Motorbike Insurance

Guderian

I need to insure a motorbike, nothing fancy, just a Honda Click. Does anyone know of an insurance broker/agent in the Jomtien area?

Failing that, maybe a shop in South Pattaya?

Thanks for any help. :)

Sorry, don't think you'll find anything in Jomtien. Try ThaiSri on Sukhumvit, left hand side going north, between Tai and Klang (sh1t, might be between Klang and Nua, but you get my drift)....... nearly opposite Index, if memory serves. I use them for our small 110cc/125cc scooters, all about 300 baht per annum, which is the minimum cover required (I believe) to be road legal here. They'll sort your annual road tax too.

Edited by AceCafe

Sorry, don't think you'll find anything in Jomtien. Try ThaiSri on Sukhumvit, left hand side going north, between Tai and Klang (sh1t, might be between Klang and Nua, but you get my drift)....... nearly opposite Index, if memory serves. I use them for our small 110cc/125cc scooters, all about 300 baht per annum, which is the minimum cover required (I believe) to be road legal here. They'll sort your annual road tax too.

Thanks. Is the Thai Sri place easily identifiable, with a big sign or whatever? It's just that when I'm driving along Suk I tend to keep my eyes on the traffic as much as possible. I guess I could just try parking opposite Index and have a wander up and down.

A Thai guy told me about two shops on Thepprasit near Mityon. I went there yesterday, but they seem to have closed down. At least that's what the helpful lady in Mityon said. She told me about a shop that sounded like it was on Soi Korpai, but I didn't get the directions clearly.

AA Insurance, you find them at Big C South Pattaya, there is a small Soi with new Shop Houses going down at the Side of Big C from Sukumvit Rd.

They are in one of the Shop houses, easy to find.

AA Insurance, you find them at Big C South Pattaya, there is a small Soi with new Shop Houses going down at the Side of Big C from Sukumvit Rd.

Thanks for the info. Would that soi be on the north or south side of Big C?

Thanks for the info. Would that soi be on the north or south side of Big C?

North side, if you click on ThaiVisa insurance - this is where you get a quote from.

North side, if you click on ThaiVisa insurance - this is where you get a quote from.

Thanks for the info. I checked the link, and the standard third class insurance rate from ThaiVisa/AA is:

Less Than 110 CC. = 2,707.23 Baht

More Than 110 CC. = 2,838.84 Baht

That's about six or seven times what I had been told it should cost by various people (roughly 400 Baht/annum), and is almost ten times the figure mentioned by AceCafe above.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the info. I checked the link, and the standard third class insurance rate from ThaiVisa/AA is:

That's about six or seven times what I had been told it should cost by various people (roughly 400 Baht/annum), and is almost ten times the figure mentioned by AceCafe above.

Yes, sorry you are. The insurance premiums you are quoting are for quite different benefits.

As others have recommended visit the AA Insurance offices next to Big C – South Pattaya – for the full information.

Yes, they where probably talking about the minimal Insurance, I paid around 500 Baht or even less, I dont remember. You quoted a additional Insurance. That one is not mandatory.

Just jump on your noisemaker and drive there, they dont bite.

• 1 year later...

Go to the Suzuki dealer right there on Sukhumvit. A little bit south of Index on the other side.

You usually do the road tax and the insurance all in one swoop.

It was 1000 baht the last 2 times. You bring your green book and they foto copy

the page that shows you're the owner and then take the book for one month. And

give you the photo copy to hang on to. (And of course your passport)

You come back and get the book back after 1 mo and the new sticker to display and a

ticker tape looking thing with the insurance policy that's real easy to destroy the ink on so

don't carry it for a whole year scrunched in your wallet. When

your bike is 5 years old you have to bring the bike there and they mechanically inspect it as well

as determine the authenticity of the numbers etched in the case.

What I want to know is

if you go to a completely different city outside of Chonburi province

do you have to start all over with a fresh proof of residence from the immigration

for that city?

Go to the Suzuki dealer right there on Sukhumvit. A little bit south of Index on the other side.

You come back and get the book back after 1 mo and the new sticker to display and a

ticker tape looking thing with the insurance policy that's real easy to destroy the ink on so

your bike is 5 years old you have to bring the bike there and they mechanically inspect it as well

What I want to know is

do you have to start all over with a fresh proof of residence from the immigration

for that city?

Was 800 Baht on corner of Lengkee and 2nd road last time I did it Same -Same

What I want to know is

for that city?

Was 800 Baht on corner of Lengkee and 2nd road last time I did it Same -Same

Not a good idea- all you will get is the rubbish insurance not worth the paper its written on. As for going to a bike dealer haha what do they know about insurance - go to AA as someone else said - they understand insurance as that is their job !

Motor Bike: >75CC <125CC 324 baht

: >125CC <150CC 431 baht

: >150CC 646 baht

This is for the CTPL insurance, the prices you have is for voluntary third class insurance.