Do I Need A Shrink?

Dustoff

~

Before those of you who know me scream "YES", read on..

Perhaps my old PTSD is kicking in or I have a tendency toward epilepsy but does anyone else find that sickly green, pulsating, twisting buZZsaw-blade in the jobs.thaivisa ad at the top of most pages extremely annoying?

I know, I know, I am going to get warned - and I know that motion, and things coming at you threateningly, and scary sharp-pointed objects are the old standards (very old) of grabbing attention but, all in one ad? Even in my peripheral vision, it makes me feel like James Bond must have felt in that movie where he was strapped to a platform that was moving him toward a giant sawblade that was headed for his crotch.

I usually don't sweat this much...

This thread will likely be closed soon..

But now you will all start noticing, won't you?

And you won't forget what you read here.

And you will find yourself sweating...

Heh, heh... :)

~

Before those of you who know me scream "YES", read on..

Perhaps my old PTSD is kicking in or I have a tendency toward epilepsy but does anyone else find that sickly green, pulsating, twisting buZZsaw-blade in the jobs.thaivisa ad at the top of most pages extremely annoying?

I know, I know, I am going to get warned - and I know that motion, and things coming at you threateningly, and scary sharp-pointed objects are the old standards (very old) of grabbing attention but, all in one ad? Even in my peripheral vision, it makes me feel like James Bond must have felt in that movie where he was strapped to a platform that was moving him toward a giant sawblade that was headed for his crotch.

I usually don't sweat this much...

This thread will likely be closed soon..

But now you will all start noticing, won't you?

And you won't forget what you read here.

And you will find yourself sweating...

Heh, heh... :)

The only ads that bother me are the ones that paste themselves right across a topic so you can't read what is posted. But, they don't last if you go somewhere else and come back later. I don't much pay attention to ads of any kind and only go by personal recommendation.

i know how he feels and i sympathise.

I find it hypnotic.

good colours and graphics but overall - too disturbing.

thenation website also has this disturbing ad

Edited by mc2