2008 Resident Permit Applicants

Was expecting to have my appointment at Immigration in April/May for my self introduction

in Thai (am a 2008 PR applicant) and have recently been informed that ALL 2008 PR

applicants will have to wait until July to provide their self introduction in Thai (recorded

on video camera) as focus is on getting the 06 and 07 PR applications completed.

Immigration doesn't have much to do when the PR applications are approved. The cashier takes the money and the room on second floor produces the certificates of residence books but those are separate depts from the one that accepts the applications and does the tests. Sounds a bit fishy but I hope it really does mean that the Interior Ministry has finished with the 2006 and 2007 applications and is going to give them back to Immigration to finalize soon. This type of inexplicable delay will cost them income as many will not bother to go to the trouble of applying as a result of hearing horror stories from those waiting.

This type of inexplicable delay will cost them income as many will not bother to go to the trouble of applying as a result of hearing horror stories from those waiting.

Depends how you look at it. waiting for PR to be approved, I have been able to stay in the Kingdom, without the hassles of yearly renewals and the massive paper work, without having to pay the 210,000 baht fee. Pretty good deal to me. I don't care if it takes them 20 more years to process my application, except for the fact that one day I might want to apply for citizenship.