Recommended Real Estate Agents In Chiang Mai

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

Does anyone have any real estate agents they would recommend in Chiang Mai? I might be renting out a house and would like to work with someone with a good track record. Feel free to also let me know any agents to avoid.

Thanks.

At the risk of upsetting the sponsor, I find them somewhat expensive or limited - I just did a quick search ofr any house in any area with 4 beds and no other options set up to 50k Baht/month (rent) and got only 1 hit @ 35k (30k > 6months). I would suggest using the Classifieds link at the top to get a good selection - this will give you some agents to choose from, then ask here if anyone has exerience with those particular agents. :o

Does anyone have any real estate agents they would recommend in Chiang Mai? I might be renting out a house and would like to work with someone with a good track record. Feel free to also let me know any agents to avoid.

Thanks.

What do you mean by "I might be renting out a house"? Are you the prospective renter or do you have a house to rent out to someone? It makes a difference in how you go about it. My wife is an agent so I have one viewpoint and I'll give you my take on it.

There are many properties available right now, but not many buyers or renters. So if you have a property to rent out, you should go with the larger agencies that do a lot of advertising, as they will be the most likely to draw a renter for your property. Sunbelt is also a ThaiVisa sponsor and they do the largest amount of advertising of their listings. Smaller agencies may have a lot of listings, but they may not have the budget and advertising exposure to draw the potential renters.

If you are looking for a place to rent then you may have to do a lot of work yourself in sorting out what is available. There is no multiple listing service, in spite of recent efforts to get one in place, so you may have to deal with many agents and search the classifieds to find what you want. Dealing with multiple agents is going to be frustrating, as many websites are out of date and differenct agents will show you the same property, because the owner has listed it with everyone in town.

If I were you I would post here what you are looking for, how many years you expect to lease, what price range, what areas would you consider. You will probably get several PMs from agents or owners or someone who knows someone with a place to rent. Also post this information on the free classifieds as 'rental house wanted in Chiang Mai', with your contact information. Use TV classfieds, chiangmaiclassifieds.net, craigslist, citylife classifieds and others that you can find.

Agents usually don't charge to show you their listed homes, unless you want to hire them to drive you around for hours and look at many areas. They get their commission from the owner and it should not affect the price you pay. So if you want to go all out, contact several agents and let them know what you are looking for. If it were me I would contact Ed at Sunbelt, Gary at First National, Nai at Chiang Mai Properties and Claus at House in Chiang Mai. These are brokers that I personally know and they have good inventories of listings, but I can't say that I know everything about their service or what they have availble right now. PM me if you want to contact my wife as she has some houses for between 5,000 and 15,000 in Mae Jo area and some south of Airport Plaza/Lotus area right now, and some up to 45,000 in various areas. You said house, but if you want a condo then that opens up a lot of possibilities. Good luck, Don

rental_contract.pdf

Edited by drtreelove

What about Jasmine homes, I've had a few friends rent through them and they we're very happy with an informative service. I think the owners a Brit and the shop is basedd in San Sai.

Regards Bojo

Thanks.

Hello,

Would you be interested in a newly renovated three bedrooms and two bathrooms house with a nice garden at the foot of the Suthep mountain? It is tastefully decorated, has new air conditioners in all bedrooms and a new modern kitchen.

Your sincerely,

Punthong