Mod Hijacking Then Closing Thread

surface

I know discussing moderation is against the rules, so I'm not going to link to the thread (which I hadn't even posted in BTW), but please bear with me as I think this should be addressed.

A certain thread in the internet/computer forum was, from my point of view, hijacked by a mod and then closed several posts later due it being off topic and getting close to being against the rules (due to the content of the mods posts). :)

It wasn't my thread so I didn't want to email support or admin about it (none of my business) but in general I think a review of appropriate behavior with regards to hijacking and closing threads is in order.

over and out.

I see that the legal side of downloading movies or whatever was discussed exhaustively in that topic and what would have been left was the illegal side of it, a direction in which the topic started to go. Therefore, it was in my opinion correct to close the topic.

Aside from that, giving correct information and pointing out how to do things legally should not be considered as hijacking a topic. It is against forum rules to discuss illegal practices and it is the job of the moderating team to prevent this.

If the OP of this topic has any additional information he would like to give to the OP of the closed topic I suggest that he send him a PM.

And now I am going to close this topic because, as the OP said, moderation action is not to be discussed in an open forum.

From the forum rules:

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the report function.
So if anybody finds my closing of this topic objectionable, the report button is at the bottom left of this post.

:)

--

Maestro