How Much Does Internet/service Cost On An Iphone

^^^ yes, I just wasted 600 Baht on this... I ran out of my 20 hours without knowing, then got switched to 1B/minute, and unfortunately I had just loaded 600 baht on my phone. A few hours later... zero! Whoops. I even called AIS but the service rep was so charming that I didn't even try to complain. He even told me "You need a Blackberry from AIS for the Blackberry unlimited plan" "I don't have a Blackberry" "Well... you can still get the Blackberry unlimited plan"... hehehe :)

AIS has 50 hours for 200 Baht too, I might switch to that. I now like to turn on Push sometimes so I can stay online on Yahoo Messenger (great iPhone client BTW)... and push is eating the minutes like there's no tomorrow...

He even told me "You need a Blackberry from AIS for the Blackberry unlimited plan" "I don't have a Blackberry" "Well... you can still get the Blackberry unlimited plan"... hehehe

So he would not sell you the blackberry unlimited plan?

Just call them and say you have a blackberry thats what I did they activated it within minutes :)

I called the serenade club line tho maybe that helped as platinum with them.

He even told me "You need a Blackberry from AIS for the Blackberry unlimited plan" "I don't have a Blackberry" "Well... you can still get the Blackberry unlimited plan"... hehehe

So he would not sell you the blackberry unlimited plan?

Just call them and say you have a blackberry thats what I did they activated it within minutes :)

I called the serenade club line tho maybe that helped as platinum with them.

No, no, between the lines he basically told me I could get a Blackberry plan regardless... pretty much what you did, just say you have one. They are very happy to not check that :D

HDRIDER, you may want to save 350 baht... just switch to the BB plan...

True is nominally the best plan though, postpaid at 599/month unlimited internet plus some free minutes and stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm currently using 12call on my unlocked iPhone. Is there an unlimited data plan for that company, or do I need to switch to AIS or True? If I have to switch, can I keep the phone number I got with 12call?

Thanks.

Hi

AIS is 12call http://www.ais.co.th/en/indexHandset.html

you can get the Black berry plan 650 can be used on any phone, read the tread here, if you are in Phuket i would not use True

Hi

AIS is 12call http://www.ais.co.th/en/indexHandset.html

you can get the Black berry plan 650 can be used on any phone, read the tread here, if you are in Phuket i would not use True

Well yes, I understand that they are the same company. I just thought there might be a difference since one is prepaid and one is postpaid. I just called AIS and apparently I have to use the prepaid service for 3 months, then I can switch to AIS/postpaid at that time. I've only had my phone number a couple of weeks (I'm a n00b expat), so will have to wait awhile to switch. But I will definitely go for the BB 650 plan at that time!

Thanks for all your help!

• 2 months later...
better to buy in USA and figure out a way to unlock... or buy in Hong Kong ... or buy in Thailand?

Only buy factory unlocked.

HK or Thailand are good. HK I think is a bit cheaper. Thailand is also factory unlocked though.

You do _not_ want to deal with the hassle of jailbreaking every time you upgrade your iPhone software.