Bum Gun Availability Australia?

fishhooks

Bought a cheapie in Tesco last trip, yes, should have got a better one in Home-Pro or similar.

Anyone seen them available in Australia?

Sorry, few degrees off Forum!!

Edited by fishhooks

yes it is a sink sprayer but.............. reduce the valve to 3/8" if you have good water pressure or you may be a bit surprised by the pressure washing you will get. :)

Also dont know about Aus but in the US Ebay has them with the hose valve etc for a cheap price. Good quality too.

As Australia's best known plumber Kenny featured the bumgun in a recent prgram I would expect them to invade many more Australian bathrooms. After al you can use them to frighten away Red Back speiders from inderthe toiletseat or chase the Cane Toads.

Bought a cheapie in Tesco last trip, yes, should have got a better one in Home-Pro or similar.

Anyone seen them available in Australia?

Sorry, few degrees off Forum!!

Check out "bum gun" on ebay and there is one for sale from Thailand brand new still packaged...from Home Pro too.. :)

we looked widely in Brisbane. From memory we found nothing the same, and we then took one back from thailand on the next trip. You will need to get a couple of extra fittings to connect it up to the average cistern pipe connection. I think (but not sure) that we did come across something similar but much more expensive - perhaps this was the sink sprayer that others have mentioned.

It's called a garden hose!

if you do fit them in australia make sure you reduce the the water pressure or they will burst and flood your bathroom

Yes this is important, it happened to me, fortunately I was at home and heard the explosion.

The cheaper the bum gun the more likely this is to happen.

I buy many bum guns at friend's requests to tote back to the US. The most satisfactory brand I have found is VRH brand, good-looking in brushed stainless steel and available at HomePro, HomeWorks, Boonthavorn, Kanyong and other stores. Cost about 1700 THB.

Another point, the "kitchen salad sprayer" does not deliver the water in the same manner, most people I know prefer a small nozzle not the wider spray of the salad sprayer. You may use your imagination as to the reason for this.

I bought a bum gun last year in Thailand for 280 baht. I hooked it up to my dunny in Melbourne and have been happily spraying since. I do know what posters mean about the cold blast though.

If marketed properly, I think a person could make a financial killing with bum guns in Australia, especially in the hot zones. Hygienic, less solid waste in the sewerage system, save on toilet paper, spray your dunny with it, and so on. Lots of ways to push a product which is cheap and of real benefit to the buyer.

However, you would need a bit of cash and a lot of drive to get it going.

Quite easy to fit, just a "T" piece and quarter turn tap on the gun side, if the pressure is an issue.

But then we have to remember to put the toiletseat down AND return the bumgun tap to the original position.

Don't know about the Toilet Seat, but the Bum-Gun tap is only in line with the "gun", so would be important to make sure you have a good quality one that you can have the required pressure available to it at all times.

• 2 weeks later...
This gets over the higher pressure problem:

Now, about the in-line heater for Southern AUS !?

A flow control valve, which you have here doesn't reduce the pressure when the bum-gun is not in use. The pressure in the line will be mains pressure. The only way to reduce the pressure is with a pressure regulating valve (big and expensive)

Edited by Artisi

Good Advice, will check Kitchen Accessories

Australians are cowards. How could they let their guns get confiscated and then run off and hide to Thailand where they can fuc_k Thai girls. If any of you Aussies had any balls, like the diggers, you'd be sacrificing your rights abroad and taking back your natural birthright. Instead you'd rather toss it off. Congratulations. You are professionals perverts now. I hope your 22 year old girlfriend is worth the world you left behind.

Please explain.

we looked widely in Brisbane. From memory we found nothing the same, and we then took one back from thailand on the next trip. You will need to get a couple of extra fittings to connect it up to the average cistern pipe connection. I think (but not sure) that we did come across something similar but much more expensive - perhaps this was the sink sprayer that others have mentioned.

Try shops that have titles similar to "plumbing supplies". The second one I went to (southside) had them. Forget Bunnings and the like. They are expensive but excellent quality. The Thai ones blow up too easy in Thailand and Oz. Valve change or not.