of chlorine.

The lounging areas around the pool had no means for shade and the effort to bring over some umbrellas was half-hearted and didn't actually help much.

The music (remember I am not cool) during the day was perplexing (much like Swing Bar in Lamai) when you think it would be the time to play some nice, relaxing-by-the-pool, chill-out music; instead, they play the nighttime throbbing base notes-where's-the-E-I'm-totally-zoned DUNG DUNG DUNG stuff. What's the deal with that? It is music written for people to get up and move to, not sit relaxed at poolside. I am also not sure what the deal is with having a human DJ there. The several hours I was there could have been done via recording instead of some dude and NO one would have noticed. That might be a comment over the head of this thread, though.

The Russian who "owns" the place (if any non-Thai can truly own anything here) is personable and clearly has more money than 20 of the most well-heeled tourists at the venue at any one time, but I wonder if he is really getting his money's worth. He seemed to be clinging to all the wrong people. I thought he was probably lonely. His "girlfriend" here, if he has such a thing, must be thinking she's won the World Cup, the World Series, the Superbowl, the Constructor's Title and all her birthdays came at once -- the man is loaded.

The Thai staff is like a small town, and they do seem to try hard to be helpful.

My total impression was that Nikki Beach is a plaything for some young Turk from Russia who has an inexhaustible supply of money (wonder where that came from?) and the place is trying way too hard to be "cool/the IN place to be, and all those other superlatives (just look at the photos)."

Personally, I don't see the appeal -- so many other places around the island that can provide all of what this aspires to be and with not only the benefit of being well-established, but (perhaps partially because of this) better in quality and "vibe."

And on a side note, Lipa Noi has a "beach" like the banks of a lake. No waves, dirty-colored sand and about as stimulating as a glass of water with sand in the bottom.

Nikki Beach is a franchise.

Having followed them from their New-York beginnings; then: Miami, Marbella, Saint-Tropez, Marrakech, Cabo San Lucas..., I can only wish all the best, every time a new venture is under progress.

Unfortunately for the investors, Samui is not the place and will never be the place for that type of clientele.

I wish them all the best but I am worried that Samui will decrease the potential appeal of the brand itself...

Anyway, the best beach club (for me) in SE-Asia was, is & will stay Kudeta, Bali, Indonesia.

my friend got the invite via the xpat club but it looked like an event being organized by samui's famous party planner so i had to take a pass, as her events always come with glitches such as (not enough bar staff or food or booze) the russian girls may have made the vent worth going.

Been dragged by the wife to a few events like that as well, and have always been disappointed- a good party is about the guests, not about "ME" (the 'host'). :)

First off, I'm not "cool" and don't own anything close to the white outfits people were wearing at the "opening" of the place. I am not buff and I don't use preparations in my hair to look fashionable. I am not rich and think spending 280 baht for pad thai (no joke) is making fools out of the customers.

ditto.

The music (remember I am not cool) during the day was perplexing (much like Swing Bar in Lamai) when you think it would be the time to play some nice, relaxing-by-the-pool, chill-out music; instead, they play the nighttime throbbing base notes-where's-the-E-I'm-totally-zoned DUNG DUNG DUNG stuff. What's the deal with that? It is music written for people to get up and move to, not sit relaxed at poolside. I am also not sure what the deal is with having a human DJ there. The several hours I was there could have been done via recording instead of some dude and NO one would have noticed.

I agree with this as well. I was there Saturday afternoon and the music was like you hear at Ark Bar at night. I figured the DJ was just practising for the evening.

My total impression was that Nikki Beach is a plaything for some young Turk from Russia who has an inexhaustible supply of money (wonder where that came from?) and the place is trying way too hard to be "cool/the IN place to be, and all those other superlatives (just look at the photos)."

Personally, I don't see the appeal -- so many other places around the island that can provide all of what this aspires to be and with not only the benefit of being well-established, but (perhaps partially because of this) better in quality and "vibe."

It's obviously owned by someone with money to burn. My overall impression was a positive but by the size of it, it should be in Chaweng where the people are instead of the sparsely populated where it is.

And on a side note, Lipa Noi has a "beach" like the banks of a lake. No waves, dirty-colored sand and about as stimulating as a glass of water with sand in the bottom.

OK, we were disappointed about this as well. I suggested we go to Nikki Beach because, 1) I wanted to see it, and 2) my guests wanted to relax along the beach. Well, there was really no beach so we settled for poolside.

P5021769_small.jpg

Edited by koheesti

Interesting comments from Mark Wolfe, I tents to agree to most of them... but

I personally disagree about Lipa Noi beach, is and will remain one of the best white sandy beach on the island, unspoiled,

not vendors, real charming tropical atmosphere, something a tourist see on photos with palms and blue Crystal water,

BUT there are seasons (like now) where the beach is not there and the sea not nice, the same in Chaweng during monsoons season,

no sand, no beach, but still many annoying vendors and the same bad small all around you...

I believe Lipa Noi will become pretty soon one of the best place on the island for a more family oriented holidays and upper class people,

but it is only my opinion.

Le Meridian (Taling Nam Resort), Dhevatara, The Place Villas & Resort, Ban Sabai, Nikki's are the most important

in a range of 3 Km, so may be I'm wrong but we will see.

Cheers

Went to the one in miami in 2004 when Radio 1 were there ...

Amazing place,

Is this one "offical franchise" or just using the name?

"official franchise", yes indeed!

Apologies for being so thick but are you serious or taking the p*ss ?

Went to the one in miami in 2004 when Radio 1 were there ...

Amazing place,

Is this one "offical franchise" or just using the name?

"official franchise", yes indeed!

Apologies for being so thick but are you serious or taking the p*ss ?

Just check their official worldwide website