Irishman Faces Death Penalty For Drugs Arrest

sriracha john

yet again i ask myself if all those people slaggin him off and sentencing him instead of the courts have even taken any kind of drugs or done anything illegal.. if so SHUT IT....

Poor man's gonna spend along time in a rough place..i nor anybody else should wish that on anbody just for drugs

Well here we go again, another idiot! Hang him high, I say. I hope he rots inside the tiger. I hope somebody makes him his biatch! Finally just before he dies from aids, I hope he gets the barbed wire & conduit trick :) .

Life is going to be great for him, fish head soup, crapping in a room in full view of 50 other men, 1 shower a day, stifling heat - no breeze, he'll be watching his candy farang ass 24/7, HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT!

Seriously drug pushers are the pits, who gives a fire truck about GRUBS like this, hope he suffers!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I understand the context of your quote, however it would be interesting to know where he scored his drugs from in the first place....(yes, I've read Bangkok 8 too)

If you are inclined to dabble in drugs, they are extremely easy to find here in Thailand; it is a question of demand. If you now would be inclined to make a business out of it as the last step on the ladder, as a street hustler, all you do is buy a bigger amount, get a discount, and mark it up again.

The amounts he was caught with, in a business sense, were absolutely trivial and easy to source.

That he was obviously inexperienced shows that he had his car loaded with equipment (which makes intent to sell absolutely impossible to deny), did seemingly even the packaging right in front of the customer instead of separating himself from any evidence and only get the drugs brought when the money is there (or have an absolutely tiny amount on location; which means he should not have worked alone). The shops selling fake DVDs here in Patong have sussed this system out, one would have assumed a guy doing serious crime would have thought it through that far. Which means we got an amateur here, and by no means a 'major drugdealer'.

Still, the legal ramifications must have been clear to him; but obviously, they seem to be unclear to our overly excited journalists and whoever out the title up on this thread.

That this guy would receive the maximum penalty is highly unlikely, not only because of the amounts, but because police should have an interest to get the next-higher guy in the supply chain (he might only have a real problem if he was actually in competition to persons with special interests in the police force, but nothing in the facts as presented points in this direction).

i need to talk with this guy please :) RE kevin griffin : briton arrested in Phucket feb 09

A word of warning about being offered drugs in Pattaya.

Late one night I was walking back alone to my hotel from Walking St, I stopped to look out at the sea near the Walking St end of the beach. I was approached by a Thai man who tried to sell me drugs, he had a small bag in his hand and tried to offer it to me, he wanted me to hold it and look into it. I did not touch it and told him in Thai “mai kaph-poon” and walked away.

I am convinced he was an undercover cop and just wanted me to take possession of the drugs.

It would be easy enough for a curious guy with a few drinks on board to get caught out this way.

This is in no way a defence of any guy who gets caught pushing drugs in Thailand, just my experience one night in Pattaya.

Foggy

• 1 month later...
To All you ArmChair Experts

From what i heard he was a major loyalist drug dealer back in belfast and had too leave ….

Word in Pattaya is he also had a lot of guns when the local cops busted him ….

I know him and have no time for him but yes he was a player in Belfast, the only gun he had was a S&W .38 thats in a safe box still.

He was nicked a long while before it was released and he tried hard to set people up to reduce his sentence (Fact happy to prove off line) He was a player in Samaui and had been hot for a long while in Pattaya but I will agree with Spotlight comment that he never had a pot to piss in there is no way he would have 100g ice in his car.

His sentence will be 25-life but will be commuted after serving 4 years in Thailand.

I hope he gets Bombat as a nick its worse than Bang Kwan, but I have a feeling this Irish Man if not already will very soon be home.......

Drugs bust man facing execution

Police said when he was arrested McAuley had 109 grams of crystal ice in his possession, in two packets.

They said he was also in possession of seven tabs of methamphetamine, 11.4 grams of cannabis, and 12 grams of opium as well as a set of scales and 60 bags.

This doesn't carry a big sentence at all. He will probably get around 5 years, and go to Klong Prem which is really okay.

I know of a white guy, selling drugs in Thailand, got arrested with 200 yah bah, and about 15 grams of heroin, he was given 4 years plus a 250,000 baht fine (which he does not have to pay, due to being in jail).

I know of a Thai guy who got caught with about 300 yah bah tabs and he got 2 years and 6 months, and no fine.

So, there you go.

Yeah but this douchebag was in a Fortuner :D:):D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Drugs bust man facing execution

"He is a major drugs dealer in Pattaya," said Police Colonel Jutkate.

That gives me the impression the Police must have known him for a while! ?

:)There's something terrible wrong with the whole story. It seems that he made a lot of business back in Belfast, I guess the cops, mothers and fathers there were really happy that he went to Thailand. But there's no excuse. I saw so many Thais, mentally destroyed from what he was selling....out of his Fortuner. But how could a foreigner do this for years without any problems? Did another Farlang or Thai got busted before? A deal? Some money, but no more honey? Bangkok Hilton is the best place for him to think about how old he will be when they let him back to Belfast......

• 1 month later...
A word of warning about being offered drugs in Pattaya.

Late one night I was walking back alone to my hotel from Walking St, I stopped to look out at the sea near the Walking St end of the beach. I was approached by a Thai man who tried to sell me drugs, he had a small bag in his hand and tried to offer it to me, he wanted me to hold it and look into it. I did not touch it and told him in Thai "mai kaph-poon" and walked away.

I am convinced he was an undercover cop and just wanted me to take possession of the drugs.

It would be easy enough for a curious guy with a few drinks on board to get caught out this way.

This is in no way a defence of any guy who gets caught pushing drugs in Thailand, just my experience one night in Pattaya.

Foggy

"I am convinced he was an undercover cop and just wanted me to take possession of the drugs."

what convinced you ? A friend of mine is always looking out for them, what gave it away ?

Edited by zorro1

What a bizzare collection of inane ramblings that was.........

You on drugs Gerry?

FF

:) Agreed

Gerry the majority of people in Northern Ireland believe it or not like to be called Northern Irish.

I don't think he will be that arsed about being called Irish because in a Thai prison they will just call him a ferang anyway.

Why would a NI Loyalist travel on an Irish passport? If he was skint what is he doing with a Fortuner? He was carrying 55K baht. Anybody seriously think that was his life savings?

Such is the quality of many of the postings in this thread I am not expecting any intelligent answers.