Breadmaker

Hi to everyone!

Could anyone tell is it possible to buy in Thailand a breadmaker Panasonic or Moulinex? (verasu.com has only Severin)

Thanx!

I have been looking for years, without result. I bought my machine in the home country, but unfortunately, it died a couple of weeks ago :o Local technician can't help me, so I'm afraid I will become a customer of overpriced Verasu :D

Hi to everyone!

Could anyone tell is it possible to buy in Thailand a breadmaker Panasonic or Moulinex? (verasu.com has only Severin)

Thanx!

I have seen breadmakers for sale at the electronics department at the Paragorn department store. Not sure if they offer the brands you mention (Panasonic or Moulinex).

Hi to everyone!

Thanx!

the problem with the bread makers is you have to get that specific bread maker machine flour. :o

Not true you can either use pre prepared bread mixes or use hard flour yeast and sugar as per any Bread recipe.

Hi to everyone!

Thanx!

the problem with the bread makers is you have to get that specific bread maker machine flour. :o

I have a panasonic bread maker and it does not make good bread using local flour. The special breadmaking flour might be available at Villa but very expensive. However the BM's make excellant dough for Pizza or Bread using local flour. Then use your oven for the baking process

Hi to everyone!

Thanx!

PM thaigerd about the consumables as I know he supplies it through his work.

Hi to everyone!

Thanx!

Not true you can either use pre prepared bread mixes or use hard flour yeast and sugar as per any Bread recipe.

Harry is right. You can use bread flour or all-purpose flour equally well. Pastry flour lacks the necessary amount of gluten to make a good loaf.

The issue with bread machine bread is that the machine is unable to properly knead the dough. It uses a far wetter dough than you would use to make bread by hand to overcome this issue. The resulting loaf is good enough to eat, and better than the local mass-produced Wonderbread analogue. It is far inferior to bread made by hand, however.

I am sure about the flour! Can find mostly any supermarket.

The question is breadmaker.. :o

BTW- yesterday I was checking all the shops in Pattaya (starting from Tesco and finishing Power Buy- I got 2 types of answer

1. No have madam!

2. What's that?

:D

Emeraldina, the only bread machines I have seen in Thailand are the Severin and Princess brands. I have the Severin and am actually quite pleased with it. It has an excellent variety of cycles, and the manual that comes with it has an English section that includes several recipes.

BTW- yesterday I was checking all the shops in Pattaya (starting from Tesco and finishing Power Buy- I got 2 types of answer

1. No have madam!

2. What's that?

I think you have a new Central in Pattaya. Possibly try there as theyhave them in the central stores in Chiangmai.

After looking all over Chiang Mai, I finally checked with verasu and they offered a severin and a hitachi for a little more THB. I chose the hitachi based on positive user reports and negative reports on the severin [re service].

I have had the hitachi for 2 months now and am really pleased with it. It's a basic machine [which is good for me] and makes the best bread in Chiang Mai.

and up here there is a shop that specializes in baking supplies, where I can get all kinds of exotic flours....whole wheat, buckwheat etc and their basic bread flour is only 34THB/k.

Hi to everyone!

Thanx!

I have a Hitachi breadmaker. The body of the breadmaker is constructed from steel, and the whole thing is very robust. It was bought in Thailand and I have now used it for several years. The drive belt failed recently but the Hitachi service center still stocked replacement parts for this model (even though it is now discontinued). I reckon it should last for several more years.

Bread machine flour? You've got to be joking. Any high-protein flour can be used for making bread.

1. No have madam!

2. What's that?

I think you have a new Central in Pattaya. Possibly try there as theyhave them in the central stores in Chiangmai.

Maybe they didn't understand you? You need to ask for เครื่องทำขนมปัง (kru-ang tum kanom bpang). You'll only find them in areas where there are foreign shoppers. Thais don't buy them.

I know it's a bit off topic, but I've just recently picked up baking bread and I thought I would share a few ideas. :) Tired of the "bread" here, I decided to start researching the seemingly daunting task of making bread! Guess what I learned? It's freaking dead easy. I mean, if people who thought the earth was flat and could only count to 20 could do it, you certainly can.... and without any very expensive and very breakable machine or "special" flour.

My suggestion to anyone interested is to search for "No-Knead Bread" and "artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" on google. They're super-easy recipes designed for people today. They don't require constant babysitting, a lot of special equipment, skill or time. And the reward to effort ratio is VERY high... great bread, lovely smells when you bake and the praise of your friends when you bring them FRESH BREAD make this an excellent hobby.

The only equipment you really need to make very good bread is an oven (I use my large toaster-oven style joby with great results), a big dutch oven or covered casserole dish and some basic kitchen tools like measuring spoons/cups. The ingredients for the bread are the same as they have been since the creation of the first leavened bread: Flour, yeast, salt and water. You can use white, wheat, rye or any mixture you desire!

I actually prefer the Artisan in 5 minutes method. It only requires 5 minutes a day because you make up a big batch of dough and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. When you want fresh bread, just cut off a bit, let it rise and bake (also no/very little kneading!). Done!

