Amazing Air Asia Prices

donx

Today I went to the Air Asia website to book flights for 6 of us to Chiang Mai from Bangkok and back and I was amazed that the prices had dropped significantly in just two day. The base price per person went from 500 baht down to 99 baht. The round trip cost for the six of us is only 5,231.76. This includes the 50 per person per flight to have checked in bags of up to 15 kg and it includes assigned seating (in the 6th and 7th row) for both flights. This is a cost of only 871.96 baht per person or about 25 US$.

Is this a new promotion I happened to fall onto?

BTW, I've flown Air Asia a few times before and I never had a problem with them.

Today I went to the Air Asia website to book flights for 6 of us to Chiang Mai from Bangkok and back and I was amazed that the prices had dropped significantly in just two day. The base price per person went from 500 baht down to 99 baht. The round trip cost for the six of us is only 5,231.76. This includes the 50 per person per flight to have checked in bags of up to 15 kg and it includes assigned seating (in the 6th and 7th row) for both flights. This is a cost of only 871.96 baht per person or about 25 US$.

BTW, I've flown Air Asia a few times before and I never had a problem with them.

I have booked and paid for a very cheap fare from Bangkok to Perth return via Kuala Lumpur by Air Asia. When I phoned them to ask if I could send my luggage straight through to Perth and vice versa; they told me that I can not, They also said that I had to collect my baggage in Kuala Lumpur and then lug it through customs and immigration and then turn around and lug it back through customs and immigration. And again do this on the return journey. There is no mention of this in thier on line booking form. I am too old for all this hassle and I don't want an extra 4 large malaysian immigration stamps in my passport. When I found out all this I told them it was not acceptable and I wanted a refund which they refused.

The last time I flew Air Asia Bangkok to Chiangrai the plane was delayed about 4 hours.

I have booked and paid for a very cheap fare from Bangkok to Perth return via Kuala Lumpur by Air Asia. When I phoned them to ask if I could send my luggage straight through to Perth and vice versa; they told me that I can not, They also said that I had to collect my baggage in Kuala Lumpur and then lug it through customs and immigration and then turn around and lug it back through customs and immigration. And again do this on the return journey. There is no mention of this in thier on line booking form. I am too old for all this hassle and I don't want an extra 4 large malaysian immigration stamps in my passport. When I found out all this I told them it was not acceptable and I wanted a refund which they refused.

The last time I flew Air Asia Bangkok to Chiangrai the plane was delayed about 4 hours.

B aggage can be a curse if you are one of those ppl who bring the kitchen sink and all.

I use Air Asia all the time.

I pack my bag with 15 kilos in mind, no worries and easy to move around immigration etc.

Of course you are flying a point to point airline, have to gather bags every arrival.

I will be flying around S.E.A. for two and a half months, Nov to Jan later this year, 15 kgs is ample.

I have booked and paid for a very cheap fare from Bangkok to Perth return via Kuala Lumpur by Air Asia.

I bet you booked a flight to Kuala Lumpur AND a flight going further to Perth, which makes a difference here. AirAsia and none of the Euro LCCs I know ever sold "via"-flights and they do not get tired of mentioning that they are point to point carriers.

As for the 99Baht-Flights. Yes, its a special (as you can see on their Thai startingpage), but one of those that are repeated frequently. Also flew to Chiang Rai for a couple of Baht last month. If you are flexibel, play a bit with the booking dates. Sometimes, especially on fridays and sundays, the cheap flights are all taken, but a saturday morning flight might still be availible for 99B.

Had 10+ flights so far with them. 9 of them perfectly on time, 1 was cancelled with 2 hours SMS-notice. Luckily, that was in Phuket with a lot of choices to BKK remaining.

I think you have stumbled on a new offer, last week I booked to go to Udon Thani next week at 499 Baht each way, and was happy with that, but 99 Baht would have been much better.

Well done.

Just booked 8 r/t flights from Bangers to CM at 99bt for £100 quid...(including our builders .)

..think I have already posted said but cant find......

never mind its May Day Bank Holiday over er and time for another pint......methinks.......UP the workers .. :)

I have booked and paid for a very cheap fare from Bangkok to Perth return via Kuala Lumpur by Air Asia.

I bet you booked a flight to Kuala Lumpur AND a flight going further to Perth, which makes a difference here. AirAsia and none of the Euro LCCs I know ever sold "via"-flights and they do not get tired of mentioning that they are point to point carriers.

most Asian LCCs, such as TIGER, JETSTARASIA, CEBU PACIFIC, as well as several Indonesian Airlines (these on domestic destinations only) in fact DO allow via-flights and sell those "via"-tickets on their website.

though Air Asia does not, that's correct.

I flew from Perth to BKK - actually booked it that way - on Tiger. Had to get baggage and go thru immigration in Singapore and then back thru departures and checkin. (at 3.30 am it was a pain in the ass).

Tiger are point to point carriers - that way if they are late and you miss a connection they can shrug their shoulders.