Hats

stiggy

Tell me how to manipulate this for better effect.

Hi 'stiggy',

Welcome to this forum.

First of all, please re-size your photo as at (2736 x 3648) 3.71mb is far to large. Try say 1000 x 800 or 800 x 600. :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win

Hello Stiggy, hats off to coming over to the evaluation forum.

I can see why you took the image, the patterns of the weaves make an interesting image. The problem I have with this image is the ceiling or whatever that stuff is on the top left. You could crop it out, but your image loses some of its appeal. I simply got rid of it and put in a ceiling with a little atmosphere. In this case a straw hut. I just did a quick job on it to show the concept. I think with a little time you could find a better image to use up top.

Its up to you if you like to take that much license with an image.

Oh yeah I also warmed up the tones in the image. Straw should be warm IMO.

The image is now smaller an better suited to the forum with consideration to slow internet connections in the Kingdom.

cheers

post-10408-1241532167_thumb.jpg

Hi Stiggy:

I always use Photoshop, but the same can be done with other programs. I like to make a path by hand and cut out the object and make it into a new layer, I then slip another image behind as a new background. Most people prefer to use masks, and they are probably right to do so, I am just set in my ways (i want to change really). Anyhow, if you have photoshop, surf the web for a tutorial on masking, and you will have all the info you need.