Sme Fair, May 1-10 At Centre For Ind. Promotion

NancyL

This week's Chiang Mai Mail had a little article about a trade fair May 1 - 10 at the Center for Industrial Promotion on Tung Hotel Rd. It said that various consumer products, handicrafts, food, etc were to be sold, with several hundred vendors. Supposedly thousands of visitors are expected. If that's the case, then those visitors probably aren't internet users.

I did a detailed internet search about this fair attempting to learn:

1. exact hours of operation

2. if it's open every day, May 1 - 10 including the many holidays during this period

3. is it open to the general public, or just to wholesale buyers

4. is it something that would interest a couple of expat retirees (me and the Mr.)

5. are they going to restock items as the fair progresses or is it best to come early

We live on the other side of town and before we spring for the song taew fair we'd like to make sure that it's open and worth visiting.

Anyone gone? Anyone know their hours?

They are always great with cool stuff to buy or to look at things for exporting. One the weekend they are really really crowded with Thais out for a stroll and a bargain. I try to go at off times like after 4 pm, when most families are heading home. Not sure, but hours are probably like 10a-6p.

Parking gets a bit tricky along the open road there at peak times so... enjoy a bit of a walk to n for the place.

Well, the directions are easy enough. The place is on the Big Map.

It's on the east side of Tung (Thoong) Hotel Road at the Industrial Promotion Center. Tung Hotel Rd. is just east of the train station off Charoen Muang Rd. You go north on Tung Hotel Road from Charoen Muang Rd. For those of you that want those confusing "left", "right", "just past" (non-North American) type of directions, here they are:

If you're coming to the train station from the old city, go past the train station and turn left at the first major road after the train station. The Industrial Promotion Center is on the right side of that road.

Now for the hours, etc. When this post wasn't getting results, I studied the photo announcing the event in the Chiang Mai Mail and realized I recognized one of the people. I emailed her and learned the event is May 1 - 10 from 10 am to 8 pm every day during that time, including the many holidays. They restock daily so it should be as good later as it is earlier. It has home items, computer stuff, electronics, car things, handicrafts, clothing, fresh and frozen foods. It is suppose to have something for everyone and everyone is welcome. It is not targeted to wholesale buyers, although I expect they're welcome too.