Forget the machines. Go handmade! You'll save A LOT of money and it's actually really fun!

Forget the machines. Go handmade! You'll save A LOT of money and it's actually really fun!

If you have an oven and the time then I agree completely with this. You could even pick up a large kitchen aid type mixer for around 12,000 baht and use that to knead up nice big batches of dough instead of sweating over it by hand.

I haven't seen any Panasonic bread makers here, maybe you could try contacting them through Panasonic Thailand and see if they are available here. Before I switched to hand made bread I had a couple of machines, including a Panasonic which actually did a pretty good job for a machine, much better than what passes for bread in the shops here.

They DID understand!!!

Living here for some years I am taught to take with me pics and thai names for the things I want to buy which are unusual for thai or not common for their culture! :D

And that time I was with my thai friend. :D

The question is breadmaker.. :)

1. No have madam!

2. What's that?

Maybe they didn't understand you? You need to ask for เครื่องทำขนมปัง (kru-ang tum kanom bpang). You'll only find them in areas where there are foreign shoppers. Thais don't buy them.

Hitachi is not bad too! :)

I mentioned about Panasonic and Moulinex because I was searching the peoples' opinions and these two were on top. The third was Hitachi.

Someone wrote that Hitachi breadmaker can find in Thailand, so I will try my best..

Hi to everyone!

Thanx!

the problem with the bread makers is you have to get that specific bread maker machine flour. :D

I have a Hitachi breadmaker. The body of the breadmaker is constructed from steel, and the whole thing is very robust. It was bought in Thailand and I have now used it for several years. The drive belt failed recently but the Hitachi service center still stocked replacement parts for this model (even though it is now discontinued). I reckon it should last for several more years.

Bread machine flour? You've got to be joking. Any high-protein flour can be used for making bread.

Someone wrote that Hitachi breadmaker can find in Thailand, so I will try my best..

My local Verasu on Chaengwattana has a Hitachi breadmaker. It might be worth visiting a store instead of just checking on their website.

Checking verasu.com can find only 2 breadmakers Severin!

Thanx for the information about shop on Chaeh Wattana. I will try to call them.

My local Verasu on Chaengwattana has a Hitachi breadmaker. It might be worth visiting a store instead of just checking on their website.

Edited by emeraldina

I know it's a bit off topic, but I've just recently picked up baking bread and I thought I would share a few ideas. :) Tired of the "bread" here, I decided to start researching the seemingly daunting task of making bread! Guess what I learned? It's freaking dead easy. I mean, if people who thought the earth was flat and could only count to 20 could do it, you certainly can.... and without any very expensive and very breakable machine or "special" flour.

My suggestion to anyone interested is to search for "No-Knead Bread" and "artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" on google. They're super-easy recipes designed for people today. They don't require constant babysitting, a lot of special equipment, skill or time. And the reward to effort ratio is VERY high... great bread, lovely smells when you bake and the praise of your friends when you bring them FRESH BREAD make this an excellent hobby.

The only equipment you really need to make very good bread is an oven (I use my large toaster-oven style joby with great results), a big dutch oven or covered casserole dish and some basic kitchen tools like measuring spoons/cups. The ingredients for the bread are the same as they have been since the creation of the first leavened bread: Flour, yeast, salt and water. You can use white, wheat, rye or any mixture you desire!

I actually prefer the Artisan in 5 minutes method. It only requires 5 minutes a day because you make up a big batch of dough and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. When you want fresh bread, just cut off a bit, let it rise and bake (also no/very little kneading!). Done!

Having been certified baker/confectioner for over 2 decades i have to agree to that...Making Bread is not difficult. Making great bread is another story but still doable and if you get experience doing things by hand you will also get the right feeling for it. The breadmaker is nice to have and i even have one because i was lacking space and the oven ...now that i have an Oven and workspace i don't use the breadmaker at all. If anyone interested let me know , breadmaker doesn't come from a famous brand but worked very well . Actually still looks new too:-)

mbox

• 1 month later...

By the way- who is interesting in breadmakers...

Yesterday I saw in HOME PRO (Carrefour) a breadmaker Fagor brand, price about 5000 bath.

They have only 1 as an example, if someone needs they make order and have to wait 7-10 days.

(Hmmm... I ordered Panasonic already in my country and now waiting for friends to come to Thailand)

Best regards!

1. No have madam!

2. What's that?

I think I saw one in INDEX some time back. I have a Panasonic but it is not too good. I am going to try Kenwood it has more control options

Oh really?!?!?! :D:D:D

Could you please write the model of Panasonic breadmaker you have.

Thanx.

1. No have madam!

2. What's that?

I think I saw one in INDEX some time back. I have a Panasonic but it is not too good. I am going to try Kenwood it has more control options

Hi to everyone!

Thanx!

the problem with the bread makers is you have to get that specific bread maker machine flour. :)

Correct. But if you wanted to buy ready mixes try Tops International Supermarket. I bought a ready mix at their store at The Crystal.