Ba Club World "2 For 1" Sale

Just received an email with the latest BA Club World offer, they are having a three day sale of 2 for 1 Club World Seats to many worldwide destinations, including Bangkok.

As we plan to go to the UK in the summer I thought I would check it out. The offer page defaults to flights from the UK and sure enough there is availability from the UK at £2,845 for two passengers in Club World, I make that about 133,000 Baht at the current rate, however doing the journey from Bangkok to London on the same dates it's 286,680 Baht, £5,500 at the BA conversion rate.

I know this is nothing new but it still makes me pretty cross.

I suppose it is annoying but I am sure BA have made this decision based on their own commercial needs and also their forward loads ex UK. If they wanted or were able to offer the deal from Bangkok I am sure they would have. There are some pretty good deals from UK at the moment. At least in the UK they are trying to stimulate demand for air travel, some markets respond well in a slump.

I know for a fact that the loads for BA business class ex Bangkok are very good at present so there is really no need for a seat sale to take place. The BA flight originates Australia and business out of there is also quite good.