Horse Back Riding

tadders

A friend of mine goes to the Horizon (www.horizonvillage.net) and is very satisfied with the way they treat the horses and the riding lessons. If I remember well it's 350 baht per hour.

It's on the CM-Doi Saket road, pass the intersection with the second ringroad, another 2/3/4/?????? km's on your left.

A friend of mine goes to the Horizon (www.horizonvillage.net) and is very satisfied with the way they treat the horses and the riding lessons. If I remember well it's 350 baht per hour.

It's on the CM-Doi Saket road, pass the intersection with the second ringroad, another 2/3/4/?????? km's on your left.

Thank you!

Yes, that's correct. I have been riding there with my friend for a short while.

But, it's a bit chaotic and therefore not always very safe, such as people are riding in different directions and speeds in the same ring.

The horses aren't in optimum health. And due all the pulling in their mouthes and kicks in their sides, they now just follow the horse in front of them or do what you want when seeing the whip. Not my style of riding.

You can sponsor your own horse though, which then will be ridden by you only and you can give it special care. However, that means you have to go there almost daily.

The Horizon is bit more costly but, according to my friend, way much better.

There are more places where you can ride, so I've heard. I only do not know where.

Edited by Nienke

I would love to know of a place to go riding... Maybe half-lease a horse with someone else.

I tried the trail riding place in Mae Rim, and while it was fantastic to be on a horse again, the horses weren't much compared to the ones that I used to own, you know?

Sorry I don't know, but I'll ask my friend. If she knows, I'll send you a pm. :)

BTW, do you know that there is a shop opposite the Lanna Golf course on the chotana road (thus if you come from Mae Rim and head town, it's on your left) where you can buy all sorts of horsy stuff, such as boots, trousers, caps, leads (or whatever you call them) etc.

It's a small shop and not very visible. But next door is a big golf equipmment shop.

Sorry I don't know, but I'll ask my friend. If she knows, I'll send you a pm. :D

BTW, do you know that there is a shop opposite the Lanna Golf course on the chotana road (thus if you come from Mae Rim and head town, it's on your left) where you can buy all sorts of horsy stuff, such as boots, trousers, caps, leads (or whatever you call them) etc.

It's a small shop and not very visible. But next door is a big golf equipmment shop.

Whips? :)