Best Beer In Chiang Mai?

chiangmaioldhand

word has it on the very quiet grape vine, anonymouse, that RL may be getting it in, subject to a very high powered meeting shortly. As I have posted earlier, you can get the dark, Dunkel stuff in O'Malleys already, RL is considering the weissbier I believe... well thats what KH said after several cups of coffee and a chicken & cashew nuts tonight!

Why not the weissbier and the Dunkel?, I'm sorry to say that even half price beer wouldn't lure me into O'malleys :)

Try a Guiness.

word has it on the very quiet grape vine, anonymouse, that RL may be getting it in, subject to a very high powered meeting shortly. As I have posted earlier, you can get the dark, Dunkel stuff in O'Malleys already, RL is considering the weissbier I believe... well thats what KH said after several cups of coffee and a chicken & cashew nuts tonight!

Why not the weissbier and the Dunkel?, I'm sorry to say that even half price beer wouldn't lure me into O'malleys :)

Me neither "not if Rose is still working there"

Funny how she seemed OK when she worked on Loi Kroh (close to that place where the water was so pricey) then when she went to work for Scott she must have had a personality transplant :D

Chiang Mai German Brewey = Weizen Boch wonderful !! this is the place .. nector!!! bes beer in CM hands down actually the only place for beer in CM!! food is o.k. too.. the food at microbrewey place on river sucks.. beer not nearly the same as german brewery

Why not the weissbier and the Dunkel?

Draft beers need to sell, so it's a question of keeping them fresh by ensuring you sell enough. Also, with 3 other draft beers in stock , space behind the bar for chillers, kegs and gas becomes a factor. I'm considering getting the Weizen, so I opened this topic to see what folk thought of these beers. If I were to get it in, it might not be for a few months as May/June is normally very quiet.

It's a good idea. I hope you follow through. Beats the heck out of having the Erdlinger next door, and likely cheaper than the Paulenar.

Why not the weissbier and the Dunkel?

Draft beers need to sell, so it's a question of keeping them fresh by ensuring you sell enough. Also, with 3 other draft beers in stock , space behind the bar for chillers, kegs and gas becomes a factor. I'm considering getting the Weizen, so I opened this topic to see what folk thought of these beers. If I were to get it in, it might not be for a few months as May/June is normally very quiet.

Understood, I was just being greedy.

On a selfish note I'm in the UK at the moment and enjoying a vast array of draught beers so I can wait a few months till you get it on tap.

Maybe we can persuade Tuskers to get the Dunkel and the Old bell the Bock and I could make a nice little pub crawl of it :)

hey

can any of you guys maybe get me contact detail of the bar owner. I brew my own beer here in pataya and I was wondering where he gets his grain from as it is a HUGE hassle importing the stuff

. Please PM me.

LAter

can you buy beer to go from the CM Brewery or the Micro-Brewery? would love a growler or two of good beer in the fridge

Now that I've checked out what a growler is I can answer your question. 

Since they sell draught beer then I'm sure you could take a growler along and they will fill it for you. I don't think they have their own growlers, and they don't seem to have bottling facilities. The best way to take it away is to do it the same way as everyone else does. :)

Been at Micro Brewery last time on 12th April ( just on the start of Sonkran holiday). Entered with a pal at about 9.30, the place was about 30 % filled. We orderd two different beers, I the Weizen, my friend the Weizen Bock. Both been really NOT o.k.. Because my friend "knows" the manger Khun Sonsak, we decided not to complain (not worth the effort,...)

At 9.30 I expect to NOT get the first beer of the evening (usually mai aloy, in Europe the first half liter would be either spilled or mixed in small percentage into the next orders).

Our beers been that bad that we didn't even finish them (160 B for the Bock). So I though thats it with the place for me (about 3-4 years ago stopped going there because of serious downturn of entertaintment).

Anyhow I am happy to hear that the beer is still good for you (so probably also for me) and the lousy soup was an exeption.

As for taking away their beers I talked to Sonsak a few years ago. Can do - so I ask him for the price. Same as in the premise!! And how he will bottle it? - he shows me an empty 1.5 l Pepsi plastic bottle!!Dream on!!

There was even a beer there called Steinlager that was awarded the gold medal for the best beer in the world in competitions held over several years in Holland. "maybe it was influenced by the fact that any Dutch folk who were not in Holland lived in the antipodes"

Steinlager sucks. Wouldn't rely on the Dutch for their choice in taste; they did afterall come up with Heineken which gives the same icky feeling as the aforementioned :) Speights, that other beer the Kiwis do, is a nice drop though :D

There was even a beer there called Steinlager that was awarded the gold medal for the best beer in the world in competitions held over several years in Holland. "maybe it was influenced by the fact that any Dutch folk who were not in Holland lived in the antipodes"

Steinlager sucks. Wouldn't rely on the Dutch for their choice in taste; they did afterall come up with Heineken which gives the same icky feeling as the aforementioned :) Speights, that other beer the Kiwis do, is a nice drop though :D

Now, I didn't (myself) say that Steinlager was the best beer in the world.

It is nice however to see someone possessing a little bit of culture posting here on TV.

"Speights first brewed more than 133 years ago", now there is a pint of the best.

Speights was at one time not widely available all around the country "people said that it didn't travel well" whatever that meant.

But it is (and was) an icon in the town that adopted "the Bard"

I can still hear the pipes in the glen :D

And almost hear the applause when Jack crossed the line in Berlin (1936) Yes it is a dream.....

"Dare to be wise"

Edited by john b good