Best Internet

7robbie7

Is there any difference between T&T and TT&T?

Its TOT and TT&T

Is there a difference between TOT & TT&T?

TOT is government owned, TT&T is a private company. However, all TT&T's phone lines are from TOT..

TT&T (I have found) provide much better internet service, though.

Hope this helps! I have tried to translate it best I could, had to ask my thai BF for the info.. So hope I got it correct! :o

I'm using Maxnet and its great.. I think my speed is 5MB, 1,000 baht a month approx.

No it's not. U got 2mb/1mb and it's 1090 Baht/m + VAT. TT&T Maxnet premier.

Never had any probs,steady dl at approx.1700/kbps...24/7.

Meg_2003 is on the Indy package, which offers much higher speeds at very low price, but at the cost of a high sharing ratio resulting in high latency and poor speeds during busy times...

I'm using Maxnet and its great.. I think my speed is 5MB, 1,000 baht a month approx.

You guys are getting screwed. I have TT&T Maxnet three megabyte, for 590 Baht a month plus tax. I use to live in Pattaya, but now live in Korat.

Barry

it all really depends on your location and line quality. i have the same connecting in my office and my home, my office on the main road i get max dl speeds - no downtime, by home about 200m from my office is lucky to stay alive for 6 hours solid.

Woah.. Who are you? You really think you know me, huh :D

Check out your info before trying to prove me wrong.

http://www.maxnet.co.th/product_adsl.php

As shown on above website,

Package - 5120/512 - 1000 baht

So, as I said earlier :o To the OP, Im on around 5MB for a thousand baht a month. Always really fast internet and never had any problems :D

The Indy and The Premier packages from Maxnet are very different. As Monty has said they vary based on the number of folks sharing the line.

I had Indy here in Pattaya and while speeds inside Thailand were good, everything came to a crawl when reaching USA or Europe.

Also when people started their late afternoon early eve surfing/gaming my speeds also went way down.

I bought premier and have a MUCH faster link to the sites I want. Also less slowing at busy times. I hope to buy a higher level connection when again offered.

What Barry has, and I suspect Meg_2003, is the lower cost per unit Indy. Perhaps in Korat

the Indy package is not as hampered by line sharing. Also Meg_2003 maybe in a lucky pocket of town where the line is as yet not overused.

It was impossibly slow for me despite the nice high advert numbers.

I also have found Maxnet's speed test to be irrelevant to USA web site surfing speeds.

If most of your use is in Thailand, by all means save money and use Maxnet's Indy service. Also give it a try

for your local, may be fine for all your uses. If not, go premier.

Well I cannot have Maxnet as it is not in my area as yet.

Originaly I was using the old fashioned dial up method,, which is ok as a spare to fall back on, but really really slow, so I opted for Loxinfo at 1.000 bt per month, it was'nt much faster than dial up to be honest, it was a load of rubbish, but i had signed a 12 month contract. The day my 12 months was up I got them to come and take the dish away.

I am now using TOT, its great, I pay 700 bt per month, this is for the telephone line and internet with 400 bts worth of free telephone calls every month(within Thailand - not international). The internet speed seems great for me, I think it is 1.5 mb.

I am very happy with it and saving money compared to before..

Well I cannot have Maxnet as it is not in my area as yet.

Originaly I was using the old fashioned dial up method,, which is ok as a spare to fall back on, but really really slow, so I opted for Loxinfo at 1.000 bt per month, it was'nt much faster than dial up to be honest, it was a load of rubbish, but i had signed a 12 month contract. The day my 12 months was up I got them to come and take the dish away.

I am now using TOT, its great, I pay 700 bt per month, this is for the telephone line and internet with 400 bts worth of free telephone calls every month(within Thailand - not international). The internet speed seems great for me, I think it is 1.5 mb.

I am very happy with it and saving money compared to before..

You have to be a bit careful with saying Loxinfo is not good.

The system you had was iPSTAR, which is internet through a satellite dish. Loxinfo also offers internet through ADSL lines, which is something different altogether!

Actually TOT, which now gives you internet through ADSL (phone line) also offers internet through iPSTAR, and it is just as crap as what loxinfo gets you on iPSTAR, although cheaper :)

Just received a leaflet yesterday that Maxnet also offer internet service without having to have a Phone line. They said only certain area's can have this option, Im in the soi Arunothai area. Interesting.

Interesting!

I've actually noticed that the company which is subcontracted by TT&T to put up micro Dslam's, is putting lots of hem up, often very close to where they already have one!

Which is a good and smart move as many people want ADSL but don't need a phone line, along with the fact in many area's the phone lines are full!

Noticed it mainly on Soi Siam Country Club road, already 3 units up on a 3 km stretch.

Actually CAT does the same, ADSL without phone service.

Just received a leaflet yesterday that Maxnet also offer internet service without having to have a Phone line. They said only certain area's can have this option, Im in the soi Arunothai area. Interesting.

Is this wireless internet, the sort you buy a scratchcard for?

Is this wireless internet, the sort you buy a scratchcard for?

Nope, they will just pull a cable to your house, same as a telephone cable but without actual telephone signal on it, only ADSL signal. You'll have to subscribe to one of their maxnet packages, but will not have to pay any phone bills.

CAT does the same, dedicated internet cable to your house...