Cinco De Mayo Mexican Celebration At Don's

DonaldBattles

Join the annual Cinco de Mayo Mexican Celebration at Don's Mall in Rawai on May 5 starting at 18:30. Singing, dancing to Marachi Music and eating a great Mexican food Buffet. This great victory of the Mexican Army in 1861 is widely celebrated every year. This will be Phuket's first big Mexican Celebration. Join the fun!

The big Mexican food buffet will be 180 Baht which includes a free Margarita. Best dressed Tex-Mex style lady and man will win a free bottle of wine. There will be coupon drawings for Don's Mexican Food Products and wine. Call 076 289314 for reservations.

Please, no special tables for organizations or groups. This is a 5 de Mayo celebration.

Come who may and enjoy. Don's area is large, but not large enough, and this will visibly piss off all who come with one large table blocking everyone else.

Pork is being served. Cinco de Mayo is a great celebration. The French invaded Mexico in 1861 because they refused to pay a big tax. 2000 Mexicans kicked the ass of 6500 French and then they went home. Cinco de Mayo is celebrated in the western part of the USA like Saint Patricks day is in the East.

What a great feast we are preparing for you for small money. Come on down and have a good time.

Don

I'm just back from Don's. It was packed. Those folks that arrived early will have good reviews. Those who arrived late (after 18.50) will not be happy. I arrived at 18.40, big lines at the buffet table, but I managed to have a choice from the many platters, only one platter was already empty. The food & variety was terrific, but the organisation was poor, very poor. Many people arrived, paid their 180 baht, to find that there was almost no food left. I heard a lot of complaining, even some asking for their money back.

Seemed to be zero table service for drinks. I actually went into the bar, but no-one on duty. I myself thought I had very good value for money for my 180 baht, although the margarita's had already run out of the very small pitcher. But the whole experience was ruined for the late comers. I actually spoke to Don about the food situation, he said it was his staff's error as he had ordered them to prepare for an expected 100 people, but they had not followed his instructions. They seemed not to have any food prepared to replenish the buffet platters. I estimate there was a lot more than 100 people.... :)

I agree with LKata. Don was actually apologetic and he was running around like mad with glass trays, helping the staff.

We never got our margaritas, and we asked 3 times for ice with the beers and none came. He was quite understaffed, and not enough food.

The food that was there was good.

We left early as some drunken american woman was singing and being very obnoxious. As was her friend with the snake around her neck.

We left early as some drunken american woman was singing and being very obnoxious. As was her friend with the snake around her neck.

LOL I know the table you're talking about. It was a cool snake though.

I arrived early...Too early I didn't read the mailer properly and showed up about an hour early. So I ordered a small pitcher of Margarita s and arranged my table. I'm glad I came early as there were many reserved tables and I had forgotten to call and book a table.

The Food was incredible! I had a big plate and then went back for seconds. I did notice that those arriving later did have to wait for seating. (there was a light mist rain so people did not sit in the outside uncovered portion)

It was sooooooo good I started to enter a food coma :) .

and for the people who came late...why do you want to show up to a buffet at the end? come early, come often :D

Fantastic time Don. Thank you very much.