Setting Up Costs For A Spa Resort

Hi all,

I'd like to find out the costs involved in building a Resort with about 10 rooms or so catering to Spa, Massage and Yoga. Land size should be about 10 acres (25 rai).

Is there somewhere I can read up on the above? Or does anyone here have the experience to share?

Thank you.

most likely in chiang mai (up the mountains).

PS. my apologies to Groongthep. My log in is on auto, don't know why I was logged in as Groongthep! Only realised when I was checking my post.

Edited by khaojao

There is an industry organisation for spas, it is based in Sukumvit near the Landmark. One of the members here is employed there, if they show up on this thread their information is very useful.

Otherwise do a business plan and do your own research, talk to builders, property developers and potential local partners to get the data you need. Look at the others in the market, try to define a unique selling point for your concept, or just find a place that has a successful spa and copy what they are doing, poach one or two of their staff and off you go.

35000 baht per sqm is far too high.

An average development will charge you 13000 Baht per sqm. And this is the selling price.

It always depends too on the quality but it should not be more than 20000 Baht.

not if the bathroom fixtures are 24k gold :o

thanks guys, once i have more details on this i will contact builders there. i do actually have a rough design i'm hoping to use, but that would of coz depend on the costs involved. i'm looking at the land areas near the hot springs in chiang mai so that i can incorporate that into the Spa's features (selling point).

what about purchasing an already set up Spa Resort? Would that lower my costs?

thanks once agian

thanks guys, once i have more details on this i will contact builders there. i do actually have a rough design i'm hoping to use, but that would of coz depend on the costs involved. i'm looking at the land areas near the hot springs in chiang mai so that i can incorporate that into the Spa's features (selling point).

what about purchasing an already set up Spa Resort? Would that lower my costs?

thanks once agian

A year ago I drove around the Mae Rim/Mae saa valley and Samoeng area and there were a couple of empty hotels and hotels/spa resorts that I spotted. I would imagine after another year of slow business there could be more ready for sale and or bankrupt. Take a slow drive around, you might find a bargain.

Regards Bojo

ecotourism? you mean tents?

Bla..this is not like your typ camping trip, grandpa!!!

Ecotourism is where people make their holiday choices based on ethical decisions with regarding to the sustainable environment issues in mind.

Like hang-gliding over/across the national rain forest zoo of CostaRica instead of walking through it….to see the birds and the bees.....

Ecotourism is where people make their holiday choices based on ethical decisions with regarding to the sustainable environment issues in mind.

Like hang-gliding over/across the national rain forest zoo of CostaRica instead of walking through it….to see the birds and the bees.....

LOL.........hare krishna....hare hare hare....

Another fashion word to sell less for more money

LOL.........hare krishna....hare hare hare....

Another fashion word to sell less for more money

Ok here one for U…

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Now may be he can help waxing a moon that spreads the white lotus of good fortune for all living entities, including YOU....

If you don’t think that….”sell less for more money” is also a good business sense

Am I making sense huh?……hmm :)

in all honesty, i'm not hoping to earn more by making the resort eco-friendly. it's a retirement job so no intention of charging more than the normal resort rates of that class too. only hoping to cut setup costs by not having to import stuff, hence wondering how supportive the thai community/government is on ecotourism.

no offense but you havent posted anything that would make me think you got a snowballs chance in hel_l to survive. one room per acre? wasnt about ecotoruism at all just wanted cheap, posters says area filled w losers.

i'm sorry my english is not that good to understand what you have posted. but it's ok. i'm only doing ballpark research on what kind of resorts would work in thailand.

thank you all kindly. moderators may lock this thread. i will do my research elsewhere.

thank you once again.

I met some people that have a 'detox' resort in south thailand and they laugh all the way to the bank, because by putting the name 'detox' on their resort they can get away with charging 5x for the rooms, not feeding the customers (fasting) and giving them a enema bag to do the job themselves

seems like a great racket/