Is That Me Only ?

simcity

Been here for over 10 years, mostly keep to myself & have a nice life

Just feel more & more aggressions, example shops trying to push items on you, not talking about India tailor, but just the simple fruits stand in fresh food market and the items are second quality.

Shops you know are unreasonable trying to over charge you.

Many shops I know have disappear, today went to a clinic near balhampuu in samseen road, where they have new owner & service so bad I walk away, did use this clinic for over 6 years for different health test.

Now I just try to keep to where I know / who I know

Is it just me? Just a bad planets disposition?

I agree, but it hardly bothers me. Probably all this political talk/stuff/being told that those in power think they are ants is having an effect on the lower classes and making them less happy go lucky. For instance, taxi drivers seemed nicer and more friendly a couple of years ago, like more jokes and trying to talk with you. Now, they seem to have 24/7 long faces.

I am still just as happy as I was four years ago when I got off the plane at Don Muang.

Edited by JohnGotti

I agree, but it hardly bothers me. Probably all this political talk/stuff/being told that those in power think they are ants is having an effect on the lower classes and making them less happy go lucky. For instance, taxi drivers seemed nicer and more friendly a couple of years ago, like more jokes and trying to talk with you. Now, they seem to have 24/7 long faces.

I am still just as happy as I was four years ago when I got off the plane at Don Muang.

uuummmhhh ! newbie nice name jon gotti how is big tony???

welcome back :)

uuummmhhh ! newbie nice name jon gotti how is big tony???

welcome back :D

Did Tony Soprano ever get jailed on the show? I know he did on TV :)

I actually think things have got better than they were in that period between the mid 90s economic crash and the early years of Thaksin's administration when there was a distinct rise in nationalism.

All in all I think the Thais are pretty easy going when considering what they have to put up with from foreigners.... I mean, jsut take a look around you.

I actually think things have got better than they were in that period between the mid 90s economic crash and the early years of Thaksin's administration when there was a distinct rise in nationalism.

All in all I think the Thais are pretty easy going when considering what they have to put up with from foreigners.... I mean, jsut take a look around you.

I find Thais pretty easy-going, too.  Well, maybe I should predicate that with I find most Thais who are not in the process of driving a car pretty easy-going.

after the crash of 97 a lot of MBA's started driving taxi's, and within the last year a taxi rank has appeared in my rural neighborhood!!

a sign of the deteriorating economy, a lot more stress on people trying to make ends meet

after the crash of 97 a lot of MBA's started driving taxi's, and within the last year a taxi rank has appeared in my rural neighborhood!!

a sign of the deteriorating economy, a lot more stress on people trying to make ends meet

Yes I feel the same, shop work more hours without increasing taking!

I can see more arguments between Thai in the soi, market & around here.

And will be not surprise if the downturn is blame on the farang as well.

The problem is that many Thais believe Farangs are all loaded with cash and have more money than they know what to do with and also that Farangs are never affected by the economy.

One of the locals recently told my wife that one dollar is nothing to a Farang.

I tried to convince my brother in law that I may be comfortable but certainly not rich and also have to worry about finances. His reply was, well, you`re not working and you are living here which means I am rich as far as he`s concerned.

These attitutes have been in Thailand as far back as I can remember and can`t see Thais opinions of us ever changing.

rare though it is, i agree with GH.

Post '97 was far more nationalistic, and really seemed to view the world bank and the foreign community in general as the reason for the country's problems.

Another sign of stress. There seems to be more impatience on the roads in Bangkok. More honking of horns even though there is no way the vehicle ahead can move without jumping a red light or causing an accident. Such road rage is more common in the West.

Car horns always used to be for emergencies here.

Fortunately it's not as bad as New York in the US or Cebu in the Phils yet. :)