Hotel Muggers Nabbed

george

Iranian hotel muggers nabbed

post-128-1241299338_thumb.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two Iranian nationals were arrested after allegedly robbing a German tourist on Friday night in Bangkok's Prince Hotel, police said yesterday.

They reportedly belonged to a gang which robbed tourists in Bangkok and Pattaya, one member of which was gunned down by police in 2001.

Mojthaba Modagi, 43, and Babac Sasabac, 32, were arrested along with a .45mm pistol, five bullets, a pocket knife and a motorcycle, said city police chief Pol Lt-General Worapong Chewpreecha.

They allegedly robbed Uwe Hib, 48, while he was walking out of a lift to his hotel room. They stabbed him in his right leg before feeling for his valuables, he said, but he alerted security guards.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-03

post-128-1241299338_thumb.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two Iranian nationals were arrested after allegedly robbing a German tourist on Friday night in Bangkok's Prince Hotel, police said yesterday.

They reportedly belonged to a gang which robbed tourists in Bangkok and Pattaya, one member of which was gunned down by police in 2001.

Mojthaba Modagi, 43, and Babac Sasabac, 32, were arrested along with a .45mm pistol, five bullets, a pocket knife and a motorcycle, said city police chief Pol Lt-General Worapong Chewpreecha.

They allegedly robbed Uwe Hib, 48, while he was walking out of a lift to his hotel room. They stabbed him in his right leg before feeling for his valuables, he said, but he alerted security guards.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-03

While I have no problems with the news I wish the writers would get it right.... (.45) or (.45 cal) is correct 45mm is nearly 2 inches and 11mm while accurate for size is inaccurate as a calibre...OK? :)

Will they be deported to Iran?

Given the choice of an all inclusive stay courtesy of HM Prison Service or the delights of Iranian Sharia law these tatooed geniuses are in for an adventure. I'm sure some sympathetic Europeans will take up their cause, poor misunderstood boys.

This is serious,bloody farangs mugging now,well maybe not right to call them farangs,more like scumbags.

Puts it into perspective when one post is saying 20 english young guys coming on holiday and tyhey are party animals,more like wimps compared to these Iranians

Waht I cant understand is how they have been in business still since 2001... send them back to Iran where they'll get a dose they'll never forget.Oh, and I love the look on those two cops faces; look like there loving every minute of it !

Edited by bkkdawg

They stabbed him in his right leg before feeling for his valuables...

I know it's a serious matter, but come-on...

And who says Iran doesn't have 45mm calibre weapons - George W. has been warning us about Iranian WMDs (Weapons of Metric Destruction) for years... :)

Glad to see they were nailed and won't likely be bailed.

Seems there were preying on other Persians and Arabs,

maybe to not make it come up on Thai polices radar so easily

as it would if they robbed English or other western peoples.

Surely police know about these groups and they activities. They've been here ages. Do they have valid visas? What kind? It's not illegal for police to request presentation of passports to authorities upon request is it? If it mean't cleaning up Thailand I wouldn't mind carrying an authorised copy of my passport/visa everywhere I go. Thailand should look seriously at itself how it deals with illegals.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-03

It's good that the security in this hotel is worth something. Then, the police is doing the right job in arresting these 2 guys. I understand that they also arrest the knife, which is guilty of stabbing the german guy.

But then, why do the BIB have to fuc_k it all up, and also arrest the gun, the bullets and the bike ? I'm sure the gun was there against its will, and that the bike was just passing by ! The nassion should be more specific with these...

After all, they could be valuable witnesses . . .

:):D:D:D:D:D:D

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-03

I understand that they also arrest the knife, which is guilty of stabbing the german guy.

But then, why do the BIB have to fuc_k it all up, and also arrest the gun, the bullets and the bike ? I'm sure the gun was there against its will, and that the bike was just passing by ! The nassion should be more specific with these...

:):D:D:D:D:D:D

That's an improvement. I remember when it was reported that elephants would be arrested along with their mahouts...

Can you guess which paper? Never mind! I won't say.

:D

Glad they got caught. I am sure as the economy suffers there is going to be more of this sort of stuff. Also, with fewer tourists, a greater chance of getting targetted.

wonder why they've not been got before? I think the Prince Hotel is mainly Arabs like the Grace Hotel. Perhaps they've preyed on illegal people before, who don't want to go to the police. Police have little respect for any of the Arabs or African guys that hang around these hotels, and occasionally take them all off to the police station....Also, they seem to have a kind of bonding with each other, which says not to grass each other even if they're mugged...they fear reprisals back home. Some Arabs say they have connections in the police back in Iran or Iraq and will kill your families if you go to the police..

I remember sitting eating some middle eastern food near the grace hotel in the day of Saddam Hussein and this Iraqi came over to our table and started shouting that he was in the police back home in Iraq and showed me his gun holster but no gun. He was a scary guy, and he was asking visiting Arabs at the tables to give him money. He asked me to buy him a coke which I refused, and then the restaurant manager gave him a free one all because of fear, i think..