Schengen Visa Question

My Mrs has had 3 Schegen visas now, 2 for Spain and 1 for Portugal, we will be heading back to the UK for Christmas and will be spending a week in January in Spain again, I thought that with a Spanish Schegen that Mrs E could only enter Spain and go into another country from there, not go straight to France for example or Holland, is that right, or with a Schegen visa from the Spanish Embassy can we quite easily enter another European coountry for a holiday??

Thanks.

Mr E

//Edit: Split from another topic in this forum where it was off topic. -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro

My Mrs has had 3 Schegen visas now, 2 for Spain and 1 for Portugal, we will be heading back to the UK for Christmas and will be spending a week in January in Spain again, I thought that with a Spanish Schegen that Mrs E could only enter Spain and go into another country from there, not go straight to France for example or Holland, is that right, or with a Schegen visa from the Spanish Embassy can we quite easily enter another European coountry for a holiday??

Thanks.

Mr E

//Edit: Split from another topic in this forum where it was off topic. -- Maestro

No, you are able to enter through any schengen country when you have a visa.

Google what Schengen really means, and you will find out that you can travel almost over all of Europe, ones you got that visa, and have been admitted. The only limitation you will have is when the visa expiries.

Ta folks. I know that the visa enables the holder to travel to any country in Europe except Switzerland and the UK but I was under the impression that you had to travel to the country from where you obtained the visa and then from there you could travel to another European country - not just go straight to any country.

Thanks

Jimmy

Ta folks. I know that the visa enables the holder to travel to any country in Europe except Switzerland and the UK but I was under the impression that you had to travel to the country from where you obtained the visa and then from there you could travel to another European country - not just go straight to any country.

Thanks

Jimmy

Switzerland is now also part ot the agreement.

AAARRHHH, splendid, Europe here we come, except Switzerland, don't want to go there anyway - ha ha!!

Thanks peeps.

Sorry to disappoint you but ..... the Schenghen visa allows one to go to Switzerland

Another thing: I am not quite sure about the applicant's status but one may not apply for another Shenghen visa wiyhin six months after the previous one has expired