Change Of Address Notification

You both are required to notify immigration.

You are required to do it within 24 hours. This rule is not often enforced but it would not hurt to do it.

Link for form: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm28.pdf

The owner is required and uses this form: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

I changed addresses as well, I gave them the new details upon doing my 90 day, no problems.

As for the owner notifying Immigration, I believe if this was enforced there would be no problem

with "Overstay".

It would not be an overstay. Overstay is when you fail to leave the country when your permit to stay runs out.

I changed addresses as well, I gave them the new details upon doing my 90 day, no problems.

As for the owner notifying Immigration, I believe if this was enforced there would be no problem

with "Overstay".

It would not be an overstay. Overstay is when you fail to leave the country when your permit to stay runs out.

You have failed to see the point, if all farangs were registered by the house owners then Immigration would have the addresses of all farangs and could cross check the arrival cards or using a database could find out who was on Overstay, then they could pick that person up.

But we all know, house owners do not do this and Thai Immigration does not have the database or the required software to enter all details of farangs in

When I moved from Bkk to Pattaya last month, I filled up the form 28 (change of address) and presented this form at Pattaya immigration. They asked me: "What form is this? - No need - come back to us for the 90 days reporting". In the meantime I just did this. If you live in Pattaya, you waste your time with the form 28 reporting.

wCA

with "Overstay".

You have failed to see the point, if all farangs were registered by the house owners then Immigration would have the addresses of all farangs and could cross check the arrival cards or using a database could find out who was on Overstay, then they could pick that person up.

But we all know, house owners do not do this and Thai Immigration does not have the database or the required software to enter all details of farangs in

I did miss your point. But that is because the topic was not about overstaying.

Immigration does have a data base of addresses. The address you put on your arrival card is put into their computer system. If you stay in a hotel, guesthouse and some apartements they notify immigration that you are staying there.

I would guess that some home owners are aware that they have to report and do it.

How do you think some of the people that have been caught here because they were wanted by the police in another country.

Immigration is not that concerned about overstay so they don't check for that in the system unless for some reason a person is brought to their attention.

I recently handed in a change of address fom (at Suan Plu) and the form was literally chucked in the bin. "No need" I was told.