How Much Does Internet/service Cost On An Iphone

I'm on a post-paid contract with DTAC and i have 'subscribed' to their 20hrs per month GPRS deal at 99b - so far i have never gone over '20hrs of use' a month. I dont consider myself a heavy user however.

They also offer an 'Unlimited' GPRS deal at 999b per month - if your a heavy or extreme user this would be better. I think other providers have similar deals. So it very much depends on your usage :)

3G, however, is more expensive - but i dont have the costs handy for that :D

Hi Tony, i use True at home 4MB package and now i paid roughly 1000 baht a month plus free internet x my mobile that need a username and password, untill last month they were charging me more than twice that, then they came out with this offer and i am quite happy with it (can watch many European tv channels on the net for free).

How does it work? What sim card companies can you use? Rates? Etc. Thanks.

On One2Call pay as you go it's easy dial *138 and you can subscribe to a monthly package from 50 baht for 6 hours then they just deduct off your balance every month, dial *139# to find your minutes remaining.

How does it work? What sim card companies can you use? Rates? Etc. Thanks.

On One2Call pay as you go it's easy dial *138 and you can subscribe to a monthly package from 50 baht for 6 hours then they just deduct off your balance every month, dial *139# to find your minutes remaining.

30 hrs for bt99 is surely what you mean

\ou use? Rates? Etc. Thanks.

30 hrs for bt99 is surely what you mean

No, it starts at 6 hours for 50 baht but the more hours you buy the cheaper it gets, I only buy 50 bahts worth for when I'm travelling on the bus to Bangkok once a month to stop me getting bored.

I pay 100B for maybe 20hrs a month of EDGE service on one of the older iphones

this is with 12Call pre-paid

its good for checking email and spot browsing, but wont stream video (but then again my home connection wont stream video...)

The "trouble" with 12Call is that they have so many different packages. We are really spoiled for choice.

If you buy a 12Call "Netsim" for 210 baht, that includes 30 hours GPRS/EDGE connection usable within 30 days. Thereafter it will renew automatically charging 99 baht for a further 30 hours. No carry forward of unused hours. 100 baht buys a further 30 days validity for the Sim, so if you just keep topping up 100 baht every 30 days that gives you an average daily availability of one hour GPRS/EDGE. If you travel with a laptop this beats typical Internet Cafe deals both on price and ease of access.

can you please clarify how you use these scratch cards to buy internet time? do you just dial a number and enter the information and they credit account separately from your sim card? your sim card company does not have to be the same as internet provider?

can you please clarify how you use these scratch cards to buy internet time? do you just dial a number and enter the information and they credit account separately from your sim card? your sim card company does not have to be the same as internet provider?

If you are using prepaid sims then you should have credit in your phone. Supposing for dtac EDGE service, they charge you 105 baht for 40 hrs, you should have atleast 105 baht in your balance or else when you register it wont be registered.

Yes you have to dial *1004 to register edge service for dtac.

With one2call all you need do is dail *138 and select which package you want, then every month they'll deduct that amount of money direct from your balnce, you don't need to do anything else apart from having enough money on your phone to cover the monthly charge. you can check your minutes balance by texting *139#

I use the NetSIM 30 hours for 99baht and the do carry the hours over. For example I my package renews on the 9th of the month. I usually burn through that in a couple of weeks. Then purchase an additional 30 hours for 99baht. On the 9th next month the leftover hours are added to the new 30.

I use the NetSIM 30 hours for 99baht and the do carry the hours over. For example I my package renews on the 9th of the month. I usually burn through that in a couple of weeks. Then purchase an additional 30 hours for 99baht. On the 9th next month the leftover hours are added to the new 30.

I do not know about a surplus from a "mid-month top-up" but I was expressly told when I registered my first NetSim that any unused balance of the basic 30 hours would not carry forward upon the monthly renewal. This was an employee on their 1175 help/info line. I have never had any such surplus to put it to the test, though.

DTAC post paid has a 100 hr package for 500 BHT that doesn't expire. I am using 12Call prepaid 20h / 100Bht but it expires and doesn't carry forward. So the DTAC would be a better deal.

