Inexpensive Apartments In Chiang Mai?

Manahale

My gf and her 7 year old daughter are looking for an inexpensive apartment in Chiang Mai. She refuses to pay more than 3,000 baht. She is paying 1,000 now. Simple apartments for Thais are never listed in the forum or online, so perhaps some of you out there have an inside scoop on something that might be available. We have started the visa process and would need the apartment for 6-12 months. Thanks for your help. Rob

There is a sign advertising apts from 2000 baht in a building right next door to Chai Mansions ( on the north side of the Nakornping Condominium) just off Hueyi Kaew Road not far from Kad Saun Gaew. I have no idea what the rooms are like, though.

My gf and her 7 year old daughter are looking for an inexpensive apartment in Chiang Mai. She refuses to pay more than 3,000 baht. She is paying 1,000 now. Simple apartments for Thais are never listed in the forum or online, so perhaps some of you out there have an inside scoop on something that might be available. We have started the visa process and would need the apartment for 6-12 months. Thanks for your help. Rob

I know nothing of this place otehr than they've got an add on the site. Chiang Mai Sabai Apartments

Good luck

Aitch

She is Akha. And I asked her the same thing. She is very shy about asking for help for anything. I have called a few thai ppl I know, but they did not know of anything at the moment. That is why I posted.

Is she Thai? If so, why doesn't she just ask some other Thais? Word of mouth is usually the best for inexpensive places like that.

She is Akha. And I asked her the same thing. She is very shy about asking for help for anything. I have called a few thai ppl I know, but they did not know of anything at the moment. That is why I posted.
Is she Thai? If so, why doesn't she just ask some other Thais? Word of mouth is usually the best for inexpensive places like that.

There's a building on Sirimankalajarn Soi 1 that has apts for 2,500 baht and another on Soi 3 or 5 in the same price range. I looked at them 2 years ago for a friend and thought they were fair value for the price.

there are many places in the Nimmanhemin area as well as Huay Kaew. Lots of students reside there as well, who usually dont spend too much on their apartments as well. if you got a mobike, go there and drive around a bit, you'll find something for sure.

Cheers,

Mitknight