Back when I got this DTAC didn't have EDGE where I live, and AIS did, so AIS was much faster. Now they both have EDGE so it doesn't matter, maybe DTAC would often be better because fewer people are using it? The way it works is that phone calls always take priority over data connections so if there are many ppl around you making calls, your speed will drop dramatically.

• 5 months later...

If you buy a 12Call "Netsim" for 210 baht, that includes 30 hours GPRS/EDGE connection usable within 30 days. Thereafter it will renew automatically charging 99 baht for a further 30 hours. No carry forward of unused hours. 100 baht buys a further 30 days validity for the Sim, so if you just keep topping up 100 baht every 30 days that gives you an average daily availability of one hour GPRS/EDGE.

Hi,

I just bought one of these 12Call "Netsim" for 210 baht yesterday and so far has been great compared to dial-up :)

At the time I bought it the girl said it was 3.3 baht an hour and didn't mention the 30 hour thing. What happens if you go over the 30 hours in the first month?

Say you use up the 30 hours in 15 days, do you then get charged another 99 baht for a further 30 hours lasting another month?

Cheers, YBB

I just bought one of these 12Call "Netsim" for 210 baht yesterday and so far has been great compared to dial-up  :)

I just found this info on it...

http://www.12call.ais.co.th/en/Content/Sim...mNetsim210.html

All sounds OK except it's 1 baht a minute after the 30 hours is used up.

In the Terms & Conditions it has:-

In case of failure to deduct a monthly fee from the current balance, a new rate will be applied (1 baht/minute for GPRS and 3 baht/minute for the first minute of every call; 2 baht for each subsequent minute 24 hours) After topping up credit, customer can press *777*77# to resume the service at the same rate. The new billing cycle will be effective on the date which the call is made.

I wonder if I can reset the billing cycle and get another 30 hours at 99 baht!

Anyone know?

Cheers YBB

Unlimited GPRS/EDGE costs 900 baht/unlimited post-paid from AIS. My monthly invoice clearly showed that this was a bargain for me. The AIS invoice shows your actual cost and usage of GPRS, and then credits it back (except for 900 baht) if you have the unlimited plan. My actual use was 22,000 baht!

Unlimited GPRS/EDGE on iphone is available for 650baht per month. All you do is ask for the Blackberry service at 650baht per month which includes free gprs/edge. You don't need to have/use a blackberry for this.

Top tip :)

Unlimited GPRS/EDGE on iphone is available for 650baht per month. All you do is ask for the Blackberry service at 650baht per month which includes free gprs/edge. You don't need to have/use a blackberry for this.

Top tip :)

Is that from AIS?

I just bought one of these 12Call "Netsim" for 210 baht yesterday and so far has been great compared to dial-up  :)

I just found this info on it...

http://www.12call.ais.co.th/en/Content/Sim...mNetsim210.html

All sounds OK except it's 1 baht a minute after the 30 hours is used up.

In the Terms & Conditions it has:-

In case of failure to deduct a monthly fee from the current balance, a new rate will be applied (1 baht/minute for GPRS and 3 baht/minute for the first minute of every call; 2 baht for each subsequent minute 24 hours) After topping up credit, customer can press *777*77# to resume the service at the same rate. The new billing cycle will be effective on the date which the call is made.

I wonder if I can reset the billing cycle and get another 30 hours at 99 baht!

Anyone know?

By the way, the reason I got this 1-2-Call "Netsim" was because I come here every few months and didn't want to get post paid otherwise that "Blackberry service at 650baht per month which includes free gprs/edge."  ...sounds good.

Cheers YBB

• Like 1

20 hours are plenty for me as long as I don't turn on push services, and leave email on manual checking. I use it a fair bit but haven't exceeded 20 hours yet.

If you turn on push, the phone actually is constantly connected, so it's using up your hours in real time. I tested this out, let push run for an hour, checked my GPRS minutes before and after - I had used up exactly 60 minutes. So push is basically an always-on connection which also explains why it's eating up your battery so fast.

I use Push 24/7 and a lot of general use of the phone including wifi on the 3gs getting about 27 hours on average.

I would class this as moderate-heavy use including all aspects of the phone.

Push usage requires a data plan based on MB or unlimited data as opposed to a minute based plan.